Company Hitachi Data Systems www.hds.com
Job Title: Software Channel Sales Account Manager
Salary 60,000- 100,000 Euros based on experience + Bonus OTE.
Benefits Car Allowance + Hard Soft Benefits
Plans, directs and coordinates software channel sales activities for promotion of HDS Systems Management
Software in Americas/EMEA/APAC by performing the following duties personally or through colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manages relationships with software resellers to drive revenue of IT Operations Software to end-user
2. Responsible for partner satisfaction with HDS and associated channel enablement activities.
3. Develops and implements strategic sales programs that align the software channel, for promotion and
sale of HDS System Management Software and ISV applications to medium business customers.
4. Aids in development and implementation of channel sales and technical training for promotion of System
Management Software and ISV applications.
5. Personally supports channel by directly interfacing with channel partners and meeting with key
customers to present technical reviews, demonstrations, initial requirement gathering, and assisting
partner sales representative with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
6. Advises software channel concerning sales and advertising techniques and works with channel
marketing in development of channel partner go to market strategies.
7. Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates in design of
sales programs to aid channel partners in market penetration.
8. Provides sales forecasting for assigned sales territory.
9. Drives and manages metrics to gauge program sales and return on sales promotion success.
10. Represents HDS at trade association meetings and shows to promote system management software
and ISV applications.
11. Acts and coordinates as liaison between sales, marketing, programming and technical support and the
software channel in design and promotion of HDS system management software and ISV applications.
12. Prepares regular sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed channel
13. Aids in product research and development through subject matter expertise and customer input.
14. Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and an expert
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Degree in Business management or related field. MBA preferred.
• Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate at all
levels of an organization.
• 7-10 years minimum in channel software sales and management
• 7 – 10 years of experience in system management software distribution, implementation and
• 5 – 10 years of software channel training and support experience specifically in system
management software and / or related packages.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Superior soft skills and ability to bridge internal and external elements to drive specific goals. Superior
ability to work in a matrix organization and lead cross-functional teams..
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work in a geographically-dispersed organization.
• Sales oriented
• Technical foundation
• Flexible, embraces challenges associated with change.
Please note that I am looking for German based candidates with a solid understanding of the IT Service/
Software market place that meets the above criteria. Due to the high level of applications I will only be in
contact with candidates that meet the brief. Please send your CV and contact details to
firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks in advance.