Six Sigma give companies a concrete
method and an arsenal of tools to help
manage their information systems.
This method does not replace ITIL,
they are complementary.
ITIL vs. Six Sigma
๏ ITIL provides the « what » of service management has
to be done
- It provide a library of best practices and a framework for IT service
๏ Six Sigma defines « how » to achieve quality
- It ensures the service improvement program on critical business areas
- Provides a measurement system of valuable metrics
๏ Organisations that fail to predict WHICH Processes produce
defects and WHY they produce defects will experience high
rework, followed by drops in customer satisfaction and
Automation and quality
๏ Bill Gates, Hammer & Champy, Shapiro and many others have
commented that “automation applied to an efficient operation
will magnify the efficiency.”
๏ A corollary is that “automation applied to an inefficient operation
will magnify the inefficiency.”
As Is Problem
In Q1FY06, for … Silver Sales, only 1 customer is quoted out of every 2 ACD calls
answered which resulted in poor sales productivity & customer experience.
Increase quoting outputs from ACD calls answered by 10% within Q3FY06 for … DHS
Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Time bound
Data available in D3.
Q1FY06 baseline = 50%
Yes. Still room for
Key to drive marcom
campaign, VOC and
Within Q3 FY06
Why Selected • Contribute to Sales Productivity by enabling an earlier drive in Sales Rep activity.
• Add value to Marketing by feeding the email database.
• Enhance Customer Experience by getting more feedback from consumers
regardless of their conversion status. This mitigates the risk of ESurvey VOCs giving
false impressions in relation to the “happy few customers” syndrome.
Scope Is : Scope Is Not :
France Market Not other countries
Silver Consumers Bronze, Gold and Enterprises
Sales Rep Operations, Manufacturing and Services
System queues (classic) Outbound teams
Off line On line (internet)
Effective metrics are simple and understandable
๏ Organisations improve their processes leveraging:
- Efficient quality systems
- Business Process Reengineering
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Efficient information and communication systems
Spreading the 6 sigma
culture within the entreprise