2. Word of the hour…• Changing technology,• Increasing globalization,• Continuing cost containment,• Increasing speed in market change,• Growing importance of knowledge capital,• Increasing rate and magnitude of change.Change
3. Why OD Important?Changes arehappening.They are happeningat a quicker rate.And it’s going to beeven more faster inthe coming years.Confusion is all overOrganizationdevelopment (OD) isa planned,organization-wideeffort to increase anorganizationseffectiveness andviability.
4. Change, Change Management,Change client, etc.The act or instance of making or becomingdifferent.Change management means the process of helping aperson, group, or organization change.A person who facilitates change through interventionsin groups and organizations.
5. System ThinkingSystem is a series of interdependent componentsSystems thinking is important to OD for thesimple reason, any change in any part of asystem changes other parts of a system.
6. Philosophical Foundation/ OriginLaboratory TrainingSurvey Research and FeedbackTavistock Sociotechnical