Contents 1. What is Kinesio Taping? 2. History of Kinesio Taping 3. Definition of Kinesio Tape 4. Comparison between conventional athletic tapes and Kinesio Tape 5. Mechanisms 6. Functions and Uses 7. CareTEX Tape vs. other Brands 8. the Illustrated Guide to Taping Therapy for Musculoskeletal Pain 9. Seminars 10. Goals
1. What is Kinesio Taping ? Kinesio Taping is a technique based on the body's own natural healing process. This Kinesio Taping exhibits its efficacy through the activation of neurological and circulatory systems. This method basically stems from the science of Kinesiology, hence the name "Kinesio". Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body but also control the circulation of venous and lymph flows, body temperature, etc. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms.
1. What is Kinesio Taping ? (con’t) CareTEX Tape is applied along muscles, ligaments, and tendons (soft tissue) to provide a lightweight, strong, external support that helps to prevent injury and speed recovery. By applying CareTEX Tape over affected tissue, patients experience an external support which helps to prevent further injury and allows the body’s damaged tissue to rest and heal naturally despite continued activity. CareTEX Tape also reduces inflammation and increases circulation which prevents muscle cramping and lactic acid buildup.
2. History of Kinesio Taping - The concept of Kinesio taping was initiated in 1973 by Dr. Kase Kenzo D.C. - He Believed muscles and other tissues could be treated by outside assistance.
2. History of Kinesio Taping (con’t) - In the beginning, Dr. Kase Kenzo applied conventional non-stretched athletic tape to patient in order to correct misalignment of the joint & abnormal over-contraction of a muscle. - However, the tape was too rigid; also it increased the pain & oedema due to restricted movements of body fluids. - Dr. Kase Kenzo, therefore, developed stretchable, non-irritant tape to encourage the movements of body fluids to the injured area.
3. Definition of Kinesio Tape - Made from a100% high grade cotton designed to provide durability and increased strength - patented design that enhances comfort and channels out air, sweat, and water to enhance skin breathing. - Elasticity of up to 130-140% of resting length but stretches along longitudinal axis only, giving non-restricted support that allows muscles to perform a full range of motion, easily and comfortably- Thickness and weight approx. same as skin, therefore skin does not perceive tape- No medicinal properties and Latex free- Able to be worn for several days with minimal irritation, itchiness, redness, or allergies
3. Definition of Kinesio Tape (Con’t) - No side effects- Fast effectiveness- Non-invasive treatment- Easy to apply- Can apply to everybody - Can be applied for a longer period of time (application generally lasts 3-4 days)
4. Comparison between conventional athletic tapes and Kinesio Tape Conventional Athletic Tapes CareTEX Tape breathability and release of moisture to restrict movement and support injured area; applying significant pressure, resulting in the obstruction of the flow of bodily fluids to allow movement and support injured area; allowing the body's muscular system to heal itself bio-mechanically. to protect further damage to protect further damage & facilitate healing wearable for hours wearable for days
5. Mechanisms If you stretch the skin of the affected area before application of the tape, the taped skin will form wrinkles when the skin & muscles are back to its normal neutral position. Wrinkling or lifting of the skin increases the space between the skin & muscles (approx.10 microns). Therefore, - the lymphatic fluid between the skin & muscles moves more effectively; less friction between the tissues beneath the skin. - pressure on the pain receptor is lessened; pain is reduced.
5. Mechanisms (con’t) Before the application of CareTEX Tape
5. Mechanisms (con’t) After the application of CareTEX Tape
6. Functions and Uses 1) Normalize Muscle Function - Improves muscle contraction of a weakened muscle - Reduces muscle fatigue- Reduces over-extension and over-contraction of muscle- Normalizes muscle tone and abnormality of fascia involved - Relieves pain
6. Functions and Uses (con’t) 2) Improvement of Lymphatic & Blood flow - Improves blood and lymphatic circulation- Encourage lymphatic drainage directly under skin- Reduces excess heat and chemical substances in tissues- Reduces inflammation- Reduces abnormal feeling and pain in skin and muscle
6. Functions and Uses (con’t) 3) Pain reduction & Management - Sensory stimuli to mechanical receptors- Reduces inflammation - Decreases pressure on chemical receptors- Possibly activates spinal inhibitory system- Reduces pain based on Gate Control Theory
4) Correction of the Misalignment of Joints (subluxation) - Adjusts misalignment caused by spasm and shortened muscle - Improves range of motion - Corrects muscle imbalance 6. Functions and Uses (con’t)
7. CareTEX Tape vs. other Brands - Upgraded with application of Nano-Technology - Far-Infra Red release & Anion release.- Much better adhesiveness, water resistant & air permeability, increasing the therapeutic effect and wearability; therefore, encouraging better healing processes biomechanically.
8. the Illustrated Guide to Taping Therapy For Musculoskeletal Pain - Written By a anesthesiologist and two chiropractors from CareTEC Korea. - Initially published in Korea in 2010 - Translated in English in 2011 - Introduces the Kinesio Taping methods according to each muscle and various pathologies. - Introduces the Multi-Myofascial Taping methods. Only Exclusively to this book.
9. Seminars 1. Introduction to Kinesio Taping - To maximize the effect of Kinesio Taping, all the practitioners are recommended to take the 16 hour seminar over a weekend. This will provide the basic principles and fundamentals for Kinesio Taping. Treatments to the pathologies of trunk, head, and extremities will be introduced 2. Advanced in Kinesio Taping - This seminar (8 hours) is for the practitioners, who are desired to learn further or who wants to apply Kinesio Taping to correct muscle imbalance and postural problems. - Please visit us online for the further notice or even urge us to organize one for you.
- Our ultimate goals are not to sell the products. We do not just stop there but expand to provide the best treatments to every patient and athlete that need your help. - As health care practitioners, treating the patients with the best therapeutic modalities is our duty. - The Kinesio Taping as an excellent therapeutic modality is extremely effective. This gives the patients the strong motives to come back because they love the feeling that they are still getting treatments outside of your clinic. - Therefore, it attracts more patients to your clinic, helping to grow your practice. 10. Goals
10. Goals (con’t) I Can Help You to Achieve those Goals. I will be looking forward to building a very strong relationship with you in the future. Thank You Ryan S. Song +1 780 709 1323 [email_address]