View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Sixth Grade Course Selection
To aid in the registration process each
student will receive:
Educational Planning Guide (EPG)
Course Registration Card
• Health/Fitness or Leadership Development
Course Registration Card
• Select level of coursework
• Choose Math 6th Grade or Math 6th Grade
• Choose one of the required Health Fitness
• Rank elective courses in order of
REQUIRED FOR ALL SIXTH GRADE STUDENTS
• ___ Girls Health/Fitness
• ___ Boys Health/Fitness
• ___ Leadership Dev. Corp (LDC)
• To maintain compliance with the Texas Education Code (19
TAC Chapter 74) and provide training opportunities for
Olympic quality athletes, Clear Creek ISD offers students a
waiver process for Off-Campus PE Programs. The belief
behind this waiver program is to provide the opportunity to
protect the academic success of an elite Olympic caliber
athlete and to avoid possible injury in the regular PE class
that may compromise his/her continued participation in their
• Students interested in participating in alternate PE
programs must apply each year for a PE waiver
• PE Waiver applications are available online and due to the
district office by April 25th 2014.
Schedule Change Requests
After the first 10 school days, schedule change requests
will only be considered for the following reasons:
– Student has already taken and passed the course.
– Student does not have the pre-requisite(s) for the
– Student has been dismissed from a program where
approval must be granted for placement.
– Student does not have a full schedule.
– Data entry error (class listed twice, free period,
etc.) has occurred.
Course level changes will be considered at the end of the first
six weeks and at the end of the first nine weeks of each course.
Level changes for full year courses are considered during the
fall semester only. To be considered for a lower level class:
– Parent Conference is required
– Student must have attended tutorials
– Completed homework assignments
If these conditions are met, and the student is earning less
than a grade of 75, that student will be considered for a
change. Final approval will depend upon space availability in the
Parent and Student
• I would like my child to be placed in a PreAP classes and/or
• I have read and understand the Pre-Advanced Placement
Program Design (found on page 3 of the Intermediate
Planning Guide given to the students with their course
selection information) and/or
• I have read and understand the Schedule Change and
Course Level Change Procedures and/or
• I understand that requesting to change one
OMEGA/PreAP/GT course is equivalent to requesting the
remaining program courses also be changed and/or
• I understand that my student may be placed in a skills
building class if the performance level on STAAR is not
Verification of Classes
• Verification of Classes will be sent to your current
elementary school the week of March 24th.
• Please check over the courses you have selected, make
any corrections if needed, and sign the verification sheet.
This is your last opportunity to make changes to the
courses your child will take in 6th grade.
• Schedules will be created to match requests as much as
• Courses selected and verified become binding May 2nd.
Due Date for Registration
Completed course registration forms are due to
your current 5th grade teacher by
Friday, February 14th .
Students who do not turn in a card will have their
courses selected by a counselor.
Space Center Intermediate
We are so glad you are coming to SCIS!
This presentation will be available on our Twitter site: