1. This Book is Not Good For You By: Pseudonymous Bosch Julianne Severyn Reading-Roche 3rd Period 5/11/12
2. Pseudonymous Bosch: Biography Pseudonymous Bosch is the writer of the secret series. He likes to keep his name a secret. Not a lot is known about this anonymous man. He is hiding his identity away from the midnight sun.http://thenameofthiswebsiteissecret.com
3. Summary In this book, Cass’s mom gets taken away from her by a member of the Midnight Sun, Senor Hugo. He promises Cass he will bring her mother back if she gives him the tuning fork but when Cass gave him the tuning fork, he still held Cass’s mom captive. Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yo-Yoji, who are part of the terces society, go to find them. They track the midnight sun to a chocolate plantation in a zoo. The kids were starving and there were three pieces of chocolate laying out in front of them. Cass and Yo-Yoji ate but Max-Ernest did not. It turns out that the chocolate was a trap. Max-Ernest watched his friends fall down in agony. Yo-yoji turned into a samurai. When Max-Ernest finally found Yo-Yoji, and became his master. Max-Ernest could tell Yo-Yoji to do anything. The midnight sun gave Cass a special type of chocolate that was supposed to tell her the secret, so she could tell the midnight sun. When she said she did not know, they locked her up in an animal cage, right next to her mother. Will they return home safe? Will Yo-Yoji turn back? Will they get the tuning fork? Read the book to find out.
4. CharactersMain Characters Cass- This survivalist was given up at birth so she could be protected from the midnight sun. Although she might not be popular, she participates in a secret society, the Terces Society. She is a great friend and rarely afraid. Max-Ernest- He might not be popular either, but he too participates in the Terces Society. His parents are divorced but now are making progress liking each other again. He is sensitive and believes he is allergic to everything. Yo-Yoji- Yo-Yoji is an Asian who recently moved to the United States. He loves the guitar. He is in the Terces Society also.
5. CharactersMinor Characters Cass’s Mom- Cass’s Mom loves Cass. Cass means the world to her. She was given Cass by two old silly men she knew. She cares about Cass so much and is always worried about her. Ms. Mauvais- She is one of the main people in charge of the Midnight Sun. She is cruel and doesn’t care about anything other than herself and the secret. Dr. L- Dr. L is also one of the main people in charge of the Midnight Sun. He is also cruel. He is Pietro’s evil twin brother. Pietro- He is one of the main people in charge of the Terces Society. Dr. L’s twin brother
6. PlotIntroduction Cass and Max-Ernest were looking in Cass’s “grandfather’s” store of boxes. Cass and her mother go to a cooking class and Cass’s mother has a crush on the chief, Senor Hugo. While in the cooking class Cass by accidently mentioned the tuning fork, which she should not have because it is secret information and Senor Hugo seems very interested about it. Senor Hugo invites them to go to his restaurant, El Castillo da la Noche, which is pitch black.Rising Action When they go to Senor Hugo’s restaurant, Cass’s mom is missing and Cass receives a note from Senor Hugo saying that to get her Mom back she would need to give him the tuning fork in two days time. She could not tell a soul. Cass brings Senor Hugo the tuning fork but he still will not give her mother back. Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yo-Yoji track down where the midnight sun is.
7. PlotClimax The three kids go to where the midnight sun is hiding, a chocolate plantation. The kids were starving and all but Max-Ernest took the laid out chocolate which was a trap for them. They both crumpled in pain and Yo-Yoji mentally changed into a samurai. The midnight sun captured all but Max-Ernest, but they did not think anything of it.
8. PlotFalling Action The midnight sun feeds Cass a weird type of chocolate that made her see her with the Jester. After her dream, they ask her if she knows the secret and Cass said she did not. Cass gets locked up in an animal cage right next doors to her mother. Max-Ernest becomes Yo-Yoji’s master. With his translator, Max-Ernest tells Yo-Yoji what to do, and each time Yo-Yoji executes his task.Conclusion Yo-Yoji’s task is to fight Senor Hugo, while the other members ran away. This time everyone helps out. The Terces Society gets the tuning fork and Cass’s Mom back. Everyone goes home safe and sound. Cass finds out she is the secret keeper. This means she is the one person who is to know the Terces Society secret.
9. New Vocabulary Amuse-bouche - v. an appetizer before a meal “It will be like a prologue, an amuse-bouche, if you will- something to tickle your palate before the real meal arrives.” pg. 5 Palette d’Or- n. Disk of gold “ A palette d’Or, he called it.” pg.9 Bushido- n. code of Japanese He had memorized the samurai’s Bushido. Pg. 42 Involuntary- adj. unintentional; unconscious Cass and Max-Ernest both took involuntary steps backward. Pg. 44 Collateral- n. security pledged for the payment of a loan “She’s my collateral, after all.” pg. 154
10. Starring Actors Cass played by: Max-Ernest Elle Fanning played by: Chandler Canterbury
11. Starring Actors Yo-Yoji played by: Cass’s mom Noah Ringer played by: Amanda Peet
12. Starring Actors Ms. Mauvais played by: Dr. L played by: Amy Poehler Charles Esten
13. Starring ActorsPietro played by: Laurie Hugh
14. Soundtrack Tunes I would have this play in the part right before Cass and Yo-Yoji eat the chocolate.- Clap Clap A Choco Choco C’mon, A Choco Choco - Clap Clap A Choco Choco - Slap Slap A Choco Choco - Slap Slap A Choco Choco - Clap Clap Everybody Say A Chocolate A Choco Choco - Slap Slap A Choco Choco - Clap Clap A Choco Choco - Clap Clap A Choco Choco - Slap Slap A Choco Choco - Slap Slap Everybody Say A Chocolate Everybody Say Un, Dos, Un, Dos, Tres Chocolate (A Choco Choco) A Chocolate Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Un, Dos, Tres Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Now Wave To The People On The Left Hand Side Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Now Wave To The People On The Right Hand Side Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Chocolate (A Choco Choco) Now Wave To The People With Your Pretty Backside Now We Do It All Again And We Feel Alright (Feel Alright...)
15. Rating I rated This Book is Not Good For You a Five out of five stars rating I rated this book five out of five stars. I loved this book. It was full or mystery. A surprise was lurking around every corner. There were a lot of twists and turns that made the book more interesting. I recommend this book to those of you who like adventure and mystery.
16. RecommendationsOther books by Pseudonymous Bousch The Name of This Book is Secret If You’re Reading This it’s Too LateOther books like this The Secret Benedict Society