1. Sites Engaging Branding | Top Technology | Easy Manageability > Sites that perform & convert visitors to customers Holistic Web Marketing | Organic + Paid + QOV Metrics > Continually-managed, for traffic and conversion Connect | Convey | Converse With Audiences > Active dialog that creates a bond and advocacy
2. The Perfect StormThe Rise of SEO & Social Media
5. From which marketing programs are you shifting budget away and moving it to your search marketing and/or social media programs 53% 29% 22% 21% 20% 18% 16% 15% 14% 12%Source: Econsultancy Digital Marketers United, State of Search Marketing Report 2011
6. When researching branded products online prior to purchase, where would you begin? Search Engine 57% Brand Site 20% Online Retailer 18% Ask Facebook 3% Ask Twitter 2%Source: Etailing/PowerReviews Social Shopping Survey 2.0, March 2010
7. Most effective online marketing tactics for generating conversations according to US senior-level marketing executives, February-March 2009 SEO 53% Email & Newsletter 39% Pay-per-click/search 32% Behavioral Targeting 27% Site Sponsorship 14% Viral Marketing 12% Ad Networks 10%Forbes, 2009 Ad effectiveness Survey, June 1, 2009
8. Social + SEOAn ideal marketing marriage
9. Silo Marketing Is Dead
10. Stop working your tactics against each other
11. Use them to help each other
12. The Basicsof Search
13. Don’t obsess over every detail
14. Instead,understand the basics...
16. Quality content
18. Where to get started?
19. Keywords:adwords.google.com (free) or spyfu.com (not free)
20. Develop a content strategy
21. Link Review:siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com
22. Use SEO as your foundation
23. Source: Rand Fishkin for SEO Moz
24. So, where does social media come in?
25. How can social media & SEO support each other?
26. Fresh Content
27. Quality Links
29. Site Traffic Spikes Over 8,000 inbound links!1st Page Ranking for “blender” Social pages rank for brand search
30. Source: Adam Singer – www.thefuturebuzz.com
31. 3 Ways toOptimize Your Social Media
32. Optimized Blogs1. Keyword Integration Post title Categories Body copy Anchor text links URLs Image, video and alt text Title tags2. Post great content regularly3. Link the recent posts to your homepage4. Consider the “long tail”
33. Use blogging tools like Innoblogs tohelp you and your team create searchengine friendly content
34. Optimized URLs1. Secure vanity URLs on all profiles2. Link your profiles to your website3. Use keywords in your URL that you post (Lose the “http://t.co/6H47Seh” when possible) Now go Google “candleistric”
35. Optimized Profiles and Updates1. Use keywords in all titles (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, etc.)2. Use keywords in “About” area across all social profiles
36. 5. Data Last Thing
37. Write quality content. Without it, all these tips are a waste.