1. TOP 10
Common Blog-Killing Mistakes That
Bloggers All Over the Internet Make
2. MISTAKE #1:
3. - Blogging is all about building a loyal
base of followers that want and
expect to hear from you.
- Build of supportive audience, you
absolutely need to blog regularly.
- Regularly simply means you post on
a set schedule that you don’t
- Don’t start off trying to blog every
day, or you’ll most likely burn
- Regularity is more important than
4. MISTAKE #2:
5. - You’re not flowing naturally when you
write for search engines, even if your
content is good.
- Write for people, not search engines.
6. MISTAKE #3:
NOT CAREFULLY ANALYZING YOUR
7. Your analytics data can tell you a
lot about your audience.
9. MISTAKE #4:
NOT HAVING RESERVE
10. When you just don’t have the time to write new content…
- If you don’t have backup posts for these times, then you’re
going to be late on posts or miss posts completely.
- Having a backup plan can also help you relax around your
11. MISTAKE #5:
DOING YOUR OWN DESIGN
OR USING TEMPLATES
12. - NEED a design that truly reflects your core brand.
- IF YOUR BLOG looks unprofessional, you may not keep
your audience’s attention.
13. MISTAKE #6:
NOT MODERATING COMMENTS
14. - First, not moderating comments at all is a mistake.
- The second mistake is taking too long to moderate
- SO moderate comments, but make sure you do so in
an efficient and timely manner.
15. MISTAKE #7:
16. - You must respond to your comments.
- People respect bloggers who take the
time to respond to comments.
- Get in the habit of responding to every
single comment on your site.
17. MISTAKE #8:
IGNORING SOCIAL MEDIA
18. - Today, the internet is intimately tied
to Twitter, Facebook and other social
- If you’re not on social media, you’re
missing out on links, traffic and reader
19. MISTAKE #9:
NOT USING MULTIMEDIA
20. Don’t just use text media. Use
multiple kinds of media to really
engage your user base.
21. MISTAKE #10:
NOT BUILDING A
22. - Successful bloggers are
meticulous about collecting email.
- Having someone’s email allows
you to get them to come back to
your website over and over and
23. THESE ARE THE TEN MOST COMMON
MISTAKES THAT BLOGGERS MAKE
AVOID THESE MISTAKES LIKE THE PLAGUE.