• MS Producer is a free add on to
PowerPoint XP that allows you
to quickly and easily combine
video with your PowerPoint
• Video basics
• Personal narration of
• Narration of pre –existing video
• Video screen capture
• Individual practice
ProducerFile and Folder
Getting Video to Use
• DV Cam
• Web cam
• Video capture
• Screen Video
• Streaming video sites
Size Comparison for a 3 Minute Video
Raw .avi 603 MB
Compressed .mpg 45 MB
.wmv 5 MB
Dell hard drive
Size in MB
• Create your own narration
(audio or video) to go along with
a PowerPoint show.
Narrate Pre-existing video
• Take any video clip and
construct a PowerPoint show to
narrate it or explain how it fits
into the curriculum.
• You can use Producer to capture
video footage of on-screen
actions. This is a great training
• Use screen capture to demonstrate
and describe a web site that you
use in your class.
• Add a narration to PowerPoint you
or one of your teachers used this
• Find a video clip that you would like
to show in your class and create a
PowerPoint show that explains it.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.