1. SAVE €400Organized by: EUROPE’S PREMIER GATHERING FOR THE MOBILE, DIGITAL, CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIES when you register before August 10th. Priority code inside. www.telematicsupdate.com/munichTelematics Munich 2012October 29th-30th, 2012 Hilton Munich Park Hotel, Munich, GermanyTelematics as the Strategic Auto Ally: Position ConnectedServices as the Competitive Lure to Unlock Revenue Streams Exploit Connectivity Opportunities to Think Outside the Expert Speakers Include: ‘Black Box’: Develop the appropriate value proposition for the connected car which evaluates mobile, embedded and cloud-based solutions in order to justify the introduction of 4G LTE for automotive eCall Delivers Ubiquitous In-Car Connectivity: By 2015, all new car models in 27 EU member states will be equipped with eCall on the 112 emergency number. Hear the latest operational news from the legislators, implementers and associations New Catalysts for Insurance Telematics: Discuss the impact of the EU gender rule and Solvency II regulations as the number of global insurance telematics users grows at a CAGR of 90% from 1.85 million in 2010 to 89 million in 2017. Telematics to Power Customer Relationship Management: Understand how connected CRM services could finally unlock and communicate the value of telematics for the OEM and customer Big Data to Improve Urban Mobility: Discover how rapidly advancing techniques of artificial intelligence will inspire a new generation of navigation apps and intelligent driving services such as traffic, parking, fuel, remote charging and weather to improve urban mobility FACT! 600+ Executive Delegates 5 Focused Tracks 60+ Expert Speakers 20+ Hours of Supreme Networking 35+ Business Focused Sessions New Speakers, New Intelligence, New Case StudiesPlatinum Sponsors Gold Sponsors Badge Sponsor Infotainment SponsorBag Sponsor Networking Drinks Sponsor Connected Car Sponsor Workshop Sponsors Folder Sponsor Co-Sponsors For the full speaker line-up and the most up to date Telematics Munich information visit www.TelematicsMunich.com
2. Welcome to the 10th Annual Telematics Munich Organized by:Conference and ExhibitionA New Era for Europe’s Converging Mobile, Digital, CE and Automotive Industries:Considering the Connected Car as a Strategic AssetThe telematics market in Europe has long been xploiting connectivity opportunities to open E Commission, Mercedes Benz, Nissan and moredominated by the aftermarket through safety, up new revenue streams will divulge the latest business intelligence in thesecurity and navigation products. Now, the Call: anticipating 2015 regulations e European automotive telematics space.consumer is demanding even more, and the loud services and HTML5 infotainment to Centhusiasm of users to continue to lead their “Telematics Munich is a great place to network. redefine HMIconnected lifestyles within the car is driving The event gives your company a visibility hardlyradical innovation within not just the telematics he booming market of Insurance Telematics T seen elsewhere” Fordmarket place, but also across the mobile, digital EM visions for the 2013 market Oand consumer electronics industries. onnecting with big data to improve urban COEMs are now embracing new revenue streams mobility The paramount networking opportunitiesand opportunities that have been unlocked dopting open, upgradeable, standards-based A that Telematics Munich offers set it apart fromthrough connectivity, content and better data platforms any other event. The conference and exhibitionusage in the automobile. provides the key chance to hear from and network Plus many more – open the brochure to find outWith OEM infotainment announcements with the OEMs who are continually striving to more!dominating the automotive news scene in build new partnerships.2012, it is no surprise that OEM and aftermarket Secure your place on the front row of Europe’s “Another excellent event - TU is a true oneconnected car systems usage will grow from 66 largest telematics conference. stop shop for any OEM considering enteringmillion in 2012 to 356 million units in 2017. the Telematics market” Jaguar Land Rover 94% of 2011 delegates said the conferenceNew regulations and standards in Europe exceeded their expectationssurrounding eCall, insurance, HMI design andTPEG are huge drivers for the industry but these Register today, making use of the early bookingequally dictate higher levels of synergy and “Telematics Munich 2011 showcased discounts (either using the booking form enclosedindustry-wide cooperation. In 2012 it is critical technology and innovation to span the in this brochure or via our secure websitethat companies define and organise the growing field of connectivity” www.telematicsmunich.com). See you in Munich!telematics ecosystem to develop and deliver Mercedes Benzthe next generation of connected vehicleservices. Telematics Munich is the only place to receiveTelematics Update has kept up with the latest the very latest telematics business intelligence.announcements, partnerships deals and market We have recruited speakers from across the valuetrends, providing you with the answers you need. chain to divulge their expertise and strategies. BMW, Fiat, Volvo, Continental, Denso,Telematics Munich 2012 brings you essential Vodafone, Delphi, Ford, KPN, Volkswagen, Emily Savage Rory Menagetopics such as: Renault Trucks, Continental, Allianz, European Project Director, Project Director, Telematics Update Telematics UpdateExpert Speakers Include:Candido Peterlini, Wilhelm Steger, Marcus Heitman, Pierpaolo Tona, Dieter Liemig, Jacques Amselem, Derek Williams,Director - Product Managing Director, Mobile online services in DG Information Society Product Manager CEO, GM Telematics andConcept - Infotainment, Infotainment Driver product marketing, and Media, European Connected Drive, Allianz Telematics Special Projects,Fiat Interface, Delphi Volkswagen Commission BMW ToyotaPierre Sirolli, Richard Cornish, M2M Tim Leinmüller, Helene Hartlief, Ralf Lamberti, Larry Haddad, Harald Schuster,Chief Project Manager, Business Development Mngr Info Safety Engineering Marketing Manager M2M, Director of Telematics, GM Cross Carline Product Head of Insurance,Renault Trucks – Automotive, Vodafone Dept, DENSO KPN Mercedes Strategy Planning, Mercedes-Benz Global Enterprise Nissan Bank AG OPEN NOW to see theManfred Schedl, Andrei Iordache, Troed Sangberg, Markus Bauer, Otmar Schreiner, Lars Moreke, full agendaVice President Advanced Product Director of Research, Active Concepts and Head of Interior System Manager Mobile Services,Connectivity, Planning, Sony Mobile Integrated Safety, Development, Volkswagen FinancialHARMAN Kia Motors Europe Communications BMW Continental Services AG For the full speaker line-up and the most up to date Telematics Munich information visit www.telematicsupdate.com/munich
