2. locations• Shot all over the world – Shangai, Scotland, London, Istanbul, Pinewood studios, India.
3. AdvertisementsSkyfall DVD and Bond St• SKYFALL topped the DVD/Blu-ray charts for 3 weeks, beating competition ARGO to the top spot.• Bond Street Tube station was given a makeover for the DVD release:
4. More advertisements• Advertisements on billboards, busses, newspapers and magazines,
5. Merchandise• Omega watches with the 007 logo on them.• Hmv = limited edition - steelbook (DVD package with extra features – reason to buy DVD)• Merchandise website:
6. Distribution CompanyMetro-Goldwyn-Mayer is an American media company, involvedprimarily in the production and distribution of films andtelevision programs. Once the largest and most glamorous of filmstudios, MGM was founded in 1924.On November 3, 2010, MGM filed for bankruptcy. MGMemerged from bankruptcy on December 20, 2010, at which timethe executives of Spyglass Entertainment, Gary Barber and RogerBirnbaum, became co-Chairmen and co-CEOs of the holdingcompany of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
7. Distribution CompanySony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. (SPE) is the American televisionand film production/distribution unit of Japanese multinationaltechnology and media conglomerate Sony. It is based in CulverCity, California and serves as Sonys main global filmproduction/distribution company
8. Premier• Premiere in London – Royal Albert hall Oct 23• Prince Charles & wife attended (British icons)• Nov 9 – American premiere• Create buzz, attract audiences, following actors (below the line advertising)
9. Synergy• Heineken – To do deal was £28 million (Heineken paid this) (instead of vodka like in previous films)• Made commercial with actors• Product placement• Helped funding of film
10. Synergy• Video game = 007 legends by for Xbox, PS3, wii.• Different release dates from Oct 16th (part of marketing)• Distributed by MGM interactive (subsidiary of MGM)
11. Box office• £1.1 billion worldwide• Only 14 films EVER have made over 1 billion• Highest grossing film for Sony pictures• Speed of highest income surpassed avatar (fastest income ever!!)• Took a month to make over £100 m in UK• £20.1 million in UK• Released in 3, 526 cinemas worldwide• Opening weekend = £88 million