2. telepresence represents the use of a number of technologies, aesthetics and acoustics that together allow a person or people in one location to meet and collaborate with a person or people in another location (or locations) where the experience simulates all people being in the same location.
3. The need for a more enriching learning experience is coming from multiple fronts. Educators are increasingly recognizing the power of communication and collaboration tools not only for teaching and learning in situ but also for distance learning andinteraction with remote peers. Additionally, students have come to expect the latest in rich media and interactive technologies. As a result, educational institutions are under tremendous pressure to attract and retain students, and thus must offer a broad range of rich media services. These services also increase the potential for increased participation and deeper engagement by students studying at a distance. Since communication, collaboration, and digital content are the fundamental building blocks of engaging, rich-media learning environments, educational institutions need a technology that combines engaging interactions with the latest teaching methods. Cisco TelePresence is such a solution.
4.  Virtual conference sessions from thought leaders, leading telepresence and telecollaboration vendors and application end-users Virtual exhibit booths from industry leaders Virtual meeting rooms and integrated live video chat Telepresence-enabled virtual presentations and meetings Quarterly live online events for evergreen content
5.  Decreased Costs Improved Communications Increase knowledge Collaboration and participation Productivity and efficiency
6.  Participants must travel to facilities that are equipped and staffed to produce TelePresence video conferences Although risk of disruption or failure is extremely low, it is always possible over the Internet Cost prohibitive for the average organization or individuals
7.  Increase access to students Broaden the learning experience Enable distributed, virtual classes Increase access to experts Maximize social contact Enhance group coherence Provide a means to get both students and educators to a central virtual location Eliminate expensive travel Make the best use of limited time Allow genuine dialogue between all participants Provide immediate, full, two-way communication and sharing of content such as document
9.  TelePresence Case Study: How Cisco Supports Virtual Meetings with Customershttp://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/collabo ration/telepresence_virtual_meetings_web.html Internationalization of Cisco’s TelePresence http://i18nblog.com/2011/11/02/internationalization -of-ciscos-telepresence-case-study/