3. Organized by:Telematics Munich 2012 at a Glance Unrivalled NetworkingFacts Stats for Know who you’ll be rubbing shoulders with this October:Telematics Munich Solution Developers 26% View this breakdown of past attendees to seeTelematics Munich is attended by who’ll be attending Telematics Munich 2012:over 600 of the telematics industry’s Auto OEMs 20% Key Stats:leading decision makers. Thisis Europe’s biggest gathering of Hardware/ Device Manufacturers 16%telematics executives, and the forum TSPs 11% 94% of 2011 delegates said the conference exceededis growing in scope, reputation andimpact year on year! Tier 1s 10% or far exceeded their Consultants (auto, govt, press) 8% expectations Wireless Providers 7% of 2011 delegates would Other 2% 83% recommend the show to a friend conference Telematics Munich Conference, October 29th-30th, 2012 Hilton Munich Park Hotel, Germany Day One – October 29th Day Two – October 30th OPENING KEYNOTES and Plenary Sessions Keynotes Plenary Sessions Essential update on the European telematics market. Find out how to create Analyse key services, government initiatives and global requirements to winning partnerships to carve your niche in today’s ever-competitive arena position your solution at the front of OEM and consumer demand FOCUSED WORKSHOPS Networking Lunch Break Networking Lunch break Track 1: Content and Connectivity (CONT.) Hear from OEMs and integrators on how to harness the power of the cloud Track 1: Content and Connectivity and enable a core platform for the connected car Discern OEM and Tier 1 attitudes and requirements for content integration to build successful partnerships that captivate consumers Track 4: Safety and Mobility Track 2: The Boom of Insurance Discover eCall in action and outline the roles of ITS providers to fully Get to grips with current UBI models from TSPs and insurers in this secure alliances in an ultimate connected infrastructure for both V2V exploding market to satisfy customer priorities and enable effective and V2X systems commercial data profiling Track 5: Emerging Markets and The Future Track 3: Commercial Fleets As telematics expands into emerging markets, we discuss regional demands Hear how OEMs, Insurers, fleet managers and TSPs work in unison for and how to develop global solutions for lower production costs and reduced enhance business offerings and secure quantitative ROI from telematics time-to-market solutions CLOSING KEYNOTE Networking Cocktail Reception Summarise the key learnings to consolidate your Meet those crucial industry contacts in a relaxed setting Telematics Munich 2012 experience exhibition Top Reasons To Claim Your Prime Telematics Munich Exhibition Space Today Sign up now to secure the best booth on the Sign up early to capitalise on pre-event visibility Do the right thing for your Expo floor and give your products and services via our network of key industry players to guarantee company and book your the competitive edge. that the industry and press talk about YOU! space at Meet directly with your best prospects Don’t forget that the Telematics Munich Exhibition www.telematicsmunich.com and clients as Telematics Munich is the one Floor is the place where all the deals are before the floor sells-out! event where industry leaders make informed made; products are launched, showcased and procurement decisions. demonstrated. Connect with Telematics Update on and become a part of the global buzz surrounding Telematics Munich 2012 today!
4. Day 1 Oct 29th, 2012Morning Keynote and Plenary SessionsCutting-Edge Connectivity: The Race Telematics for the Everyday Saving Time, Saving Lives:to LTE Profitability European Driver The Latest Update from eCallAs the challenge to bring 4G LTE connectivity Fiat’s EcoDrive solution has already proved that Penetration of eCall systems in Europeanacross Europe continues to unfold, the industry is telematics systems can be built for the mass- cars is currently 0.4%. By 2015, all newencouraged to define and develop the appropriate market vehicle. Now understand how Fiat plan car models in 27 EU member states willvalue proposition for the connected car in order to to expand and build on their current offerings be equipped with eCall based on thejustify LTE for automotive to target the next-gen of drivers. 112 emergency number. Hear the latest Debate the prioritisation of various LTE enabled}} }Discuss which telematics services are } operational news from the legislators, services such as consumer-oriented apps (e.g. attractive to the mass-market consumer implementers and associations. video), OEM/dealer-oriented applications, driving such as interactive diagnostic tools and Discover key learnings from the HeERO }} apps (POIs, navi, traffic) and connected safety for maintenance in order to deliver a product project (Harmonized eCall European ultimate service differentiation and ROI with an appropriate price point Pilot) to recognise the current Consolidate an attractive commercial proposition}} Assess how to develop an interactive }} status of eCall and next steps for by engaging with smartphone innovation to customer feedback system which will implementation across all stakeholder ensure consistent platform usability for consumers utilise both cloud-based data to build easily groups and their preferred applications accessible and cost-friendly solutions for Comprehend relevant EU legislation }}}Analyse which OEMs have succeeded in } connected smartphones for compliant product roll-outs in order implementing their strategy for vehicle Understand how OEMs can incorporate the }} to recognise how to create a compact, connectivity by using the existing application ‘big data’ perspective into the their telematics affordable and interoperable service infrastructure to their advantage, to determine strategy to firmly place automotive in the across Europe future strategy that incorporate LTE consumers connected lifestyle }} to grips with EENA and their pan- GetRoger Lanctot, Associate Director, Candido Peterlini, VP Marketing Innovation, European discussion platform: howStrategy Analytics FIAT Group to cooperate with public authorities, decision