Senior Director at Alterian, Patrick Massey speaks on transforming social media data into actionable business intelligence at Social Media World Forum, London 2011.
Senior Director at Alterian, Patrick Massey speaks on transforming social media data into actionable business intelligence at Social Media World Forum, London 2011. (http://www.socialmedia-forum.com/europe/)
1. Transforming SocialMedia Data intoActionable BusinessIntelligenceSocial Media World ForumOlympia, London 2011Patrick MasseySenior Director – Strategy & Insight
2. I have grown up mostly digital.
3. I have used research for 20 years
4. Strategy & Insight Social Media content Social Media monitoring tools Community and co-creation
5. We all know social is big.
6. What’s the ROI of social media? “At its broadest sense the right notion. But it’s the wrong question. You may as well as what’s the ROI of putting your underpants on every day” Scott Monty, Ford
7. Image representing change But how brands think about data insight is changing
8. Standing the test of time “Whether delivering information, opinions, perspectives, dissenting arguments or humorous asides, the human voice is typically open, natural, uncontrived”
9. Gartner: Digital Marketing: The Critical Trek forMultichannel Campaign Management; Feb 2011 FROM TO Outbound comms Engagement Information Conversation Interruption Interaction Annoyance Entertainment Advertising Content Targeting Collaboration
10. The questions we are asked How should we blog? 2008 / 2009 – The Should we use “What?” What can Twitter? we learn from social media?
11. Using social media conversations forbusiness insight
12. Data analysis as a cultural phenomenon
13. Data analysis as a cultural phenomenon
14. Data analysis as a cultural phenomenon
15. Analysis examples
16. DELETED IN CONFIDENCE
17. …to see if people are talking about your brand at allThis kind of analysis allows you … ..to see the impact of new products & services …to see where people are talking about you …to understand what is annoying people so much they need to share it with others …to know what they love about you …to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns …to optimise your SEO … to identify those people who are influencing others (good or bad) … to see what ideas they come up with
18. Successful analysis
19. 1: Involve other parts of your organisation7 steps to using social media for business insight1. Involve others parts of your organisation2. Get hold of a decent SM monitoring tool3. Start simply. Focus on what they are saying about your brand4. Identify your influencers are ensure they are part of your social media strategy5. Only then, look at what people are saying about competitors6. Only then, look at what people are saying in your industry7. Track, report and refine; keep outputs rich, linked to other data, interesting and relevant
20. 2: Get hold of the right SMmonitoring tool
21. 3: Start simply. Focus on what theyare saying about your brand
22. 4: Identify your influencers. Ensure theyare part of your social media strategy fromDay 1
23. 5: Only then look at what people aresaying about your competitors
24. 6: Only then look at what people aresaying in your industry
25. 7: Track, report and refine; keep outputs rich,interesting and relevant
26. There will be further challenges Let the business drive the analysis not the technology Be prepared for unwieldy data sets Devote sufficient resources to the analysis Link social data to other sources e.g. media plans Be prepared to use other methods
27. A final message
28. Social is just one lens through which tomeasure, analyse, understand & act
29. Thank youPatrick MasseySenior Director – Strategy & Insightpatrick.email@example.comLondon, 2011