1. Graph inequality like a linear equation.
2. Line becomes boundary line.
if > (greater than) boundary line is dashed
because values are not
if < (less than) part of solution
if (greater than or equal to) boundary line is
solid because values
if (less than or equal to) are part of solution
3. Test a point on each side of the boundary line to determine
the solution area.
4. Shade in the region that represents the solution.
System of linear inequalities:
Two types of systems.
1. Intersection of the inequalities ( and )
The solution to the system is where the solutions for
each individual inequality overlap
2. Union of the inequalities ( or )
The solution to the system could be anywhere
within either solution set of each inequality....
combine their solution sets