2. Normalization• Data Protection• Redundant data• Inconsistent dependency
3. First Normal Form• There should not be any repeating columns• Eliminate repeating groups in individual tables.• Create a separate table for each set of related data.• Identify each set of related data with a primary key.
4. Second Normal Form• Three should not be any functional dependency between key column and non key column• Create separate tables for sets of values that apply to multiple records.• Relate these tables with a foreign key.
5. Third Normal Form• There should not be any functional dependency between two non key columns• Eliminate fields that do not depend on the key.
6. One To One• Student• Student Detail
7. One To Many• Student• Phone Number
8. Many To Many• Department• Faculty
9. What is the nature of the application?• OLTP• OLAP