1. Holy HumorA father was approached by his smallson who told him proudly, "I knowwhat the Bible means!"His father smiled and replied, "What doyou mean, you know what the Biblemeans?"The son replied, "I do know!""Okay, said his father. "So, son, whatdoes the Bible mean?""Thats easy, Daddy. It stands for BasicInformation Before Leaving Earth."========
2. Sunday after church, a Mom asked hervery young daughter what the lesson wasabout.The daughter answered, "Dont bescared, youll get your quilt."Needless to say, the Mom was perplexed.Later in the day, the pastor stopped by fortea, and the Mom asked him what thatmornings Sunday school lesson wasabout.He said "Be not afraid, thy comforter iscoming."
3. When things get tough
4. Ps 1313 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?How long will You hide Your face from me?2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,Having sorrow in my heart daily?How long will my enemy be exalted over me?3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God;Enlighten my eyes,Lest I sleep the sleep of death;4 Lest my enemy say,"I have prevailed against him";Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.6 I will sing to the Lord,Because He has dealt bountifully with me.NKJV
5. Matt 27:4646 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried outwith a loud voice, saying, " Eli, Eli, lamasabachthani? "that is," My God, My God, whyhast Thou forsaken Me? "He forsook his Son WHY?Can He forsake us?? WHY?
6. Heb 13:5-6Make sure that your character is free from the love ofmoney, being content with what you have; for He Himselfhas said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL IEVER FORSAKE YOU," 6 so that we confidently say,"THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID.WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"
7. Eternal perspectiveNever forget us never forsake usIsa 49:15-1615 "Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,walk away from the baby she bore?But even if mothers forget,Id never forget you — never.16 Look, Ive written your nameson the backs of my hands.The walls youre rebuilding arenever out of my sight.
8. Isa 59:1919 So shall they fearThe name of the Lord from the west,And His glory from the rising of the sun;When the enemy comes in like a flood,The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standardagainst him.1 John 4:44 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcomethem: because greater is he that is in you, than hethat is in the world.
9. 3 Consider and hear me, O Lord myGod;Enlighten my eyes,Lest I sleep the sleep of death;4 Lest my enemy say,"I have prevailed against him";Lest those who trouble me rejoicewhen I am moved.5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;My heart shall rejoice in Yoursalvation.6 I will sing to the Lord,Because He has dealt bountifullywith me.
10. Ps 3:3-83 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,My glory and the One who lifts up my head.4 I cried to the Lord with my voice,And He heard me from His holy hill.Selah5 I lay down and slept;I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of peopleWho have set themselves against me all around.7 Arise, O Lord; Save me, O my God!For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone;You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.8 Salvation belongs to the Lord.Your blessing is upon Your people.
11. 3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep ofdeath,4 And my enemy will say, "I have overcomehim,"And my adversaries will rejoice when I amshaken.5 But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.6 I will sing to the Lord,Because He has dealt bountifully with me