makers, associations and solution providers to improveExploit Connectivity Opportunities as Embracing Open Innovation emergency response in accordance with citizens’ requirementsNew Revenue Stream Open architectures offer the industry the abilityAs auto OEMs synchronise efforts more closely to deliver customisable platforms in an efficient Pierpaolo Tona, Chief Project Officer,with the smartphone and consumer electronics manner. Understand the Next Generation European Commission(CE) industries, substantial financial rewards are Telematics Platform (NGPT) and how it can Jerome Paris, Dissemination Manager,presenting themselves through dynamic content simplify the delivery of telematics services European Emergency Numberintegration. }Understand how open architectures and } Association Harness the power of unique OEM opportunities}} technology will help reduce price related such as real time data feedback to develop pressures and time-to-market to accelerate product development Vehicle Connectivity and advanced auto loyalty programs and CRM options to allow driver-dealer relationships to evolve Discuss how to make a standard platform, }} Billing: Expectations for the Discuss options to drive ROI through revenue}} with multiple layers, that can be re-packaged Future sharing schemes from apps sales and identify and re-used across different models of There has been a lot of hype strategic opportunities for product innovation such vehicles and in different countries to reduce surrounding a 4G LTE spectrum in as integrating social media content into current overhead expenditure Europe but the key issue remains as to apps }} to grips with how OEMs with existing Get what level of spectrum is needed and}Understand the business case for auto OEM } telematics business models can benefit from how to bill the customer. Understand service differentiation through unique, dynamic the increased service offerings and open whether ubiquitous connectivity will and driver-centric content to up-sell vehicles and integration options created by the new NGTP truly transform customer expectations. redefine the telematics business case protocol Understand the progress that has }}Reinhard Jurk, Connected Drive, BMW Martin Rosell, Managing Director, WirelessCar been made with implementing a 4G spectrum in Europe to ascertain aLarry Haddad, GM Product Strategy Planning, realistic timeline and see how this willNissan An excellent opportunity “ alter your current business planKevin Link, Senior VP Marketing, Hughes Telematics to meet telematics thought Analyse the impact of the powerful }}Martin Rosell, Managing Director, Wireless Car leaders. ” 4G LTE spectrum to integrate newWilhelm Steger, MD Infotainment Driver Interface, driver centric services and powerfulDELPHI infotainment platforms that willModerator: Dominique Bonte, Vice President and provide further differentiation to thePractice Director, ABI Research connected platform Follow Telematics Update on @TelematicsUpdate For the latest ‘Telematics Munich’ announcements use #TUMUNICH
5. TRACK 1 Content and Connectivity}} data capacity to your advantage: understand Use the latest status of billing the consumer through Viable Automotive Applications The Impact of Typeface on split billing and the potential of reprogrammable and Content Future HMIs SIMS to unlock future revenue streams for the connected car Downloadable or web-based apps are }Understand how to optimise textual } revolutionising the telematics space. Discuss content on electronic displays on theMarcus Heitmann, Product Marketing, Volkswagen tactics to design, deliver, manage and host vehicle infotainment system to maximiseHelene Hartlief, Marketing Manager, KPN applications for the automotive platform the safe recognition of messages during aPer Lindberg, Senior Business Analyst, Connected }Explore how to safely design and deliver } driver’s short glance patternsCar, Volvo Cars apps for existing customers using mobile }Optimise rapid content search, legibility }Manfred Schedl, Vice President Connectivity, applications to help familiarise them with and information retrieval throughHARMAN Automotive telematics advantages before a connected focused typeface design to enhance HMI car purchase ergonomicsModerator: Roger Lanctot, Associate Director,Strategy Analytics Reciprocate consumers’ demands for }} }Review latest research that sheds light } new dynamic content such as parking on optimising typeface design to reduce space availability, fuel pricing and service driver distraction to help produce userExclusive Workshops payments to ensure a successful content launch in line with OEM expectations interfaces that better meet European Commission expectations Discuss how to advance platform ecosystem }} David Gould, Director Product Marketing,Wireless Carriers’ Visions for the development by building SDKs for suitable Monotype ImagingConnected Car content or standardised APIs to tailor Unleash smart data services that have the ability}} applications to fit different UIs and provide to drive changes at the business model and CRM an attractive solution Embedded, Tethered, Cloud: level Lars Moreke, Mobile Services, Volkswagen How to Overcome Integration Discuss how developments within the}} Financial Services AG Barriers automotive industry will drive dynamic risk and Andrew Poliak, Global Director Business Get to grips with the myriad of integration increase channels to market to future proof Development, QNX options. Will the smartphone still have telematics services Dr. Otmar Schreiner - Head of Interior System traction for OEMs in 2020 despite on-going Ascertain which services can be offered via}} Development, Continental embedded and cloud developments? the operator ecosystem and which by the Is the value chain fit for purpose and automakers to give clarity to a rapidly developing compatibility? ecosystem Location-Based Platforms to Outline services such as navigation and }}Richard Cornish, Strategic Partner Manager M2M, Revolutionise Connected Cars personalized radio that will increaseVodafone Automotive manufacturers are increasingly functionality when hosted on the viewing in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems smartphone, the tablet, or the cloud to as a key differentiator in their vehicles. Discuss identify relevant contentPreparing for Telematics Service Nokia’s product strategies for the connected }} to transfer app functionality HowDeployment in Russia car to deliver innovative user experience to through in-vehicle