Social Media And How
We Got There
Tips and things to think about before during
and after you start.
The Cost Of Social Media
• Is Social Media Free?
• Think first before you jump in.
– Get a strategy in place.
• Who are you marketing to and where are they
• Audit existing Social Media
• Do you need to outsource
• Do you have to build related media e.g. web sites
• Consider your time – To Outsource or Not to Outsource
Which one it the best
• Grow – Let it build first
– Build content and users
– Build excitement
• Link – Now get the word out
– Always link back to your web site – this goes for eBlast too!
– Look for link sharing with other businesses.
– Cross link all of your Social Media (create a full circle)
• Test – Do research
– Search Google
– Ask friends
– Speak to your demographic
– Start simple and take baby steps
Other ways to get the word
• Google AdWords
– For Non-profits it’s free
– For business it’s still a great deal
– Do short videos 2-4 minutes
– You don’t need videos to create a video
– Photostory – MovieMaker
– Say it with words
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.