1958 – Frank and Dan Carney open the first Pizza Hut in Wichita, Kansas.1972 - 1000 restaurants are open throughout the USA.1973 - Pizza Hut went international.1977 - PepsiCo merged Pizza Hut.1982 - JV between PepsiCo and Whitbread.
• 1997 - Pepsi Moved aside for Drinks and Tricon Global Came into being.• 2002 - Tricon Global became YUM! Brands Inc.• 2006 – WB sold their share of the JV to Yum!• 2008 - Bought Godfathers Pizza in Ireland with 28 stores.
• Type : Wholly owned Subsidiary• Founded : Wichita, Kansas, USA, 1958• Headquarter : Addison, Texas, USA• Founder : Dan and Frank Carney• CEO : Michael Gian• Slogan : WHAT ARE YOU CELEBRATING TODAY?• Employees : 300,000+• Website : http://www.pizzahut.com
• Two brothers of the American heartland borrowed $600from their mother to open the first Pizza Hut restaurant in1958. Fifteen years later, the first international location – onestore set in Canada – opened.• Pizza Hut is considered the largest pizza restaurant chain inthe world, operating in more than 100 countries.• Pizza Hut entered India in 1996, and opened its first restaurant in Bangalore.
• “To be the best pizza for every pizza occasion”• “Alone we are delicious, Together we are YUM!”• We are P.E.A.R.L.S PASSION for excellence in Doing everything EXECUTE with positive energy and need ACCOUNTABLE for growth in customer satisfaction RECOGNIZE the achievement of others and have fun doing it LISTEN and more importantly, respond to the voice of the customer.
• Pizza hut are the worlds largest user of cheese. Pizza Hut uses morethan 300 million pounds of cheese annually.• Pizza Hut purchases more than 3 percent of all cheese production inthe United States , which requires a herd of about 170,000 dairy cowsto produce it.• They also use 700 million pounds of pepperoni and 525 million poundof tomatoes in one year.• In 2001 Pizza Hut sponsored a pizza delivery to the internationalspace station.
• Pizza Hut Delivered Pizza to space in Year 2001 Which made them More Famous and a New Slogan came into Being that : “WHEREVER THERE IS LIFE, THERE WILL BE PIZZA HUT PIZZA”
• Pizza Hut‟s marketing strategy is very simple: “we want to satisfy our customer by offering them the best.”• C.H.A.M.P.S (Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product quality and Speed)• 2F‟s (Friendly and Familiar)
• Providing uncompromising product quality, offering customers the highest value for money and giving service that is warm, friendly and personal.• Unique dining experience.• “Customer mania” - the kind of service that ensures that every visit of the customer is a memorable one.
• Segmentation is: • Identifying areas where people have high disposable income. The Segments Pizza Hut is Working on Youth Dual Career Families Age 12-30 Years
• Geographic segmentation – Localize products, advertising, promotion and sales efforts to fit the needs of the individual areas and cities e.g. Products and Promotion in India about Cow Meat etc.• Psychographic segmentation – Dividing the market into different groups based on social class, life style or personality characteristics e.g. Choosing Prices for Products as 499 or 699
• Target market : – Target market is Middle Level & Upper Middle Class.• College graduates : Spending habits of college freshmen also indicates a high percentage of money being spent on non-essential items
• Pizza hut has done their positioning in the target market by keeping in view two basic factors: – Quality – Frequency• Worldwide and in India, Pizza Hut has come to become synonymous with the ‘Best pizzas under one roof‘• Crew members customer mania„ which makes Customers Unique dining experience. e.g. Service
Price• Pizza Hut has successfully used the high/low pricing strategy when setting the retail price of its products.• Pan Pizzas start at just Rs 65..• Pizza hut is using Low price for meal and expensive for high end.
Promotion Indian toppings and vegetarian pizzas• Advertising through Bill Boards TV Ads Pamphlets• World‟s 1st 100 % vegetarian Pizza Hut - Ahmedabad, Surat and Mumbai‟s Chowpatty.• Special Jain menu sans root-based ingredients.• First to deliver Pizza in OUTER SPACE.
Place The ambience is vibrant and casual which appeals to young people.• The seats, couches are comfortable to sit.• Having 34,000 outlets in 100 Countries.• Major Airports & Shopping Mall.• Nice music is being played in the background.• Last but not the least- THE BELL - The pizza hut tradition to say thank you when you ring the bell.
• Restaurant Manager• Delivery Crew Member• Other Staff
Physical Evidence• Cleanliness, speed, quality and transparency• Attractive interiors• Extra care is given to make the joints children friendly• Various Entertainment – Play areas for kids – Music
Process Ready tocook frozen Initiator Processingfood material Delivery to Serving Counter Customer
High Pan Pizza Exotica Garlic BreadMarket Growth Rate Low Indian Flavors Pizza Cheesy Bites Pizza High Low Market share
Pizza Hut :“Think Global act Local” First to introduce localized menu.• Known For QualityDomino’s :“Think local act regional” First to offer country wide Hunger helpline.• Known for fast delivery “30 Minutes nahi toh free”
Good Quality Food• Strengths Brand Identity• Weaknesses• Opportunities ISO Certified• Threats Full service dining as well as delivery services Birthday Parties
Parking Facilities• Strengths Advertisings are very less• Weaknesses• Opportunities Still Fewer Outlets• Threats No CSR Mostly in Urban
More outlets should be open• Strengths• Weaknesses More Attractive Environment• Opportunities• Threats Attractive offers should be introduced Diversify in Products for Taste as McDonalds
• Strengths Many competitors entered in India – Domino‟s, Papa jones etc and charge low price than pizza hut.• Weaknesses• Opportunities• Threats Ethnic Foods