HMIs for maintainedFormulate a tech. and business development drivers and passengers. smartphone compatibility throughout thestrategy to best position your solutions to }Explore location solutions that support both } vehicle life-cyclecapitalise on lucrative opportunities in the mobile and embedded solutions, offering Learn how to utilise all three platform }}emerging Russian telematics market. a fluid experience to customers across all options to blend and cache cloud-hosted Understand the back-end software architecture}} screens and simplifying the connected data for an ever-updateable and focused and chip-set requirements of ERA-GLONASS and ecosystem telematics service platform develop compliant solutions to capitalise on this Discuss the functionality of the ‘Where }} Leo McCloskey, VP Marketing, Airbiquity mandate Platform’ to offer cloud components Troed Sangberg, Director of Research, Analyse challenges such a wireless network}} including; maps, search and places, Sony Mobile Communications coverage shortage and price point sensitivity, directions, and automotive services for an always available, immediately updateable Paul Reynolds, Automotive OEM Sales that need to be overcome to create a thriving auto-focused service platform Director EMEA, Telogis telematics infrastructure and ecosystem Understand how to work with APIs to enable }} Floris van de Klashorst, Head of Automotive,}Explore which key telematics services such } mapping, guidance and traffic functionality Nokia as stolen vehicle recovery and location based services, will prove successful when targeting to build a cost effective solution that is Moderator: Dominique Bonte, VP and the Russian market’s specific needs usable across multiple devices Practice Director, ABI ResearchMassimiliano Kisvarday, Chief Business Carsten Hurasky, Director CustomerDevelopment Officer, Cesar Satellite Marketing, Nokia Connect with Telematics Update on and become a part of the global buzz surrounding Telematics Munich 2012 today!
6. TRACK 1 TRACK 2Content and Insurance TelematicsConnectivitySeamless Connectivity and Why Insurance Telematics Matters Auto-OEM Integrated SolutionsBenefits for the Industry - Overview of a Future €50 Billion for Insurance TelematicsWireless carriers will have critical influence in Market Since the beginning of insurance telematics,managing and integrating dynamic content The Pay As You Drive (PAYD) market has OEM data integration has been ‘integral’ toand connectivity throughout the telematics reached its tipping point. Analysts expect it to the success of the industry. Understand howspace. Hear how to partner with the telecoms grow fifty fold by the end of the decade. the OEMs, TSPs and Insurers will interact tosegment. increase industry penetration }Discuss why insurance telematics is taking off } Witness how MNOs mirror OEMs’ business}} in the aftermarket and how shifts in market Discuss revenue opportunities and OEM }} models through ‘pay back per volume’ dynamics will impact your solutions drivers for enhanced insurance integration strategies to kick-start the ultimate connected into connected telematics systems to ‘future car strategy that introduces further customer Assess the local requirements of key }} proof’ your solutions portfolio revenue streams countries within Europe, based on customer behaviour and demands to create unique Understand the OEM perspective on how }}}}Analyse suitable billing options through and regional solutions and maximise UBI to share, manage, and protect driver data advanced payment techniques for different deployment while creating an open environment for a telematics services to keep pace with industry concentric data strategy that benefits the demands Learn how to establish symbiotic }} entire value chain relationships between insurers, OEMs and}Discuss different connectivity options such } Tier Ones in order to combine and integrate }} how an increased automaker focus Hear as GSM, 3G, LTE, and multiple SIM options in core skills and competencies and provide on eco-friendly solutions and road safety order to identify which of these support data- value to all parties initiatives will provide new opportunities for intensive apps within consumer telematics insurance telematics products on the market Frederic Bruneteau, Managing Director,Helene Hartlief, Marketing Manager, KPN PTOLEMUS Jacques Amselem, CEO Telematics, Allianz Harald J.A. Schuster, Head of Insurance, Mercedes-Benz BankKEYNOTE SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Panel: Map Your Route to Take Insurance Telematics Mass- Exclusive TomTom Presentation Market Full session and speaker details can be Experts predict that insurance telematics found at www.telematicsmunich.com offerings will cover up to 50% of all vehicles by 2020. Discuss the technological and data challenges associated with expanding services. }Understand insurers’ need for multiple data } collection devices, including the car and smartphone, and explore multi-platform (M2M) connectivity options to ensure your solution is compatible with insurers’ wireless requirements Outline the business model for telematics }} data transfer from device to aggregator to insurer to understand how a combination of wireless technologies can reduce costs Discuss the impact of the EU gender rule }} and Solvency II regulations on the car insurance space. Assess if telematics-led pricing structures are the best way to assess premiums and retain customers Caroline Currie, Sales Director, Autoline Insurance A great opportunity to Mauro Cantoni, Head of International Sales, Octo Telematics “ meet with key persons from the telematics network. Moderator: Frederic Bruneteau, MD, PTOLEMUS ” Contact the Telematics Update team at email@example.com or (Global) +44 (0) 207 375 7585 or (US tf ) 1 800 814 3459 x 7585
