1. 7 HOTEL MANAGEMENT – HOSPITALITY AND RESERVATIONS<br />ASSESSOR : MR. SUNNY<br />PRESENTED BY : FAIMAZ QURESHI<br />BATCH : G4<br />
3. Acknowledgement:<br />I Sincerely thanks to frankfinn institute of airhostess training for giving me such a great opportunity. I also extend my hearty thanks to Mr. Sunny for his constant support and guidance that has encouraged me to complete this assignment. Last but not the least I thank God Almighty for His love and care.<br />
5. (P1a) Select two renowned chain of hotels (one domestic & one international) and trace its history right from the time of it’s inception.<br />
6. INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY <br />The hospitality industry is a part of larger enterprise known as travel and tourism industry. The travel and tourism is a vast group of business with one goal in common providing necessary and desired products and services to customers and travelers. <br />Accommodation facilities constitute a vital and fundamental part of tourism supply. the important inputs, which flow into the tourism system, is tourism accommodation forming a vital component of tourism superstructure. <br />
8. DOMESTIC GROUP OF HOTEL<br />
9. Mr. Jose Dominic, MD, Casino group of hotels <br />
10. The Casino Group of Hotels in India:<br /><ul><li>The Casino Group Hotels India presents some of the best hotels in India. The hotels are located in tourist destinations like Casino Hotel Cochin, Spice Coast Cruises Puthenangadi, Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Spice Village Bay Thekkady and Marari Beach Resort Alleppey.
11. The beautiful location of these hotels satiates the nature lovers. The Casino Hotels in India have large swimming pools with the multicuisine restaurants serving Indian, Continental, special seafood et al. the rooms of the Casino Hotels of India are elegantly appointed blending tradition with the contemporary trend.
12. The management of the Casino Group of India also organizes activities like the cruises on the backwaters, fishing trips and visits to traditional coir- making units for the guests. The Casino Group Hotels staff serves you with a smile. The world-class amenities combined perfectly with Indian traditional hospitality mark the various hotels of the Casino Group of India.
13. You will certainly come across the best of holidays at the most reasonable rates. So get set go for your dream holiday and retreat with golden memories .to look forward for the next Indian Holiday. </li></li></ul><li><ul><li>CGH Earth is a five-decade long experiment in hospitality. CGH properties are mirrors held up to the environments and communities they are born from. Nothing has been added that does not already belong. Because nothing more was necessary. The result, we like to believe, are experiences as immersive as they are authentic.
14. For the first time visitor to Kerala, it's the ideal place to start. For here you can transit gracefully between two worlds. On the one hand, the cosmopolitan delights of Cochin, with its restaurants, shopping and entertainment. On the other, Kerala's unique culture, manners and cuisine.
15. FROM very small beginnings, the Casino group of hotels based in Kerala has grown rapidly to etch a name in the international and domestic tourism markets.
16. But the group is not resting on its laurels and has charted out big plans for its future.
17. Now properly introduced, you are guided to your room. Simplicity and elegance are the leitmotifs, as indeed they are in all our properties. The parquet floors in the room are a distinctive touch and you can luxuriate with bubble bath and shampoo from the little clay pots in your spacious bathroom. Once you're rested, ready, and refreshed, it's time to sail into Cochin.</li></li></ul><li>casino hotel, cochin<br />Willingdon Island, in the middle of the Cochin harbour, is a British legacy, created by Lord Bristow when he dredged the seabed to secure the city future as an international port. Ideally located between Fort Cochin and the modern mainland town of Ernakulam, it is the home of four flagship hotels, The Casino - a gateway to Cochin, Kerala and the tropical Lakshadweep Islands.<br />
18. Coconut Lagoon - Casino Group of Hotels , Kumarakom, Kerala.<br />Hidden away in Kerala's famous backwaters, Coconut Lagoon is one of Southern India's most discreet holiday destinations, an exclusive haven with a unique cultural heritage. The resort can only be reached by boat and offers a fascinating insight into the past. Guests stay in genuine 'tarawad' cottages - traditional wooden family houses. In danger of being destroyed, each one has been brought here from different parts of Kerala and carefully reassembled to include every modern luxury. It's a stunning combination : conservation mixed with comfort, tradition with tranquility. <br />
