• Save
Evaluation Question 4
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Evaluation Question 4

on

  • 248 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
248
Views on SlideShare
164
Embed Views
84

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

2 Embeds 84

http://robertwragga2media.blogspot.co.uk 83
http://robertwragga2media.blogspot.com 1

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Evaluation Question 4 Evaluation Question 4 Presentation Transcript

  • This is how I used Photoshop to edit my photos for my ancillary 1) Firstly I opened the image and pressed ‘Ctrl’ and ‘J’ to replicate the layer 2) I then right clicked the image and selected ‘Convert to Smart Object’
  • 3) The first adjustment took meto ‘Filter’, ‘Other’ then ‘HighPass’, this increases the contrastof the image, particularlyaround the outline of the star. 4) After that, I changed the blending mode to overlay and began work on the overall contrast of the image. I did this by creating an adjustment layer and selecting ‘Brightness/Contrast’. I then set the contrast.
  • 5) I then created anotheradjustment layer, this time Iadjusted the curves, which isvery crucial as it alters the threemain colours, red, green andblue . 6) I then started to work on adjusting the RGB levels. Through trial and error small adjustments worked best, so I slightly increased the highlights and shadows for the reds, kept the greens fairly neutral and marginally adjusted the highlights and shadows for the blues. View slide
  • 7) I then started work on 8) I chose toadding a bit more colourto the image. So I began use a strongto do this by creating a pink for thenew layer. foreground colour, it is strong, but I adjust this later 9) I then selected the ‘Paint Bucket Tool’ and clicked on the layer. View slide
  • Progress so far-10) I then changedthe blending modeto screen andchanged the opacityto 20%. 11) The last step made the colour in the image a bit too strong, so I sorted this by creating another adjustment layer by clicking ‘Hue/Saturation’ and bringing the saturation to -20, making the image look a little older.
  • 12) For the next step I copied the layer again and turned it into a smart object. Tomake the image look a bit more older, I clicked on ‘Filter’, ‘Noise’ then ‘Add Noiseand placed the value around 9%, so the differences were visible.
  • 13) For the last step I just wanted to slightly darken the edges so I went into‘Filter’, ‘Lens Correction’ then clicked on the ‘Custom’ tab. When in thecustom tab I reduced the ‘Amount’ to around -40 and clicked OK.
  • Before After
  • Building my posterThe layout I chose for my poster required me to put text over a background whichhelped build my colour scheme and create brand identity.Once I had opened the image, Is selected the ‘Rectangle Tool’ and drew the rectangle overthe correct area. I would then set the colour of the shape and slightly change the opacity soit blends with the background. The last step would be to use the text box tool and start toadd the content.
  • Adjusting the logosIn order to keep up with brand identity I had to change the colour of the logos so theywouldn’t disrupt the colour scheme. 3) I then used 1) Once I opened the the magic wand image, I selected the tool to separate ‘colour selection tool’ from the logo from the sidebar. the background. 4) Once seperated I went to ‘Image’, ‘Adjustments’ and 2) I then then ‘Hue/saturation’ coloured the adjusting the lightness to 100, logo in with making the image the tool. white, like the font of my colour scheme. It is now ready to insert.
  • Adjusting the lightFor the middle of my CD case, instead of using a filter or adding any adjustmentlayers, I wanted to keep the image natural and only wanted to adjust the lighting toaccommodate the fonts, this is how I did it. For this particular technique I simply went into ‘Filter’, ‘Render ‘ and Lighting Effects’. Once there I adjusted the sphere so the light was the most intense on the right than on the left, I did this simply by turning the sphere.
  • Using DSLRsFor both days of filming we shot the footage with DSLR cameras, we used tri-pods tohelp us with the framing of the shots, especially the song performance footage, whenno panning or tracking was needed.The most prominent feature used from the DSLRs was the efficient focusing featuresthat they had. When it was time to adjust the distance or to take the camera off the tri-pod for tracking or panning shots the camera would be out of focus. We made sure thatwe filmed using manual focus as we found this a lot more accurate when it was time toadjust, when the focus needed to be changed we would zoom in on the artist bytapping the screen, once the camera was zoomed in at it’s maximum we wouldmanually adjust the lens to get the picture in focus, if the camera is zoomed in at it’smaximum and the focus is then adjusted it picks up all the details. We did this beforerecording to ensure maximum quality.