1. Keeping Up With Facebook! Amy Schmittastic, @schmittastic Adam Schweigert, @aschweig #smccolumbus
2. Amy Schmittauer Founder & Face, Savvy Sexy Social @Schmittastic
3. Adam Schweigert Strategist, Mindset Digital @aschweig
8. “ Brands can express what makes them unique and build an emotional connection with fans through behind-the-scenes photos, blooper videos, real-time mobile pictures, sound clips and exclusive news.” – Zeny Huang (Mashable Contributor)
11. 77% of consumers interact with Brands by reading posts in their News feeds Constant Contact/Chadwick Martin Bailey, Sept 2011
13. 73% Learn about new products 71% Receive general information ExactTarget, Sept 2011 (why we think they like us)
14. 61% Receive discounts 55% Make purchases ExactTarget, Sept 2011 (why they really like us)
15. 9.8 (number of pages a typical Facebook user “likes”) ExactTarget, Sept 2011
16. ExactTarget, Sept 2011
17. 44% Posted too frequently 43% Too many marketing posts 38% Content repetitive or boring ExactTarget, Feb 2011 (why they fall out of like)
19. Traffic peaks at 3pm on weekdays. Engagement is highest on evenings and weekends. (timing matters, more than ever)
21. Good News!
22. 53% of Facebook users say they are more likely to purchase after “liking” a brand. eMarketer, July 2011
23. Joe “Likes” Starbucks Joe “Checked In” at Starbucks Old Facebook
24. Joe ordered a half-skim, half-soy pumpkin spice latte at the Starbucks on West Broad Street and rated it amazing. New Facebook (wouldn’t you like to pre-order one to pick up at your nearest neighborhood Starbucks location?)
26. <ul><li>Liked the page </li></ul><ul><li>Posted on the page’s wall </li></ul><ul><li>Liked, commented on or shared a post, photo or video from the page </li></ul><ul><li>Answered a question posted by the page </li></ul><ul><li>RSVPed for an event created by the page </li></ul><ul><li>Mentioned the page in a post </li></ul><ul><li>Tagged the page in one of their photos </li></ul><ul><li>Checked in to the page’s location </li></ul>Talking About = # of people who: in the last 7 days.
28. Adam Schweigert [email_address] @aschweig Thanks!