Excel Services in SharePoint allows users to directly save their workbooks and publish their reports to a SharePoint site, which will render the workbooks in the browser. This feature now supports a higher level of parity between the browser and the Excel client with features like the field well and quick explore, as well as utilizing the full features of SharePoint such as collaborative editing.
3. Use slicer targets to optionally filter dashboard itemsShare your Excelworkbooks in the web Interact with your workbook with all of the rich features of the Excel client in the browser
5. SharePoint Power View PowerPivot Excel Reports Third-PartyClient Tier Insights SharePoint ServerPresentation Tier PowerPivot Add-In Search PerformancePoint Services Reporting Services Visio Services Excel Services Power View Audit and Control Management Server Self-Service BI Governance Corporate BI and Data GovernanceInformation Tier SQL Server SQL Server Analysis Services ReportingServices SQL Server SQL Server Integration Services SQL Server Master Data Services Data WarehouseData Tier Deployed Relational Business Files OData Feeds Cloud Services BI Semantic Databases Applications Models
6. Native ECS Deploy your SharePoint 2013 Enterprise farms and Features 1 enable shared services, such as Excel Services, Visio Services and PerformancePoint Services. SQL Server Analysis Services Install Analysis Services in SharePoint mode andFeatures Core BI 2 register the server in Excel Services to enable the core PowerPivot functionality. PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 Reporting Services Power View Install Reporting Services add-in and PerformancePoint Services Power View Reporting Services in SharePoint-integrated mode Excel Services 3 to unlock stunning browser-based data Visio Services exploration, visualization, and presentation SharePoint 2013 Enterprise SQL Server Database Engine experiences.All PowerPivot Deploy the PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 Add-In Features to provide additional capabilities, such as full access to 4 workbooks as a data source, scheduled data refresh, PowerPivot Gallery, and IT Management Dashboard.
7. Permanent • BISM More Specialized • SQL Server Data Tools BI Pros Servers • Report Builder • Analysis Services • Dashboard Designer • Reporting Services Ad Hoc • SharePoint Server • PowerPivot Power Users • Third-party systems • Power View • Data Mining Add-Ins Decision Makers Permanent • Operational ReportsClients • Dashboards• Excel and Add-ins • Key Performance Indicators• Internet Explorer Business Analysts• Custom Apps Ad Hoc • PowerPivot • Power View Information Workers
8. SQL Server Native Client Big and Cloud Microsoft ODBC Provider for Hive • Parallel Data Warehouse, Teradata More Complex Third-Party Providers Big • Windows Azure SQL Database Data • Apache Hadoop/Hive Analysis Services OLE DB Provider BISM ADOMD.NET • Multidimensional and tabular Analysis Services databases. Multidimensional Analysis Management Objects Sources • PowerPivot data models uploaded to a BI-enabled farm. RDMS SQL Server Native Client • SQL Server OLE DB for ODBC Relational Database Management Systems • Oracle, Sybase, Informix, IBM DB2 Third-Party Providers • Others Web-based • Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket ADO.NET • OData, REST and JSON Web Content Data Feed Client • SharePoint lists and document libraries • Cut and paste from Web pages DesktopMicrosoft.ACE.OLEDB • Microsoft Access databasesLinked Excel Tables Plain-text data files and desktop databases. • Excel spreadsheets • Comma-separated values (CSV) files
9. Enterprise Data Warehouse Tighter Control EDW Controlled Permanent • Tightly governed • Dashboards • Push Content • Business Intelligence Business Unit • Business Process Management • PerformancePoint Dashboards and balanced Scorecards • Operational Reports • Reporting Services Permanent Short Lived • Knowledge Management • Collaboration Team BI and Collaboration Sites • Information Sharing • Report BuilderAd Hoc Permanent Project Sites• Loosely governed • Personal Information• Push/Pull content • Public/Private Views• PowerPivot• Power View File Shares My Sites - Personal BI Desktop and Mobile Devices
10. Excel ServicesThe Tool: Visio ServicesSharing PerformancePoint ExcelThe Tool: Power ViewEnd user exploration PowerPivot Analysis ServicesThe stack: SQL ServerData Analysis with SQL Integration Services
11. On-Premise and CloudPersonal BI Self-Service BI Corporate BI You create your own workbook You create your “Professionally” and use the rich workbook and authored using features of Excel publish it to SharePoint, Excel to interact with SharePoint for Services, andthe workbook and wider PerformancePoint. the data it consumption. Has lasting power. contains.
12. “Microsoftenablesbusiness usersto look nofurther thanExcel for self-service BI”The Forrester Wave™:Self-Service BusinessIntelligence Platforms, Q22012, Forrester Research,Inc., June 12, 2012.