1. “How to get to the top of Google…and stay there!” Introduction to SEONext and our processes Presentation by Matthew Platt Head of SEO
2. Brief Introduction• SEO Next is a major international SEOoperation.• Head Office in Manchester ,• 150+ SEO staff based in our offices inIndia• Offices based in the focal IT & mediacentre of India, Gurgaon (near New Delhi)• Google, Microsoft, JWT all established inthe same area and many more…• 10,000’s of successful projects completed• 1000’s of clients globally
3. The Team Vaibhav Kakkar & Justin Blackhurst Research & Development Team UK SEO TEAM Co founder’s
4. What is a search engine? “A tool designed to search for information on the World Wide Web” “Operates algorithmically generated results” A Search engine is always trying to provide its searcher the most relevant result possible – to find this they look at over 300 variables
5. A few stats…Every day there are more than a billion searches on Google for information.Google data, September 201058% of purchase decisions begin on search enginesGroupM, February 201127% of people rarely or never look at more than one page of search engineresults.Verdict Research as cited by digitalstrategyconsulting.com, April 201128.5 million Brits make online purchases. This number is expected to increase to 32.5 million by2014Verdict Research as cited by eMarketer, September 2010Online shopping has grown by 25% to £4.4bn year on yearIMRG, June 2010Online sales accounts for 10% of retail in the UK .Digital Strategy Consulting, August 201129% of people think the placement of a brand on the search results page reflects the importance ofthe brandVerdict Research as cited by digitalstrategyconsulting.com, April 2011
6. How we get you to the top of the search enginesand keep you there!!•Keyword strategy – including long tail• Making sure the website we are working includes good relevant content!• The site layout is user friendly• Internal link structure on the site links to appropriate relevant pages• Good use of title, meta and H1 tags.• Blogging – content rich regular posts• Make your URL’s search engine compliant, examples;A) www.yourwebsite.co.uk/keyword_friendly.htmB) www.yourwebsite.co.uk/56738=+^-41235.aspYou can have these rewritten• Off site link building profile including• Directory submissions, article submissions, forum posting,• Sitemap – XML and HTML• Analytics – Conversion – Usability• Brand / Reputation Management – use of websites in good “neighbourhoods”!• Hard Work
7. SEO Next Workflow
8. A Typical Google Result Paid Ads: Paid advertising known as ppc displays adverts along the top and side of the page these are clearly distinguished so not to confuse the browser. Organic Results: Here Google displays its most relevant results, these results are determined by the questions Google asks each website over 300 in fact.
9. How do search engines view my website???? Search engines use robots to crawl your website with programs called spiders. The spiders take in all of the information on the pages to then be processed bythe robots. The spiders proceed through your site by following links this process is repeated until there are no more links to follow.
10. So…when the Google bot comes to your website, whatdoes it look at?
11. Off page optimisation Factors Search engines look at many different things off the site below is a small selection of these. These will be explained individually further on in the presentation.
12. Link Varieties – Below are example links we use on our campaigns• Directory submissions: Submitting your website to directories as a link building strategy hasalready been beaten with a stick hundreds of times, but it still remains a valid tactic that definitelyworks. Of course, thats if youre doing it the right way..• Article submissions spun: We write articles which will be manually spun, and then differentvariations of each article will be submitted to 100 article directories each (no screen shots)• Article Submission: Articles will be written with good relevant content and each submitted intorelevant category directories each (screen shots provided).• Links through Forum Promotions: Although it may seem like a very easy way to get more links,link building through forums can be very tricky. However, it can also be one of the most valuable interms of branding and the amount of targeted visitors. There are several ways of building linksthrough forums• Press release submission: we write online press releases, these are then submitted to PR sites, if youwant submission to paid PR sites like PR web, the money paid to them will be extra.• Top commentator: We will maintain your link as the top commentator link on good blogs, thisgives you site wide links.• Network blog distribution: We write spin articles, each will get distributed to around 75-150 sitesin a private network we share.
