By: Dr. Papias Musafiri MALIMBAVice-Rector Academics, SFB and Chairperson“Twinning Arrangement to Develop capacity in Procurement for Rwanda” between ITC/ILO & SFB.
Itwill be a Joint program between the University of Turin in Italy and the School of Finance and Banking. To be a jointly offered program means that the degree will bear the seals and signatures of the Rectors of both Turin University and SFB. The program will be offered at SFB with a minimum participation of 20% in the course by Turin University.
Who is it for?This course is aimed at:Public & private procurement professionals,Procurement and financial auditors,Project managers and middle level managers,Procurement personnel from both public and private sector,investment and technical cooperation projectsRecent university graduates, and other professionals involvedin the development and implementation of nationalprocurement programmes.The programme is also addressing participants from theregion and the Africa continent. February 28th, 2012 3
1. Distance Learning (DL) over the Internet Distance Learning Period: Estimated study hours for this Tutor-assisted distance learning period: 160 hours distributed over 9 weeks Provide learners with an understanding of the following topics:f. DL Module 1: Introduction to the legal framework for public procurementg. DL Module 2: Introduction to procurement managementh. DL Module 3: Introduction to economics for procurement management Feb 28th , 2012 4
2. Face to Face Learning at the SFB Campus in Kigali Face to Face Learning Period is estimated to 22 calendar weeks Classes: from Monday to Friday – from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Classroom attendance is compulsory. The participants will be requested to sign the attendance sheet every morning. The days of absence should not exceed 10% of the total duration of the face to face component. Feb 28th , 2012 5
2. Face to Face Learning at the SFB CampusCourse Opening and IntroductionModule 1: Legal Framework for PP (Regional, International, and Donors guidelines)Module 2: Institutional Set-up for PP and Link to Public Expenditure ManagementModule 3: Economics of Procurement ManagementModule 4: Applied EconomicsModule 5: WB Procurement GuidelinesModule 6: Rwanda Legal Framework (Law of 2007 and Regulations) Feb 28th , 2012 6
2. Face to Face Learning at the SFB Campus in Kigali Module 7: Procurement Management for Goods Module 8: Procurement Management for Works Module 9: Procurement Management for Consultants Module 10: Public Private Partnerships Module 11: Procurement for the Health Sector Module 12: Procurement of Physical and Intellectual Services Module 13: Procurement for the Defence Sector Feb 28th , 2012 7
2. Face to Face Learning at the SFB Campus Module 14: Advanced Contract Management Contract Module 15: Logistics Module 16: Sustainable PP (Social and Environmental Considerations in PP) Module 17: PRAG (Practical Guide to contract procedures for EU external actions) Module 18: Fraud& Corruption in Public Procurement Module 19: E- Procurement Module 20: Civil and Common Law of Contract and alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms Module 21: Final Dissertation Feb 28th , 2012 8
Preparation and Submission of Final Dissertation The Master’s participants are requested to prepare a final dissertation from home During the F2FL phase they will have to draft a preliminary proposal to be discussed with an evaluation panel. Feb 28th , 2012 9
The total number of training credits that participants are requested to collect for obtaining the “Master of Science Degree in Public Procurement Management for Sustainable Development” is: 60 credits Of which: 10 credits are allocated to the DL phase 40 credits are allocated to the F2F learning phase 10 credits are allocated to the Final Dissertation
8 Masters candidates are in phase 2 of the program at Turin University – Italy. Tripartite MoU in final stages Construction of modern class room in a good progress IT equipment to support the program already been procured
The courses will be delivered two times a year in 7 cohorts as follows;- Procurement Management for goods- Procurement Management for works- Procurement Management for consultancy services- Project Management and Procurement Planning- Advanced contract Management- Procurement Audit- Logistics and insurance arrangements in Procurement Operations