7. TRACK 3 Day 2 Oct 30th, 2012Fleet and Commercial Telematics Morning Keynote and Plenary SessionsCommercial Vehicle Telematics: The Synergy of Fleets and UBI: An OEM Perspective: The Future ofThe Outlook Beyond 2012 Utilising Intelligent Platforms the Connected Car ExperienceHear directly from the fleet telematics value Commercial telematics solutions help in Mercedes-Benz have long been a major playerchain about product delivery and the new addressing information from both vehicle in the European automotive space. Understandprocesses they are implementing. and driver, including data for insurance their latest visions for European telematics and Review past product design and}} purposes. Manage projects, resources and connected driving as they prepare to realign their implementation; assess what the perfect employees across fleets with the most offerings to harmonise with today’s drivers commercial telematics solution for leasing accurate, understandable and actionable Discuss methods and technology to build more }} and commercial fleets will look like in the data. modularised systems in order to incorporate next five years }Assess how driver behaviour analysis } both multiple suppliers and layers into software}}Explore solutions that enable both is used to create driver trends, reduce stacks quantitative and qualitative ROI for the fleet operational costs, and improve ROI Understand the future for managing apps in }} end user through effective data analytics, }} the capability of platforms in the See the vehicle such as the ability to port apps from fuel economisation, driver training and commercial and UBI space, including one OS to the other in order to modify them for preventative diagnostics to create the geospatial positioning, claims on the different cars ultimate solutions package move, and fleet route optimisation Latest information on which remote vehicle }}}Understand how to keep ahead of your } Learn how to create powerful solutions }} services such as pre-programmed navigation customer by building a flexible systems that harnesses vehicle and driver data in and vehicle servicing will unleash a fully architecture that is adaptable to suit levels of order to optimise back-end capabilities personalised service for the driver operational requirements in the fleet space for an efficient solution Ralf Lamberti, Director of Telematics,Pierre Sirolli, Chief Project Manager, Paul Reynolds, Automotive OEM Sales Mercedez BenzRenault Trucks Director EMEA, TelogisWalter Verhelst, Managing Director,Novacom Europe Reinvent Automotive Insurance: Daimler FleetBoard - Cutting- Harness Telematics to Improve theRemi Demerle, Director Global Partnerships,Telenor Connexion Edge Case Study Policy Holder PortfolioLudovico Maggiore, Vice President, ANIASA Commercial fleet operators demand solid The number of global insurance telematics users ROI from telematics solutions. This case will grow at a CAGR of 90% from 1.85 million inModerator: Mike Sena, President, study will fulfil this expectation. 2010 to 89 million in 2017. Explore the optionsMichael L Sena Consulting }How to unlock your client’s key business } when offering unique UBI solutions to build a requirements to deliver bespoke desirable and profitable customer portfolio.Accelerate Strategic Alliances with solutions such as FleetBoard Vehicle }} how to design and implement simple UBI Hear Management™ which monitors brakingFaster Time to Market behaviour, idle consumption etc. products and services that will win and retainLearn how to simplify and optimise processes more customers for a low-risk, low-claims Gauge the brand leverage that }} customer portfolioso that service providers may bring their integrated telematics solutions will give }} brand loyalty by establishing continuous Buildofferings to market quicker using interoperable end users and how you can use this communication and feedback channels bymodules across different geographies and information to position your solutions in offering VAS packages that include emergencyverticals. a cluttered marketplace services, roadside assistance and diagnostic, Discuss how TSPs benefit from collaboration}} Recognise the constraints and pressures }} stolen vehicle tracking and teen driver with component manufacturers that support on end-users and see how you can monitoring. in-band capabilities in order to address eCall present, integrate and deploy solutions Leverage Octo’s experiences to ensure your }} applications transparently to retain and win business insurance telematics solution captures market Witness how Telit helps different verticals and}} regions depending on the accuracy, satellite Philipp von Witzendorff , Head of Vehicle share, encourages customer retention and constellation (GPS, GLONASS, Compass) and Management and Sales Europe, reduces losses cellular technology required, ensuring faster Daimler FleetBoard Mauro Cantoni, Head of International Sales, communication speed and more visible Octo Telematics exposure}Tackle the urban canyons: Hear how } commercial fleet operators can synchronically view the location, speed, safety and activity of their fleets using probe technologyCyril Zeller, Director Global Sales, Telit Contact the Telematics Update team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (Global) +44 (0) 207 375 7585 or (US tf ) 1 800 814 3459 x 7585
8. TRACK 1 Content and Connectivity (cont.)Customer Relationship Bridging the Gap between OEMs Radio: The Forgotten ConnectionManagement: Telematics and App Developers Digital radio in the connected car will bring further revenue streams for OEMs. ThisRemains a Key Ally Ford SYNC leads as a solution to harness session will address the advantages thatTelematics is the key to reinventing the the connectivity of portable devices to the automobile. Now understand how digital radio offers; traffic info, advertisingcustomer experience. Address how telematics potential and models for efficiently deliveringsolutions will give drivers pride of ownership they continue to work with the developer community to bring smooth services to the data via a hybrid multi-channel approach.whilst giving OEMs and dealers the chance to customer and keep on top of distracted- Learn how user interface optimisation, }}align themselves with end user demands. driving issues. traffic and travel services, and a hybrid}Learn how CRM services will unlock the } of DAB terrestrial broadcast signal and IP value of vehicle ITC for both the OEM and }Understand how Applink enables } developers to write information to the radio connections can deliver value to the end the consumer using systems performance user data and real connected services head display, command and control apps through radio and steering wheel buttons Explore how to ensure interoperability }} Discuss the back-end requirements of}} and use vehicle data such as speed, GPS or between future digital and analogue media contemporary CRM systems and design fuel economy services to enhance the user experience your solutions to position them as key and provide a solid next gen infotainment messengers for integrating vehicle repair, Analyse the likelihood of standardised OS }} and APIs to allow for interoperability