Accessing Novell with your Macintosh ComputerDocument Transcript
Accessing Novell with your Macintosh Computer
You can now access the WSU Campus Novell servers (your personal H: drive
and departmental shared K: drive) directly from the Macintosh. Using these
Novell drives provides many advantages. Data is backed up daily, files can
be restored if lost or accidentally deleted, and files are easily shared among
co-workers using shared areas of the drive.
To access the Novell drives from the Macintosh Finder, follow these steps:
1. Select Connect to Server from the Go menu.
2. In the Server Address field type in afp://user2.wright.edu (Note that
this will work even if you omit the leading afp://). Please note that in
place of “user2” you will need to type in the server that your home
directory is on (i.e. user1, user2, etc). If you do not know your home
server, please contact the Help Desk at 775-4827.
3. Click on the '+' button to add this server to your list of Favorite
Servers. This saves the server name so you don't have to type the
name in again later.
4. Click on the Connect button
5. Type in your CAMPUS username (w123abc) and password when
prompted on the screen, and click the Connect button.
6. Select the volumes you wish to use and click OK. Users will contain
your home directory (H drive), and Shared is your departmental
shared area (K Drive).
7. If using Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), this will place (mount) the drive(s) you
have selected onto the desktop, where you can click their respective
icon(s) to view the drive contents.You can then drag them to the Trash
folder to disconnect. If using Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), the shared
drive(s) opens immediately in the Finder window, and a "Disconnect"
button allows you disconnect from the drive (see screenshot below).