Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 - Silverlight project templates for VS. Expression Blend - Expression Blend is a tool for designers (and developers) to create graphics, design animations, and produce experiences. Expression Blend uses XAML and the same project system as Visual Studio. This allows designers and developers to share the same files and collaborate. Silverlight 3 SDK - The Silverlight 3 SDK includes several components to help you create Silverlight-based applications. The Silverlight SDK is included in the Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 installation or you can install it separately. Silverlight Toolkit - This Toolkit is a Microsoft project containing Silverlight controls, components and utilities that can be downloaded and used in your Silverlight applications. It includes full source code, samples and tests. .NET RIA Services - Microsoft .NET RIA Services simplifies the traditional n-tier application pattern by bringing together the ASP.NET and Silverlight platforms. The RIA Services provides a pattern to write application logic that runs on the mid-tier and controls access to data for queries, changes and custom operations. Deep Zoom Composer - Deep Zoom Composer is a tool to prepare high-resolution images for use with the Deep Zoom feature. The new Deep Zoom technology in Silverlight allows users to perform smooth in-place zooming and panning. The Deep Zoom Composer allows the user to create Deep Zoom composition files that control the zooming experience and then export all the necessary files for deployment with Silverlight. Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK - The Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK enables developers to use dynamic languages running on the Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) to build Silverlight applications. The DLR enables dynamic languages to interoperate with .NET's rich libraries and with each other.
Only quota increases are allowed, you must call this method from a user-initiated event GetUserStoreForSite(); GetUserStoreForApplication();
What actually XAML for, and what can be expressed in XAML Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML, pronounced /ˈzæməl/) is a declarative XML-based language created by Microsoft which is used to initialize structured values and objects.
Move deep zoom before 3d
Move after deep zoom
MVVM benefits/ directions/ differences from mvc/mvp Testability Flexibility Maintainability Put custom controls after here, and put toolkit to say that many are already done
3. Compatible Operating Systems and BrowsersOperating Windows Windows Internet Firefox 2, 3 Safari 3 Safari 4System Internet Internet Explorer 6 Explorer 8 Explorer 7Windows Vista + + - + - -Windows 7 + - - + - -Windows Server2008 + + - + - -Windows Server2008 R2 + - - - - -Windows XPSP2, SP3 + + + + - -Windows 2000 SilverlightSP4 +KB 891861 - - 2, 3 Only - - -Windows Server2003 (excludingIA-64) + + + + - -Mac OS 10.4.8+ Silverlight Silverlight(PowerPC) - - - 1.0 Only 1.0 Only -Mac OS 10.4.8+(Intel-based) - - - + + +
4. Developer tools Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 Expression Blend Silverlight 3 SDK Silverlight Toolkit .NET RIA Services Deep Zoom Composer Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK
5. Silverlight Architecture
7. XAML Usage Syntax XAML Usage Content Models Collections Markup Extensions Enumerations Type Converters Prefixes and Mappings for Silverlight Libraries Resources Dictionaries
8. Base conceptions for Business ApplicationBindingDataContextItemsSourceDependency propertyAttach dependency propertyICommand interface
14. Animation Overview You can creating an Animation in Procedural Code or XAML Double, Color, or Point can be animated. Use ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames for properties of other types You can Start, Stop, Pause, and Resume an Animation Controlling the Begin Time of Animations Animation Types Applying an Animation to a Property Animating Transforms What Happens After an Animation Ends Easing Functions Custom Animations
16. Deep ZoomDeep Zoom provides the ability to interactively view high-resolution images. You canzoom in and out of images rapidly without affecting the performance of yourapplication. Deep Zoom enables smooth loading and panning by serving up multi-resolution images and using spring animations.Exploration of Very Large or High Resolution Images: A classic example of thiswould be zooming in on parts of a large map to see different levels of detail and then,using the mouse, moving your view around the map surface.3-D Photography: Take pictures of a room, one after the other, creating a collectionof photos that make up a 360 degree picture of the room. Now the user can panaround the room with each photo blending into the other.Advertisements: You could create a relatively low-resolution image to represent theoverall theme of the ad, and then have progressively higher resolution imagescontaining more impressions and data about the product. When the page the ad isembedded in first loads, the ad smoothly sharpens and draws the attention of thereader by loading subsequently higher resolution images. Since the ad progressivelyloads, it does not significantly impact the users overall experience of the site. Inaddition, if the users mouse enters the ad, different parts of the ad can zoom in.
19. Networking and Communication WCF Web Service Socket WebClient HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse Cookies
20. MVVM: Model-View-ViewModel Pattern
21. User & Custom controls User Control Custom Control You need a complex You need to expand user interface that functionality of exist contains common or control. custom controls. You need a control that doesn’t like to any common controls.Caution! If you need to change a look of common control usingDataTemplate, ControlTemplate & Style approach is enough.
23. Silverlight Toolkit Components in the Components in the Stable Mature/SDK Quality Band Quality Band AutoCompleteBox DockPanel Calendar Expander ChildWindow HeaderedContentControl DataGrid Label DataPager NumericUpDown DatePicker Viewbox GridSplitter WrapPanel HeaderedItemsControl TabControl TreeView
24. Silverlight 4 Beta. What is new? Accessing Web Camera and Microphone Printing support A full set of forms controls with over 60 customizable, styleable components. New controls include RichTextbox with hyperlinks, images and editing and Masked textbox for complex field validation. WCF RIA Services Localization enhancements with Bi-Directional text, Right-to-Left support and complex scripts such as Arabic, Hebrew and Thai and 30 new languages. Enhanced databinding support. Support for Google’s Chrome browser. Performance optimizations mean Silverlight 4 applications start quicker and run 200% faster than the equivalent Silverlight 3 application. Multi-touch support enables a range of gestures and touch interactions to be integrated into user experiences. Mouse Wheel and Right-Click support.