Making the most of your University Library
Presented by Gricel Dominguez
Are you a distance student?
We’re here to help you succeed.
The Library is here for you…
• Online at http://www.stu.edu/library
o via email (you can find all our emails on the homepage)
o chat http://library.stu.edu/chat/
o and Twitter @STULibrary
• And over the phone
o Circulation: 305-628-6667
o Reference: 305-628-6668
What do we have to offer?
Digital and print books
Library databases full of online articles
Book mailing for students who live across the state
• Online tutorials that show you the ins and outs of
library research and more
• And best of all, real, live help from friendly librarians.
Where to find information
• You can find everything the library has to offer on
Here, you will find our library catalog, links to library
databases, and ways to access our ebook collection.
What can you access from
There are thousands of e-books in our digital
collection, all available through our library e-book
You can also access library databases from
Your STU username and password will allow you to log
in and access all of our e-book and database
What is the…
• The library catalog is
found on the library’s
homepage (it’s the
search box in the lower
half of the page), and
it helps you find books
and e-books available
• The e-Research page is
where all of the library’s
databases are found.
• You can find the eresearch page by
• Or by using the subject-pages
listed in the green box on the
What is a…
• Library databases
provide access to
journal and news
articles, as well as
select reference texts.
• Library e-books are
digital copies of print
books and are
• You can view our ebooks on your
computer, a reader, a
tablet, even a
What if the library doesn’t
have what I need?
• If the library does not own the book or article you
need (whether in print or online), you can place a
request for an InterLibrary Loan online at
• Or by clicking on the InterLibrary Loan button on the
You can learn more…
• By clicking on the Distance Education Services
button on the homepage:
• Or you can stop by, call us, or email us for a quick
overview of our services.