Tattler's Trends feature illustrates trends from your gathered content. Currently, the application offers top topics, top people, top organizations, top companies and top locations. You can view all of these trends over varying time periods and sort them by topic. Both of these features work in conjunction with one another.
2. What is tattlerapp.com? Tattler (app) is an open source topic monitoring tool for today‘s Web. Local Drupal instance that mines news, websites, blog, multimedia sites and other social media like Twitter. source: tattlerapp.com Tattlerapp.com was active only in July-December 2009 (source tattlerapp.com Roadmap) – Enterprise version (2.0) planned, but never released.www.sti-innsbruck.at 2
3. What sources are crawled? • Twitter • YouTube • Yahoo News • Google Blog/News/Video • Flickr • Delicious • Technorati • WordPress (Blogs) • … no complete list found, extracted from the source code: sites/all/modules/buzzmonitor/buzz_topics/searchfeeds.incwww.sti-innsbruck.at 3
4. Target Audience PR and Communications Publisher and Journalists Researchers and Policy Analystswww.sti-innsbruck.at 4
5. How does it look like? – Topic Managementwww.sti-innsbruck.at 5
6. How does it look like? – Trend Visualizationwww.sti-innsbruck.at 6
7. Were is behind tattlerapp.com? • Phase2Technology - www.phase2technology.com • Based in Alexandria, USA • Founded in 2001 • No business model for tattlerapp.com (OpenSource project)www.sti-innsbruck.at 7
8. Analyze Not more than a proof-of-concept • Good approach, but inactive and incomplete • No support for social network, except for twitter.www.sti-innsbruck.at 8