• Maggie had merged with Nestle family in 1947.• Maggi Noodles was first launched in India in Delhi in January 1983 by Food Specialties Ltd (associated with Nestle).• Initial Strategies of Maggi.• Maggi has faced lot of hurdles in its journey in India.• The basic problem the brand faced is the Indian Psyche.• Initially Nestle tried to position the Noodles in the platform of convenience targeting the working women.• However, the sales of Maggi was not picking up despite of heavy Media Advertising.• To overcome this NIL conducted a research.• The noodles tagline, Fast to Cook Good to Eat was also in
• They promoted the product further by distributing free samples. Giving gifts on return of empty packets, etc.• Effective Tagline Communication.• Initially Maggi was targeted at the working woman and later the upper middle class kids.• Maggi was a sponsor for Hum Log, a popular television show on Doordarshan, India’s sole channel in 1984.• Maggi is now targeting its products at the entire family and not only kids.• Maggi has recently launched “MAIN AUR MERI MAGGI” campaign in commensuration of 25 years of Maggi in India.
INTEGRATED MASS COMMUNICATION PUBLIC SALES INTERACTIVEADVERTISING RELATIONS PROMOTION MARKETING AD ADs CAMPAIGNSBILLBOARDS PRINT ADs TV ADs OTHER
• Maggi does not focus heavily on print media during its launch since its initial target audience was mothers and kids.• Some advertisements in the print media were used to highlight the convenience factor of Maggi.• Maggi introduced this advertisement in various magazines in 2003to celebrate 20 years of its years of its product in India.• Maggi has recently come out with advertisements in some weekly magazines for its new atta noodles and rice noodles variants.• Maggi rice noodles mania had the highest column centimeter in print during jan – aug ’07 among the instant foods category. Growth in noodles/pasta print advertising grew by 42% in jan-may05 compared to jan-may 04. Of
• Maggi’s expenditure on print media is much lower compared to other media.
• Objectives • To introduce new products • To attract new customers and retain the existing ones • To maintain sales of seasonal products • To meet the challenge of competition• Tools • Exchange schemes • Price-off offer • Coupons • Scratch and win offer • Money Back offer
• Maggi Noodles or Retailers sale promotion initiatives• Maggi was distributed free in schools and offices to promote trial• Return gifts on empty packs• Maggi fun book and stickers with funky animal facts.
• Organized retails SP• 7% discounts on 6 piece pack (56 MRP), 5 rupee discount on 8 piece pack( 78 MRP). These are promotional schemes given by retailer itself not by NIL.• Company is coming up with schemes like giving one soup pack with 8 piece pack.• In Past company has promotional schemes like 4piece pack with that of 36 instead of 40.
• Large pack sizes at the top with decreasing pack sizes as going downward. Why? This is because that for a retail outlet the more value is generated large pack thus they try to project big size at convenience place.• Outer display shelves are purchased by company (Reliance mart).
The Maggi Club• The children under 14 were invited by press advertisements and distribution of leaflets to become a member of maggi club by sending logos cut from 5 empty maggi wrappers. Maggi projected it as “maggi clubbers are fun lovers” and intended to use it as reference group.• Benefits offered to maggi-clubbers are various games like Snap safari game, Cap and mask sets, travel India game, Disney today comic. To obtain each gift the member has to send 5wrappers as purchase proof.• Some special privileges were given to regular members time to time like, discounted tickets of Appu Ghar.• Organized Maggi school quizzes and sketching.
• Getting closer to regular customer.• Boosted the sales.• Making valuable direct marketing database.• Recently, again, they have started Maggi fan club. This time it is operating online and they are providing user name and password.
MAGGI NOODLES• MAGGI 2-MINUTE Noodles.• "Taste Bhi Health Bhi”. MAGGI RICE NOODLE MANIA• Chaska Taste ka, Health Rice ka. CUPPA NOODLES• “Just add Garam Paani … Carry on Jaani”
Maggi sales is declined in 1990sCompetition increased in noodles segment.SOLUTIONThey launched the campaign “taste bhi health bhi” now become synonymous with maggi.They change the jingle of maggi instant noodles campaigns, it was pretty catchy and went down well with the target audience children.