and platform servicing, parts supply and all automotive reduce development costs to entice 3rd Understand the impact of the ITS directive }} needs party developers to move towards the auto upon the radio industry and how this will in}Hear tips on engaging the dealer by } environment turn signify opportunity for the automotive increasing vehicle diagnostics feedback space and content aggregators rates and providing valuable dealer services Understand how AppLink makes the }} connection between app and SYNC Mark Friend, Controller, Multiplatform and to drive uptake of your solutions seamless and simple, using Bluetooth Interactive, BBCMauro Cantoni, Head of International Sales, streaming on paired smartphones and Christopher Kruse, CEO, 90elf, Radio CastOcto Telematics advance voice recognition technology Moderator: Laurence Harrison, DirectorMartin Rossell, Managing Director, Duncan Burrell, Connected Services and Technology and Marketing Dev,WirelessCar Solutions, Ford Europe Digital Radio UKAndrei Iordache, Advanced Product Planning,Kia Motors Europe China and Emerging Global The Changing Role of the Markets Wireless Carriers in Achieving Europe’s Most Focused The Chinese telematics industry alone is set to End-to-End Security Telematics Exhibition be worth more than $10 billion. This session addresses ways of formulating a business As more products become connected they are exposed to potential hacking attacks, Why not meet directly with your best strategy that ensures solid market presence in fraud or misusage. Hence improving privacy, prospects and clients at Telematics the world’s next automotive superpower and integrity and security becomes a critical part Munich? in other key emerging markets. of a M2M and connected service deployment Sign up now to secure the best booth }Make sense of the fragmented Chinese } program. to give your products and services the telematics ecosystem and assess the impact Examine how an end-to-end security }} competitive edge. of VAS (value added services) such as approach is fundamental for connected Contact Asif: T : +44 (0) 207 375 7585 remote vehicle diagnostics service environments and mobile E : email@example.com Formulate a strategy to tackle the }} communications challenges of subscription uptake and }} how possible hacking points in an Hear retention in China M2M connected service are addressed Discuss the evolution of the telematics }} to avoid security weaknesses in product community across LATAM and other key development geographies; ascertain the impact of recent Discuss optimised configuration and remote }} deals between OEMs and aftermarket I came, I saw, I learned. “ ” management of M2M devices as well as how providers across the entire ecosystem to scale up and add new capabilities in the David McClure, Director, SBD future Remi Demerle, Director Global Partnerships, Telenor Connexion Follow Telematics Update on @TelematicsUpdate For the latest ‘Telematics Munich’ announcements use #TUMUNICH
9. TRACK 4 Safety and MobilityBringing Apps into the Car: Smart Mobility and the The Future of Third Party eCallChallenges and Solutions Ultimate Connected With the industry still some three years away from a scheduled compulsory introduction of anThe automotive industry faces a rising demand Infrastructure emergency eCall by the European Commission,for seamless application integration as drivers In Europe, the cost of congestionwant to be able to use their favourite apps OEMs are starting to implement proprietary in terms of delay and wasted fuel systems that will comply with public eCall.while in the car. Explore the solutions to do this. negatively impacts the GDP by 3%.}Discuss what the automakers need such } Understand how to ensure third party eCall is still }} Understand how the ITS segment and as standardised APIs in order to ensure an of benefit for drivers and passengers once a EU OEMs can work together to develop agnostic app ecosystem for vehicles eCall is in place and explore steps such as working new standards, technology and with the EENA and European Commission, to}Understand how OEMs can still maintain } integrated systems approach interoperability for a mandate brand credibility when using open platforms }Understand how digital TPEG marks } and working with 3rd party app developers Discuss methods to deliver MSD (minimum set }} an improvement over RDS-TMC through use of OEM defined software of data) safely and efficiently through multiple analogue systems to deliver traffic developer kits (SDKs) communication methods such as using the information and enable better vehicle identification number (VIN) via a cell}Explore the viability of a mutually beneficial } navigation routing to allow OEMs to connection and the DTMF (Dual-tone multi- and collaborative automotive app store that offer wider services such as parking frequency signalling) method balances third party developer incentives with and fuel prices OEM branding concerns Compare and contrast the EU eCall architecture }} Discuss the use of extended floating }} to Russia’s ERA Glonass to ensure systemsVasiliy Suvorov, VP Technology Strategy, Luxoft car data to gather comprehensive compatibility and service coverage for European traffic situation information to vehicles in Russia and vice versa create content for different appDesigning superior HMIs: HTML5, services, such as detection of traffic Dieter Leimig, Product Manager ConnectedDrive, jams, slippery road sections and BMWSmartphone Integration and instantaneous traffic reports David McClure, Senior Analyst, SBDBeyond Outline the various roles played }}With apps becoming central to infotainment by OEMs, ITS players and roadand the issue of driver distraction ever V2X Technology - Advances in EU operators when it comes to buildingincreasing, automotive suppliers are interoperable platforms to support projectsdeveloping intelligent HMI solutions. the implementation of traffic Learn from the early movements of EuropeanUnderstand the changing paradigm of HMI in monitoring projects such as Drive C2X, CoCarX, simTD andthe automotive value chain SARTRE to form initial partnerships with OEMs and Derek Williams, Telematics}Highlight the HMI preferences of today’s } roadside operators and capitalize on infrastructure Programme Multimedia Product consumer such as proximity sensors, captive deployment opportunities Planning, Toyota Europe touch screens, voice recognition (E.g. Siri) and Explore how to enhance Car-2-Car deployment }} multimodal HMI infotainment