ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON
He was born on the 29th of August 1958 in
Gary, Indiana. Michael began his musical
career at the age of 5 as the lead singer of the
Jackson 5 who formed in 1964. the members
in the Jackson 5 were -: Jackie, Jermaine,
Tito, Marlon and Michael.
Michael was the lead singer of the group. He
and his sister Latoya Jackson accused their
father Joseph Jackson for beating them for
not doing good rehearsals
In 1977 Michael made his first film debut when he
starred in the musical 'TheWiz' playing Scarecrow
with Diana Ross in the lead role of Dorothy. It was at
this time Michael met Quincy Jones who was doing
the score for the film.
Albums, their names and
• Michael teamed up with Quincy Jones as his producer for his first solo album
with Epic Records.The album titled "OffTheWall" was a big success around
the world and the first ever album to release a record breaking 4 No1 singles in
• In 1982 Michael Jackson released the world's largest selling album of all time,
'Thriller'.This album produced 7 hit singles, breaking yet again more records,
and went on to sell over 50 million copies worldwide.
• In 1987 Michael released his much awaited third solo album, titled 'Bad', and
launched his record breaking first solo world tour.
• In 1991 Michael signed with Sony Music the largest ever recording contract
and released his fourth solo album, 'Dangerous'.
• 1995 saw Michael release a fifth solo album, 'HIStory', which was a double
album, first half new material and second half greatest hits.
• In 1997 Michael released the remix album 'Blood OnThe Dance Floor' which
also contained 5 new song linked with a 38min film "Ghosts".
• In October 2001 Michael released the album
'Invincible' releasing only 2 singles including the big
hit "You Rock MyWorld". Shortly after the albums
release there were rumours of a rift with Sony Music
and a clear lack of promotion of the album.The
second single "Cry" was released with a very poor
music video which did not feature Michael and no
other singles were released.
• These all albums were only the ones to be launched
by MJ but there 2 or more albums for or by him….
Here are some awards which
1. Thriller -:PopAlbum of theYear
2. Scream -: Gold & Platinum
Certification (RIAA Awards)
3. "Don't Stop 'tilYou Get Enough
-: Favourite Single (Soul/R&B)
4. Michael Jackson -: Living
5. Humanitarian endeavors -:
Award (NAACP Image Awards)
Ghosts -: Longest MusicVideo
(Guinness Book ofWorld
7. Legend Award (MTV Japan
8. WillYou BeThere -: Best Song in a
Movie (MTV MovieAwards)
9. Scream -: Best Choreography
(MTVVideo Music Awards)
10. Thriller -:The GreatestVideo in
the History of theWorld (MTV
11. HumanitarianAward (1999
• In 1994 Michael married Lisa Marie Presley, daughter
of rock legend Elvis Presley.The marriage only lasted
for 19 months, as they divorced in 1996.
• In between legs of the tour on November 14th 1996,
Michael married for his second time to Debbie Rowe
who was a nurse that Michael had met in the
treatment of his skin pigment disorder.
• Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr. ("Prince") (born February
• Paris Michael Katherine Jackson (born April 3rd 1998)
• Prince Michael Joseph Jackson II. ("Blanket") (born
February 21st 2002)
1. The Jackson 5 Era
2. The Jacksons Era
3. OffTheWall Era
4. Thriller Era
5. Bad Era
6. Dangerous Era
7. HIStory & Blood on the Dance Floor Era
8. Invincible Era
Achievements of MJ
1) Became 1st black American singer whose song
videos were shown on MTV.
2) Earned the title of KING OF POP.
3) Got many awards
4) Was given the Grammy legend award by his own
sister, JANET JACKSON.
5) Made many songs
6) Won 197 major awards
7) Had 12 magazine covers.
8) Had a record-breaking 8 Grammy awards for