Transcript of "Social Media and the Newark Museum"
Social Media And How
We Got There
Tips and things to think about before during
and after you start.
The Cost Of Social Media
• Is Social Media Free?
• Think first before you jump in.
– Get a strategy in place.
• Who are you marketing to and where are they
• Audit existing Social Media
• Do you need to outsource
• Do you have to build related media e.g. web sites
• Consider your time – To Outsource or Not to Outsource
Which one it the best
• Grow – Let it build first
– Build content and users
– Build excitement
• Link – Now get the word out
– Always link back to your web site – this goes for eBlast too!
– Look for link sharing with other businesses.
– Cross link all of your Social Media (create a full circle)
• Test – Do research
– Search Google
– Ask friends
– Speak to your demographic
– Start simple and take baby steps
Other ways to get the word
• Google AdWords
– For Non-profits it’s free
– For business it’s still a great deal
– Do short videos 2-4 minutes
– You don’t need videos to create a video
– Photostory – MovieMaker
– Say it with words
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.