19. Kalari Kovilakom, the palace of the ancient Vengunad Kingdom in Kerala now converted into a palace for Ayurveda, offers Ayurveda in its most authentic and substantive form as the Rajas of Vengunad would have had it. Without wine, meat and shoes.<br />Adhering to the strict tenets of Ayurveda as an universal healing art rather than a medical system, the treatment offered is a combination of the physical, psychological and spiritual therapies in our approach to health that is relevant to the modern world as it was to the ancient world. Nothing has been re-invented, nothing diluted. <br />Ayurveda works from outside in. Yoga works from inside out. Both in harmony works towards the wholeness. <br />"Most people live - Whether physically, intellectually or emotionally - in a vertical circle of their potential being." <br />
20. spice coast cruises, puthenangadi<br />Casino presents yet another wonderful way to see Kerala in all its splendor. Spice Coast Cruises. The traditional houseboat of Kerala is one of the most enduring images of the backwaters - its natural, cocoon-like profile complementing the surrounding countryside. One couple has the exclusive run of the entire boat - ensuring privacy for honeymooners - and guests are attended to by a personal cook and two boatmen.<br />
21. spice village, thekkady<br />Set in the heart of the Cardamom Hills of Kerala, Spice Village is an unprecedented tourist destination, offering a rare opportunity to South India's wildlife and beauty. The village lies just outside Periyar Tiger Reserve, and a stay here is the perfect way to appreciate and respect the environment. This is a place for anyone who loves nature: somewhere to fill your lungs with fresh mountain air. Recreating the mood of a local tribal community, the architects have designed 37 individual cottages amongst a landscaped spice garden. Each dwelling is thatched with elephant grass and offers simple luxury and privacy. <br />
22. INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF HOTEL<br />GROUP OF HOTELS<br />
23. (FOUNDER) Jack Dyer Crouch <br />Jack Dyer Crouch (22 October 1915 - 25 July 1989) was an American entrepreneur and conglomerate organizer born in Columbia, Missouri<br />
24. HISTORY OF HYATT CORPORATION:<br /><ul><li>Celebrating more than 50 years of history, Hyatt Hotels Corporations. well-established reputation as an industry innovator provides a wealth of inspiration as the company looks forward to its next era of creative hospitality.
25. The original owners were entrepreneurs, Hyatt von Dehn, He created the Hyatt Hotel chain in 1954 with his partner Hyatt R. von Dehn, and later became a Hilton Hotel Franchise Owner in the United States. He is accredited with conceptualizing and building the world's first fly-in (airport) hotel, The Hyatt House Los Angeles. Von Dehn was eager to get out of the hotel business after a few years, so he sold his share in the hotel to Jay Pritzker. Jay's younger brother Donald, under Jack Crouch's mentorship, took over day-to-day operations of the company and its portfolio quickly grew to include several other modest hotels along the West Coast and in Chicago over the next ten years.
26. In 1967, Hyatt opened its first major John Portman designed hotel, Hyatt Regency Atlanta , in Georgia, which featured a space-age design with a dramatic, 21-story atrium lobby. The revolutionary architecture spawned scores of atrium lobbies around the world, effectively changing the course of the lodging industry and reshaping the Hyatt brand as an innovative and significant global hospitality leader .
27. In 1969, Donald opened Hyatt's first overseas hotel, the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>By 1969, 13 Hyatt hotels were in operation throughout the United States. That same year, the company launched Hyatt Regency Hong Kong , establishing Hyatt International Corporation .
28. In 1972, Hyatt formed Elsinore Corporation, a subsidiary to operate the Four Queens Hotel and Casino and the Hyatt Lake Tahoe.
29. After Hyatt became a private company in 1979, Elsinore was spun off into a public company. The company opened the Playboy Hotel and Casino as a joint venture with Playboy Enterprises.
30. In 1980, the Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt brands were introduced. Hyatt has become known for its resorts after the opening of Hyatt Regency Maui in 1980. Today Hyatt has over 434 hotels worldwide.
31. In December 2004, Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced it would acquire AmeriSuites, an upscale chain of all suite business class hotels from affiliates of the Blackstone Group, a New York based private equity investment firm.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>In December 2005, Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced a second limited service acquisition, Summerfield Suites. Again the seller was the Blackstone Group. Blackstone had inherited Summerfield Suites from its purchase of Wyndham International. Summerfield Suites will be rebranded as Hyatt Summerfield Suites and positioned to compete in the upscale extended stay market against brands such as Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Stay bridge Suites.