13. Link Varieties (cont.)• Do follow comments: We create ‘do follow’ comments in good quality blogs to get some in-contentlinks for your site• LQ links: Not the ones I like the most, but these links will be giving a decent link variation to yoursite.• New directories: This will include submission to all the new directories which come out every month,these have a very high acceptance rate and around 150-200 directories are released every month.• Ezine: Ezine articles is one of the most authoritative site. We write good quality articles,specifically for submission to ezine articles, each article will have 1-2 links to your site.• Associated Content: AC is also one of the most authoritative parasite sites. We will create a miniversion of your site to link back from.• Blog marketing: We will create unique posts for the blog every week and all the posts will besubmitted to social media sites to get them indexed. All the blog posts will link to the main andinternal pages of the main site.
14. Content & keyword anchor text Good Example Bad ExampleSEO Next™ – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) SEO Next™ – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)Company & Website Optimization Services. Company & Website Optimization Services.SEO. Search Engine Optimisation. It’s one of the fastest- SEO. Search Engine Optimisation. It’s one of thegrowing fields in today’s business world. Like any area fastest-growing fields in today’s business world. Likeof business, many specialist search engine optimization any area of business, many specialist search enginecompanies have emerged to help you build your profile optimization companies have emerged to help youand exposure online. build your profile and exposure online.But, did you know that many of the But, did you know that many of theleading SEO agencies throughout the UK, USA and leading SEO agencies throughout the UK, USA andAustralia regularly outsource up to 100% of their work to Australia regularly outsource up to 100% of their workour team of search marketing experts? Now you do, and to our team of search marketing experts? Now you do,now we’re pleased to introduce our own SEO brand: and now we’re pleased to introduce our own SEOSEONext.co.uk. brand: SEONext.co.uk.Drawing on the experience and expertise of over five years, Drawing on the experience and expertise of over fiveworking alongside the world’s biggest search engine years, working alongside the world’s biggest searchoptimisation (or, if you’re in the USA, optimization) engine optimisation (or, if you’re in the USA,companies, SEO Next™ is your one-stop, go-to option for optimization) companies, SEO Next™ is your one-stop,all of your SEO services. If you’ve previously used go-to option for all of your SEO services. If you’vea search engine optimisation company, there’s a good previously used a search enginechance that it’s been our team working behind the scenes optimisation company, there’s a good chance that it’sto bring your SEO plans to fruition. And the results been our team working behind the scenes to bring yourspeak for themselves – take a look at our SEO case study SEO plans to fruition. And the results speak forpage and our testimonials for proof. themselves – take a look at our SEO case study page and our testimonials for proof.
15. Business Directories 1000-2000 New directories go live every month our R&D team source them ...Directories are a powerful tool to start building your link profile, although by no means the strongest type of link they create a good foundation and last for a long time. Directory homepage Individual business listing We try and match the category that best suits your business but as we don’t own the directories sometimes the site admin change these. This is why we provide you with screenshots and links to the directories.
16. Article Directories There are thousands upon thousands of article directories on the web, many are industry specific but the majority remain general. We source the best sites for the industry we are working with. We have an articles written by one of our in house copyrighters and then they are submitted to the sites.Once the articles has been submitted to thearticle site it is then manually reviewed. Thereview progress looks for key elements, is thearticle salesy, spammy or un relevant to itstitle or submission category. Once the articlehas been approved it will then go live on thesite. Sometimes this takes up to 3 weeks.
17. Forum posts Forums are a great way of us connecting a business to its demographic, not only do we get involved in relevant industry specific forums we also gain a link back on every comment we make.As we don’t own any of the forums we post on, from time to time wholethreads are deleted, we build large amounts of these links to counteract thedrop offs. these forum links possess good strength as the whole forum is filledwith good fresh unique content.
18. Top commentator links!Top commentator links are a great value link. by getting involved with blogging sites in the specific industry, and by commentating and adding content to these blogs on a regular basis we a rewarded with a site wide link. Occasionally we let these links drop of for a month and then rebuild them a month or so later. We do this so that Google see’s that the sites involvement was not a one off or spammy. This creates a stronger trust rating for the link juice.
19. Parasite Creation
20. Multi Lingual SEO
21. Great “FREE” online resources• Google webmaster tools• http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/• SEO Blog• http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/• Detecting inbound links to your site• http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/• Google keyword tool• Find out search volumes and good keywords to target• https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/KeywordToolExternal• Iweb Tool• http://www.iwebtool.com/
22. Thank you! Any Questions?? Contact me Matthew Platt Head of SEO 07966006144 0161 366 2417Matthew@seonext.co.uk