solutions to Thomas Kusche, Senior Editor, WDR through joint usage of cellular communications engineer products to suit the European driver Martin Hauschild, Traffic Engineering and Wireless LAN to bring a range of core services}Explore the interaction between connectivity } and Traffic Management, BMW quickly to market e.g. stationary vehicle warning systems with other sub-systems in the car Moderator: Dr. Christine Lotz, Public Understand which current and future Car-2-Car }} (such as ADAS) and outside the car e.g. phone Authorities Representative, Travellers technologies, such as road train tech, will threaten tethering to create HMI solutions that aid Information Services Association or overlap with ADAS functionalities to gauge multiple connectivity (TISA) whom you need to partner with to prepare for}Assess the potential of new UI development } this shift tools such as HTML5 for enriching the user Discuss the road operator’s roles in implementing }} experience and boosting the automaker’s communication tech that can support road scope for intuitive HMI design by increasing network management and support collision their reach within the developer ecosystem avoidance activities to establish how OEMs andJoerg Luetzner, Interior Electronic Solutions, road operators will need to interact to support V2IContinental activitiesMatthew Staikos, Manager Web Tech, RIM Markus Bauer, Active Concepts and IntegratedVasiliy Suvorov, VP Technology Strategy, Luxoft Safety, BMWModerator: Luca De Ambroggi, Senior Analyst Tim Leinmueller, Info Safety EngineeringInfotainment, IHS iSuppli Department, DENSO Marko Wolf, Embedded Security, ESCRYPT Bernd Datler, Technical Director , ASFINAG Follow Telematics Update on @TelematicsUpdate For the latest ‘Telematics Munich’ announcements use #TUMUNICH
10. TRACK 5 Emerging Markets and TrendsThe Internet of Automobiles: The Future of Automotive Telematics across Horizontals:Automakers Connect with Connectivity, 2012 – 2019 Cross-Industry Intelligence andBig Data to Improve Urban With eCall legislation looming and Opportunities almost every vehicle manufacturer inMobility Europe taking a different route towards Telematics solutions are gaining momentumExplore the benefits of Big Data in outside the automotive vertical. This panel will offering connectivity in their vehicledelivering compelling intelligent driving reveal how other industries are using telematics line-up, how will the market look in theservices such as traffic, parking, fuel/EV and tech. and what bespoke demands they require for next 7 years?weather to improve urban mobility in ways operations. }Hear an overview of the key connected }that reduces the individual, economic and Understand the crucial features of prognostic }} hardware categories in the marketenvironmental toll of traffic congestion. telematics used outside the automotive space today and how sales of these systems}Learn how quality real-time speed data, } that deliver solid, quantitative ROI for end users will change over the next 7 years. event and incident data can be analysed Capitalise on the latest techniques in data }} }} discuss the core connectivity We with data from the vehicle CAN bus to analytics: How interpreting select vehicle business models within the telematics deliver better navigation experiences intelligence has saved six figure sums in industry today and which aspects of Discover how rapidly advancing}} preventative measures across fleets of vehicles, their strategy have rewarded them with techniques of artificial intelligence like aircraft and marine vessels in order to optimise heightened revenue streams predictive analytics, pattern recognition your service offering }} automotive app stores from a See and machine learning are the catalyst for Where is telematics going outside automotive? }} consumer’s perspective. Will consumers a new generation of navigation apps and We analyse recent trends in increased uptake be interested in mimicking their CE life services of solutions in the transport, marine and in the car, and will they be willing to}Understand what different real-world } construction industries and the strong value pay for such an experience? OEM approaches of integrating proposition Jack Bergquist, Senior Analyst, smartphone connectivity and apps into Peter Foote, Executive Scientist, BAE Systems IMS Research (IHS) the car means for the future of navigation Chris Thompson, Technology Programme Leader,Panel Host: Andreas Hecht, GM and VP of GE EnergyAutomotive, INRIX Attract Investors to Your Michael Dietmar, Vice President Ocean Operations,Go to www.telematicsmunich.com to Solutions DB Schenkerreview the full list of panellists We analyse the factors that help Moderator: Tim Cavanaugh, Director, SBC Global technology investors in their strategic decisions, including a discussion on mergers, additional funding, and Telematics for Electric Vehicles building cross-industry partnerships Consumer ‘range anxiety’ and lengthy charging periods are just two of the challenges that the EV }Address the motives of technology } industry must overcome. Discover how telematics investors who inject funding into can be used for EVs to address these challenges. telematics enterprises; secure additional funding and build cross- }} to personalise LBS applications such as How industry partnerships. traffic, weather etc. with EV applications such as remote charging to offer enhanced performance Discuss which devices such as tablets }} and range and cloud-based services will alter investment decisions to ensure your Discuss privacy and data security concerns and }} business strategy is solid ascertain how to communicate to customers the benefit of giving up the data that is paramount to Evaluate investment trends and }} effective EV management other telematics horizontals such as m-Health, connected homes that are Analyse the role of telematics as the enabler }} gaining momentum for smart charging infrastructure and the requirements of an integrated billing, accounting, Matt Spetzler, Principal, smart metering and back-end solutions package Francisco Partners Herbert Halamek, Key Project Manager eMobility Solutions, Continental Olivier Paturet, General Manager Zero Emissions As always, TU Munich provided a Strategy, Nissan Europe “ very professional programme. ” Moderator: Eric Hannon, Engagement Manager, McKinsey Company Follow Telematics Update on @TelematicsUpdate For the latest ‘Telematics Munich’ announcements use #TUMUNICH