32. The 2007-launched Andaz brand is sophistication made simple delivered with a genuine warmth; Hyatt Regency enables productivity and revitalization within a responsive, convenient and contemporary environment; Park Hyatt , a discreet and refined collection located in fashionable cities around the world, epitomizes modern luxury.
33. On August 6, 2009, it was reported that Hyatt Hotels Corporation filed plans to raise up to $1.15 billion in an initial share sale. Hyatt plans to list the shares on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol H. According to the filing, Mark S. Hoplamazian will serve as CEO and Thomas Pritzker will serve as Executive Chairman.
34. On August 31, 2009 three Hyatt hotels in Boston laid off their entire housekeeping staffs, outsourcing the work to a Georgia company creating strong public backlash.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>The housekeepers, who were fired without previous notice although some of them had worked for the Hyatt for over 20 years, became collectively known as the Hyatt 100. In December, 2009, Hyatt was named the "Massachusetts Scrooge of the Year" by Jobs with Justice.
35. Hyatt manage, franchise, own and develop Hyatt branded hotels, resorts and residential and vacation ownership properties around the world. As of March 31, 2010, the company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 434 properties.
36. 6 March 2011, 'Hyatt Regency' Hotel, Kyiv, 5-a A. Tarasovoyi Street Dec Education Agency invites to discover British education opportunities at the 'Best of British Education' exhibition within 'Education Abroad Days 2011'. Best British language centers, private schools and universities will be presenting their offers.
37. Park Hyatt Sydney Unveils Plans for Hotel Renovation
38. The iconic Park Hyatt Sydney is set to undertake a dramatic transformation. The largest renovation in the hotel’s 20-year history. Scheduled to commence in April 2011, the renovation programmed will take place over a period of seven months, and will involve closure of the hotel to allow for the extensive work to be completed. Park Hyatt Sydney is due to re-open its doors late in October 2011.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Park Hyatt Sydney’s renovation plan remains subject to government approval and has been scheduled to coincide with the hotel’s winter period to minimize disruption to guests. The hotel is currently accepting reservations until 27 March 2011, before embarking on its exciting transformation. The new design will be spearheaded by leading interior designers BAR studio.
39. As a unified portfolio, Hyatt's properties share core values across the Hyatt brand: exceptional guest service, upscale amenities, popular food and beverage programs, and innovative interior designs that incorporate local art and style. Currently offering travelers a choice of more than 365 hotels and resorts in over 45 countries, Hyatt Hotels Corporation continues to build on its commitment to clients, staff, partners and the environment as it grows its dynamic vision for the future of hospitality.
40. Today, Hyatt successfully distinguishes itself within the competitive hospitality marketplace with six different brands, each designed to deliver experiences attuned to the lifestyles, attitudes, values, and aspirations of the guests for whom it is designed. </li></li></ul><li> Grand Hyatt Mumbai <br />Mumbai, India. <br />Try a multidimensional lifestyle complex, a true city landmark<br /> Hyatt Regency Delhi <br />New Delhi, India. <br />Experience a palatial complex hewn from native sandstone of the area<br /> Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa <br />South Goa, India.<br />Nestle yourself in pousadas amid glittering waterways and lagoons <br /> Hyatt Regency Kolkata <br />Calcutta, India.<br />Relax in a premium contemporary business hotel with classic standards<br /> Hyatt Regency Mumbai <br />Mumbai, India.<br />Experience the city's premier gateway hotel, strategically located close to both airport terminals <br />Grand Hyatt Mumbai <br />
41. Grand Hyatt hotel, Dubai<br />Hyatt Hotel, Abu Dhabi<br />
43. Hyatt West Hollywood, now Andaz West Hollywood, in West Hollywood, California<br />Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, Georgia<br />
44. Grand Hyatt Guangzhou, china<br />Grand Hyatt Guangzhou will be the fourth Grand Hyatt hotel in mainland China, following Grand Hyatt hotels in Beijing and Shanghai. <br />Hyatt currently operates 10 hotels in Greater China, including Grand Hyatt Beijing, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, Grand Hyatt Shanghai, Hyatt on the Bund, Shanghai, Grand Hyatt Taipei, Hyatt Regency Dongguan, Hyatt Regency Hangzhou, Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Tianjin and Hyatt Regency Xian. An additional 12 hotels are under development.<br />
45. Hyatt Ekaterinburg in Russia<br />Hyatt Hotel Amman, Jordan<br />
46. Hyatt Place in Chantilly, Virginia, USA<br />Hyatt Place Louisville, Kentucky<br />
