2. Rodney may be moving• Family reasons• Head back closer to kids and grandkids• House is now on the market• Finish as President of the Rotary Club ofRushden at the end of June• Implications for this Group........• Any volunteers as Group Leader?
5. CENSUSESCIVIL BMDRECORDSAbout 1840PARISHRECORDSGENES REUNITEDGENUKI , FHS, GOONS, ETCGOOGLE, ROOTSWEB and OTHER LISTSAncestry.co.ukLDS 1881Findmypast.comFreeBMDAncestryFindmypast.comUKBMDLocal BMDsitesLDS MicroficheLDS Family Search
6. Welcome• Welcome• Blog update, have a look at:• http://rodneysgenealogyblog.blogspot.co.uk/• Stuff from me• Father Joe Walsh• Stuff from you!
7. Obtained via the U3A FamilyHistory Group Leaders Forum7 pages of it, I will include in the meeting notes
8. London Gardens• London Gardens Online has an enormousamount of information about parks, gardens,churchyards and cemeteries in the GreaterLondon area - there are over 2500 locations.
9. Have you considered.....• Check your older research - does it need updating or revisingin the light of newly-published or newly-discovered data?• When I started to research my family tree in 2002 there waslittle information available online, and many people havebeen researching even longer than I have. I suspect,therefore, that like me there are parts of your tree where youcould add lots of extra information now that there are somany online resources.
10. Have you considered.....• Focus on a different line• We all tend to focus on particular ancestral lines, often our paternal line or our mothers paternal line. This is understandable - after all, theyre the surnames that were most familiar with - yet in terms of who we are, our other ancestors are just as important. Why not research at least one of the forgotten lines - you may be surprised at what you discover.
11. Have you considered.....• Learn a new technique • When we first start our research were forced to learn new ways of doing things, because we dont have any old ways of doing them. But over time we tend to stick to what we know, often shying away from learning new ways of doing things - especially if it means accepting that the old ways arent quite good enough. For you it might mean going back over your research and noting the source of the information, even if it is a secondary source (such as someone elses tree). Theres nothing worse than being unable to answer the question "Where did that information come from?”