About Fox Interactive Media, Inc. (FIM)
A division of News Corporation, Fox Interactive Media (FIM) is a next generation media
company committed to meeting the demands of today's digital consumer by bridging the
worlds of established and self generated media. The FIM online network is an integrated
platform of leading sites - across entertainment, sports, and lifestyle - that enable
consumers to connect around shared interests, create and consume media, and live
their lives on the web.
One of the key FIM sites is MySpace.
MySpace, the next generation portal and the UK’s 4th most actively trafficked site on the
Web (February 2007 comscore/MediaMetrix UK Panel), is looking for dynamic people to
join our team. MySpace has revolutionised the way people interact, communicate, and
discover pop culture. Our global community has more than 185 million profiles, with
more than 12 million in Europe.
People use MySpace to meet friends, find and discover entertainment, listen to new
bands/music, blog, plan and find events, play games, and participate in user forums and
groups. It enables users to express themselves, put their lives online, and share with
others. It gives artists unique tools needed to build fan bases and a captive audience to
market to through networking. MySpace is a distinctive environment for fans and artists,
a place where creativity and independence thrives.
The following position is available at MySpace UK. The position is demanding and fast
paced, requiring an individual who thrives in a start up environment. MySpace is looking
for smart, dynamic, and assertive employees looking for an opportunity to grow and
succeed. This position is based in London, UK.
• Manager, Content Acquisition – Europe
Manager, Content Acquisition - Europe
This is a key role within the Video team. The European Video Team’s guiding mission is
to drive customer acquisition, retention and usage by growing traffic to, and building the
brand of, MySpaceTV, across Europe to ensure the monetization of video for MySpace.
Success requires delivery of optimum content to MySpace users, effective management
of relationships with content partners and ensuring advertisers are satisfied with the
delivery and reception of advertising on MySpaceTV.
Working with the European Video Team to develop and execute the content strategy for
video and premium entertainment in Europe. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Identify targets for and support deal negotiations in acquiring content such as
video, TV & film with primary focus on web but also looking at “360” opportunities
(web, mobile, ipTV)
• Demonstrated understanding of the greater media landscape from premium
content to user generated content creator’s perspective in order to help build a
diverse suite of content on MySpace that reflects the brand
• Working with European Country Teams on local content deals, providing best-
practice support and guidance
• Identify new content or video opportunities/products for MySpaceTV for
presentation to the Director of Entertainment and Video
• Working with the business and commercial teams to exploit revenue
opportunities in content / video
• Co-ordinate with Legal to ensure contracts that manage corporate risks and
• Work with Legal, Finance, and the Business to determine the overall process by
which FIM secures and develops content
Marketing, PR and Content Partner Relationship Management
• Key contributor to developing marketing strategies for MySpaceTV brand and the
MySpace Video Player both on and off MySpace and with our content partners
• Build and manage relationships with Pan European content partners, music
labels/artists, comedians, filmmakers and entertainment content partners
• Developing and extending the MySpaceTV brand into new content formats and
onto new platforms (including Direct to Drive)
• Work closely with European Country Teams’ PR firms to optimize PR around
• Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to track video growth metrics
and to ensure satisfactory reporting to Pan European content partners
• Coordinate with US and other International video teams to ensure European
interests are represented in global, other regional or US generated content
opportunities, new product features and advertising solutions
• Create innovative new content based marketing opportunities for MySpaceTV or
other entertainment initiative for presentation to the Director of Entertainment and
• Graduate with around 8-10 years marketing experience with at least 3-5 years
which are gained with a major online publisher / portal or media / content
• Content development or creative acquisition experience at media / content
organization or major online publisher / portal
• Professionalism and highly developed relationship management skills
• Ability to create partnerships with, but also to challenge, senior managers to
improve business outcomes
• Strong written communication and excellent oral presentation skills, confident to
present convincingly at senior levels
• Ability to work on multiple projects with strong attention to detail
• Tastemaking sensiblitliy, creativity and pop culture
• A highly committed team player, very flexible, and able to work to tight deadlines
• French / German / Spanish / Italian language skills useful
• Astute, energetic and ambitious
* this position will involve travel
You must be eligible to be resident and entitled to work in the country in which the
position is located. Accordingly, you must have legal rights to work in the relevant
country before you make the application - we do not provide sponsorship.
MySpace offers an exciting work environment with plenty of opportunities for career
advancement, and a comprehensive benefit package. The position reports to the
Director of Video and Entertainment, Europe. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email email@example.com with ‘Manager, Content Acquisition – Europe’ in
subject line to submit your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we will only make contact with
you should we wish to take your application further.