0
Attitude<br />Attitude<br />
Group -1<br />
What is an attitude?<br /><ul><li> Expressions of inner feelings that reflect whether a person is favorably or unfavorably...
in marketing, “object” can be a brand, a brand name, a service, a service provider, a retail store, a  company, an adverti...
The way we see things…<br />
Why, From a Marketer’s point of view, is it important to know about Attitudes?<br />     If a consumer is favorably dispos...
Otherimportant reasons are… <br />     Important role in explaining and predictingbehavior<br />towardproducts and service...
Components of Attitude:<br /><ul><li>Affective = feelings about the attitude object.
Behavioural = predisposition to act towards the attitude object in a certain way.
 Cognitive = beliefs about the attitude object.
 Any given attitude may be based in lesser or greater amounts on any of these components</li></li></ul><li>Self -identityf...
Iceberg:<br />What comes to your mind when you see this picture?<br />
THE ICEBERG<br />Iceberg:<br />Only 10 % of any iceberg is visible. the remaining 90% is below sea level<br />BEHAVIOR<br ...
Development of Attitudes<br />Attitudes are learned predispositions; therefore, their development is influenced by<br /><u...
Family
Experience
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

attitude

1,672

Published on

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
5 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
1,672
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
161
Comments
0
Likes
5
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Transcript of "attitude"

  1. 1. Attitude<br />Attitude<br />
  2. 2. Group -1<br />
  3. 3. What is an attitude?<br /><ul><li> Expressions of inner feelings that reflect whether a person is favorably or unfavorably predisposed to some object;
  4. 4. in marketing, “object” can be a brand, a brand name, a service, a service provider, a retail store, a company, an advertisement, in essence, any marketing stimuli.</li></li></ul><li>Forms of Attitude:<br />
  5. 5. The way we see things…<br />
  6. 6. Why, From a Marketer’s point of view, is it important to know about Attitudes?<br /> If a consumer is favorably disposed towards your product or service then you want to keep them so disposed<br /> If they are unfavorably disposed then you want to change their attitude.<br />
  7. 7. Otherimportant reasons are… <br /> Important role in explaining and predictingbehavior<br />towardproducts and services. Attitudes are closely<br />related to behavioral intention.<br /> Attitude toward a productmayalso help to evaluate<br />responsiveness to communication from the company. <br />
  8. 8. Components of Attitude:<br /><ul><li>Affective = feelings about the attitude object.
  9. 9. Behavioural = predisposition to act towards the attitude object in a certain way.
  10. 10. Cognitive = beliefs about the attitude object.
  11. 11. Any given attitude may be based in lesser or greater amounts on any of these components</li></li></ul><li>Self -identityfunctuon: Expression of are central values and beliefswhichgives us a unique identity.<br />Impression Motivation Function: to make a good impression on others and express « the right views »<br />Ego-defensivefunction: strengthen self aspects.<br />Knowledgefunction: fullfillneed for order, structure or meaning<br />Functions of Attitudes (Katz)<br />
  12. 12. Iceberg:<br />What comes to your mind when you see this picture?<br />
  13. 13. THE ICEBERG<br />Iceberg:<br />Only 10 % of any iceberg is visible. the remaining 90% is below sea level<br />BEHAVIOR<br />KNOWN <br />TO OTHERS<br />SEA LEVEL<br />UNKNOWN <br />TO OTHERS<br />IMPACT<br />ATTITUDE<br />
  14. 14. Development of Attitudes<br />Attitudes are learned predispositions; therefore, their development is influenced by<br /><ul><li>Personality of the individual
  15. 15. Family
  16. 16. Experience
  17. 17. Education
  18. 18. Culture
  19. 19. Subculture, nationality</li></li></ul><li>4 Important processes influencing Attitude Formation<br />
  20. 20. Attitudes Vary Along a Number of Dimensions<br />THE LINGO<br />SAY WHAT??<br /><ul><li>Favorability
  21. 21. Accessibility
  22. 22. Strength/confidence
  23. 23. Persistence
  24. 24. Resistance to attack</li></ul>“I like it a lot.”<br />“I can remember my attitude toward it.”<br />“I’m sure I like it.”<br />“I’ve liked it for a long time and will continue to like it”<br />“I’ll like it no matter what anyone says about it.”<br />
  25. 25. THE CAN DOATTITUDE:<br /><ul><li>You CAN DOeverything, but</li></ul> not at once.<br /><ul><li>You CAN DOeverything, if it’s important enough for you to do.
  26. 26. You CAN DOeverything, but you may not be the best at everything.
  27. 27. You CAN DOeverything, but there will be limitations.
  28. 28. You CAN DOeverything, but you’ll need help.</li></li></ul><li>THANKS<br />
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×