WIKIS IN ORGANIZATION
MANI KIRAN KATRAGADDA
VENKATA SATISH ANNE
KAPIL REDDY GIRI
SALFORD ROCKERS 1
WHAT I KNOW IS
• A wiki is an online tool that allows users to
update and publish content collaboratively
in a centralised location where information
can be shared.
• A wiki is a collection of web pages
designed to enable anyone who access it
to contribute or modify content using a
SALFORD ROCKERS 2
ORIGIN OF WIKI
• Wiki was first created by Ward
Cunningham, in 1994 named as “WIKI
WIKIWEB” and was first installed on
March25 1995, In Honolulu International
• There are different types of wikis:
Public Wiki ....etc
SALFORD ROCKERS 3
• Powerful yet flexible collaborative
• Availability and accessibility from any
where via web.
• Used as Intranet, affordable and easier to
edit and setup.
SALFORD ROCKERS 4
• Knowledge Updates.
• Explore New thoughts.
• Mutual sharing of views.
• Centralised Database access.
SALFORD ROCKERS 5
MERITS OF WIKI
• User friendly interface.
• A repository in which all the data is
accommodated and accumulated.
• Ease of navigation to other web pages
• Easy creation of new pages
SALFORD ROCKERS 6
DEMERITS OF WIKI
• Security threat & Unstructured
• Lack of Integration & Co-ordination
• Can be a challenge for users to learn
• Quality and Filteration.
SALFORD ROCKERS 7
ORGANIZATIONS USING WIKIS
• Base2services – Australia
• Digital District – Germany
• Delta – R – Spain
• Dell – India etc...
SALFORD ROCKERS 8
• Data can be stored in centralised
repository in various formats.
• Scripts are written in different languages
like XML,HTML,DHTML etc..
SALFORD ROCKERS 9
• Wiki is enhancing the organization’s
potential to the maximum extent.
• Wide range of communication within the
organization using wikis.
• Wiki is a prerequisite for an organization.
SALFORD ROCKERS 10