Be the first to like this
Content strategy is, undoubtedly, a hot topic these days. A lot is being said that spans the range from concerns regarding the ability to display content on any device to the ability to drive engagement and increase traffic through better content creation and social media strategies. In this presentation we will connect the dots between these issues and practical Drupal site-building concerns with tools that are readily available now.
We will show, through specific examples and references to available modules, how different approaches to content strategy can be practically implemented on Drupal sites. The aim is to equip Drupal site-builders with a handy toolkit that will allow them to both implement a content strategy for their sites as well as better exchange information with content strategists.
The examples will include:
- Different approaches to building content types so as to empower content creators to create a range of different structures.
- Best practices in using vocabularies (fixed, open, user-generated, moderated, etc) or where alternative categorization methods may be relevant.
We will also discuss:
- Editorial calendars and scheduling.
- The true benefit of workflows (and how, sometimes, they can be a disadvantage).
- Analytics and how the ability to measure the effects of any strategy is as important as defining the strategy itself.
Attendees will go away with practical examples and techniques that they can apply to their sites as well as a better understanding of what content strategy really is and how they can use it to improve their sites.
The examples are a result of our own experiences in helping both clients develop their content strategy as well as applying it on italymagazine.com, an in-house product of ours. We grew italymagazine.com to a relevant online digital brand with a strong community by expressing our content strategy ideas through the tools that Drupal 7 made available to us. The resulting ~250% increase in traffic over 3 months is a testament to both the value of a content strategy as well as the power of Drupal to allow you to flexibly and iteratively support it.