Next Generation Data
Storage with CouchDb
Jan Lehnardt <email@example.com>
• Freelancing Developer with strong focus on
the Web for ~6 Years
• Studies in Computer Science and
Linguistics (not yet ﬁnished :-)
• Co-founder of FREISATZ
• Love Rock music and kittens
•What do you work on?
• What are you interested in?
• Why are you here?
• (Let’s see how well this matches the responses to the last slide)
• Webdevelopers, interested in new
• System Architects that look for scalable and
fault tolerant software solutions
• Anybody else is welcome, too
• Just for a moment, imagine you know
nothing about relational data, normalization
and other fancy terminology
• You only want to store data
• Leverages Lucene
• Reference implementation included
• Simple API to plug in other search
• Not yet implemented
• Will have
• Standard user authentication for
• Document ownership
• Bi-directional replication (or
synchronization) between any number of
• Online, and:
• Including consistent conﬂict resolution
for disconnected systems. Wow!