Social Media B2B 'how to guide' explaining in 5 simple steps how to get the most out of social platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and SlideShare in order to effectively reach your target
Social Media B2B 'how to guide' explaining in 5 simple steps how to get the most out of social platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and SlideShare in order to effectively reach your target audience.
2. #1 UnderstandingUndertake a thorough listening phase, it’ll save you alot of hard work in the long run.1. What are your competitors doing?2. How does your target market behave?
3. #2 Buy-inToo many businesses enter the space with the attitude it won’t work or it’s awaste of money.This is why the listening phase should underpin everything you do..If everyone knows exactly why you’re entering the social space and what yourgoals are out of it, it’s far more likely to succeed.
4. A few goals to get you started: To personalise your company – give it a voice A way to show your clients that you’re still ahead of the game Improve your sales cycle by becoming a point of reference Turn your staff into thought leaders
5. #3 ResourceThere needs to be resource within the business dedicated tomaking social media work The internal marketing department A combination of departments / experts to make up the voice • Don’t pick someone too junior – they need to know your product well.
6. #4 Co-operation Agency + The Business = Success(Ideas / Process) + (Knowledge) = Success
7. #5 GoalsMake sure you report on a monthly basis: What worked What didn’t work What you plan to do moving forwardDon’t just make your goals around hard targets like followers or fans.Look for business social goals using Google Analytics for long-tail searchterms.
8. A few staff examples: Getting two people from outside the marketing team to contribute to blog content. Live tweeting from an industry event Engaging in a LinkedIn discussion Use Google search term metrics Number of website referrals from the blog Number of invitations to industry events Number of calls / emails to your business