47. A Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California, in the United States, Westin Hotel<br />The Park Hyatt of Buenos Aires, Argentina<br />
48. A Hyatt Regency in Cologne, Germany.<br />Grand Hyatt Cairo, Egypt <br />
49. Looking up inside the 32-story atrium of the Shanghai Grand Hyatt, part of the Jin Mao Tower<br />Hyatt Regency at Orlando International Airport<br />
50. Grand Hyatt Hotel Muscat, Oman<br />Hyatt Place Secaucus, Meadowlands<br />
51. (p1b) Analyses the different facilities offered by different categories (Luxury, Semi-luxury, Budget) of hotels in India. Give presentation to highlight the USP of each category.<br />
52. Taj Krishna<br />
53. Facilities: <br /><ul><li>Broadband Internet access
54. Colour copier
55. Laptop computers on hire
56. Mobile phones on hire
57. Multimedia computers
58. Secretarial services
59. Wireless Internet access
62. Beauty parlour / Hair salon
64. Fitness Centre
65. Shopping arcade
66. Souvenir shop
67. Swimming pool
68. Car hire service
69. Currency exchange
71. Express laundry / dry cleaning
73. Travel assistance
74. Wireless Internet
75. Meeting events are a pleasure with comfortable seating for 6 to 16 persons
76. Water sports (paragliding, boating)</li></li></ul><li>ROOM TARIFF<br />
111. P2: demonstrate with the help of role play, the range of services provided by the front office department to a specific type of guest (DFIT, FFIT, CVGR & CIP) from the time that he has made his booking until he settles his account during departure.<br />This demonstration can be a group activity in which students can brainstorm and present the entire guest cycle using appropriate terms and dummy forms, registers keys etc. applicable at each stage of the guest cycle.<br />
112. Introduction Of Front Office Department:<br />The Front Office function of a Hotel is to act as the public face of the hotel, primarily by greeting hotel patrons and checking in guests. <br />It also provides assistance to guests during their stay, completes their accommodation, food and beverage, accounts and receives payment from guests. <br />Front Office is the "nerve center" in the entire hotel operations. All the transaction passes through within this department.<br />
114. The different departments of front office:<br /><ul><li>Reservations
116. The telephone/communication department
117. Information (optional)
118. Bell desk
119. Front office casher
120. Travel desk
121. Guest relations
122. Business center</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>The front office of a hotel generally performs
123. the following basic activities:
124. Processing advance reservationsRegistering guestsRooming guestsHandling guests’ luggageIssuing room keysProviding informationHandling guests’ mail and parcelAdministering telephone serviceAccounting (making payments and billing)Checking out guests
125. a) Front Office: Sell guestrooms; register guests and design guestrooms Coordinate guest services Provide information Maintain accurate room statistics, and room key inventories Maintain guest account statements and complete proper financial settlements
126. b) Reservation: Receive and process reservation requests for future overnight accommodations. With technology development, the Reservation Department can, on real time, access the number and types of rooms available, various room rates, and furnishings, along with the various facilities existing in the hotel Edgar Dsouz</li></li></ul><li>(P3a)What is the housekeeping department considered to be the back bone of a hotel? Prepare a 3 minute oral presentation with the help of slides.<br />(P3a)What is the housekeeping department considered to be the back bone of a hotel? Prepare a 3 minute oral presentation with the help of slides. <br />
127. THE HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENTS: <br /><ul><li>Desk control
129. Linen room
131. Second service
132. Shoe shine
133. Turn down service
135. Valet service</li></li></ul><li>
136. IMPORTANCE OF HOUSEKEEPING:<br />House keeping is a department that deals essentially with cleanliness and all the ancillary service attached to that.<br />The House keeper is the only departmental head who has access to every department. The only departmental head to maintain relation with other departmental heads and thus obtains an overview of the entire operation. <br />The Housekeeping staffs are the eyes and ears of the management. The guest forms his impressions by seeing the furnishing ,spotlessly clean ,and air odor free room. Hence it plays a major role in retaining or loosing of a guest.<br />If the eyes are the mirrors of the soul, cleanliness of a hotel reveals the type of service that a certain hotel can offer. <br />Through strict observance of cleanliness, a hotel is in great chance of inviting and persuading a lot of customers to check in.<br />
137. P3b:Prepare a layout of standard room of hotel exhibiting the basic amenities provided.<br />