11. All Passes Include:Telematics Munich 2012 Opening Keynote Plenary Sessions 5 Focused Conference Tracks Full Access to Exhibition FloorOctober 29th-30th, 2012 Hilton Munich Park Hotel, Munich, Germany Structured, Topic Specific Networking Networking Cocktail Party, LunchesREGISTER NOW IN 3 EASY STEPS Coffee Breaks Access to Online Networking Suite for 4 months 1. Select Your Registration Package Post-Conference Presentation Slides Pass Features DIAMOND PASS GOLD PASS SILVER PASS *AUTO OEM PASS Telematics Update Market Intelligence report of your choice* (worth €1795) Access to post conference audio recordings Access to presentation slides post conference (NB: some slides may not be available at the request of the speaker and their company) Full access to conference, workshops and exhibition uper Early Bird Price - Save €400 S Expires August 10th €2595 €1495 €1395 €795 arly Bird Price - Save €200 E Expires September 7th €2795 €1695 €1595 €995 ast Chance Price - Save €100 L Expires October 5th €2895 €1795 €1695 €1095 Full price €2995 €1895 €1795 €1195* N.B. Reserved for bona fide Automotive OEMs only. We hand process registrations so all non-Automotive OEMs should opt for a silver pass and above.Group Discounts *A Telematics Munich diamond pass includes a newContact the Telematics Update team on business intelligence report:(global) +44 (0) 207 375 7585 (UStf) 1 800 8143 459 x 7585 firstname.lastname@example.org This year you can select the report most relevant to your business. Choose from: `` The Human Machine Interface Report 2012 editionSponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities `` The In-Vehicle Smartphone Integration Report Find out moreWe have a number of different options available to suit your business. `` The Fleet Asset Management Report www.telematicsupdate.comFind out more from Asif Naqvi: email: email@example.com `` The Future for Insurance Telematics: Smart Vehicle or email Charlotte Wright at: Technology firstname.lastname@example.orgCall: +44 (0) 207 375 7585 2. Enter Attendee details Discount Code:Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr: First name: Last name: ONLINECompany: This is your unique discount code, use it Position/Title: online or via this form to get an extra €50 offTelephone: Fax: Email: Address: Postcode: Country: 3. Payment Options I enclose a cheque/draft for: Credit card number: (Payable to FC Business Intelligence Ltd) Expiry date: Security number: Please invoice my company: Name on card: Purchase Order Number: Signature: Please charge my credit card: Amex Visa Mastercard CALL (global) +44 (0) 207 375 7585 or MORE (US tf ) 1 800 814 3459 x 7585 FAX THIS FORM BACK TO WAYS TO FAX: +44 (0) 207 375 7576 +44 (0) 207 375 7576 REGISTER EMAIL: email@example.com ONLINE: www.telematicsupdate.com/munichTERMS CONDITIONS Places are transferable without any charge. Cancellations before September 17th, 2012 incur obliged to charge the full fee. The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the programme without notice.an administrative charge of 25%. If you cancel your registration after September 17th, 2012 we will be obliged NB: FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE EVENT.to charge the full fee. Please note – you must notify Telematics Update in writing of a cancellation, or we will be Visit www.telematicsmunich.com for more event information Contact the Telematics Munich team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (Global) +44 (0) 207 375 7585 or (US tf ) 1 800 814 3459 x 7585
12. SAVE €400Organized by: EUROPE’S PREMIER GATHERING FOR THE MOBILE, DIGITAL, CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIES when you register before August 10th. Priority code inside. www.telematicsupdate.com/munichTelematics Munich 2012October 29th-30th, 2012 Hilton Munich Park Hotel, Munich, GermanyTelematics as the Strategic Auto Ally: Position ConnectedServices as the Competitive Lure to Unlock Revenue StreamsPowerful Reasons To Attend Telematics Munich 2012 Industry Reviews about Telematics Munich1 G ET THE LATEST INFORMATION AND ANALYSIS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. With access to exclusive keynote sessions and 5 focused Conference tracks, you’ll gain more in just 2 days than from weeks of market research. Your business will SAVE money and see An exciting event through “ immediate results by involving you in a forum where the future of telematics is discussed “ the mix of panels, meetings and and finalised. industry learnings.2 EXPERT SPEAKERS. The leading minds from all telematics specialities are hand-picked to share their vision and insight at Telematics Munich. Profit from this knowledge and create powerful new strategies to overcome your business challenges. The conference3 “ U NRIVALLED NETWORKING. Claim your seat at the table with all the key industry decision-makers to ensure you leave Munich with your briefcase full of valuable was invaluable - extremely contacts. Plus benefit from 4 months use of our online networking centre to ensure you professionally run, delivered secure one-to-one meetings with hard-to-reach executives! relevant content through4 S ENIOR LEVEL DECISION MAKERS IN ATTENDANCE. Rub shoulders with 600+ leading telematics executives from pan-Europe and abroad to give your commercial enterprise a truly global perspective. knowledgeable speakers and “ presented excellent networking opportunities.5 NO SALES PITCHES! Telematics Munich is an independently researched forum committed to equipping you with the tools and expertise to drive your business forward. Every single presentation is rigorously reviewed to ensure an unrivalled high quality. TU Munich is a great physical NEW IMPROVED FOR 2012! “ portal for us to meet colleagues face to face struggling with the 600+ attendees 35+ vital industry projects 20+ hours of unrivalled same issues and opportunities “ 5 focused tracks 60+ of the most knowledgeable networking on how to implement the best Our biggest expo yet telematics speakers services. conference Exhibition SCAN NOW 600+ senior level executives come together Europe’s most focused exhibition boasts of for exclusive keynote sessions, 5 focused 40+ exclusive booths, multiple demos and brand TO FIND tracks, and unrivalled networking to engage new product launches. Connect, network and learn OUT MORE in high level business discussions that will set at the floor. INFORMATION the pace for telematics in the future!Knowledge Partners: Open Now to view the full conference programme visit www.telematicsupdate.com/munich