AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON
24 NOVEMBER 2013
Sanjana ran to support
patients battling with
Be our next Sanjana….
Indian Cancer Society
the conquest of cancer by choice; not chance
Run for Change
Run for Support
Run for more Information
Run with your Heart
Indian Cancer Society is the oldest Cancer NGO in
India, founded in 1951 in Mumbai and 1983 in
Delhi. Our objective is to provide awareness and
education, as well as high quality low cost cancer
screening. Our volunteers visit patients at
hospitals to offer emotional support and financial
assistance to the deserving.
Your running for us will help us in realizing our
“ the Conquest of Cancer by Choice; not Chance”
• Radio talks
• Schools & College Talks
•Walk for Cancer
Jagriti - Advocacy
• Early detection
• Mobile camp
• Special months –
Cancer Detection Centre-Screening
Cancer Sahyog – Emotional Support
• Emotional support
• Treatment fund
• Patient navigation
• Breast prosthesis
Prashanti – Healing Centre
Meditation - Yoga -
Laughter Therapy Other
Healing Therapies -
Mammography - Dexa
Healthy Meal on Tuesdays
• New volunteers
• Cessation clinics
• Counseling for
• Cluster Training
Program for School
• AIESEC Internship
Be the Change you wish to see in the
TO SUPPORT INDIAN CANCER SOCIETY DELHI
AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON 2013
AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON DISTANCES
The Half Marathon : 21 km
18 years onwards
The Great Delhi Run : 6 km
12 years onwards
Senior Citizen’s Run : 4 km
60 years onwards
Champions with Disability: 3.5 km
12 years onwards
Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2013
DREAM MAKER – Individual raising at least Rs. 1.5 lakhs in
DREAM CHALLENGER – Individual raising at least Rs. 4.0
lakhs in donations
CORPORATE CHALLENGE I - Corporate donating Rs.1.25
lakhs for a team of 25
CORPORATE CHALLENGE II– Corporate donating Rs.2.5
lakhs for a team of 25
I PLEDGE – Individual raising donations in any amount
YOUTH CHALLENGE – Students of educational institutions
raising a cumulative amount of Rs. 50,000
CORPORATE CHALLENGE III – Corporate donating Rs. 3.5
lakhs for a team of 40
Youth Challengers is a category especially designed for students of
educational institutions who wish to participate and raise funds for their
chosen charity/cause. Youth Challengers need to raise a cumulative
minimum amount of Rs 50,000 inclusive of upfront contribution of INR
Team Composition: Each team of Youth Challenge will comprise of 3 to 5
participants belonging to the age group of 12 years to 21 year.
What the Youth challengers can look
• Feature the team/institute on the Concern India Foundation and Procam website.
• Special bibs for the youth challengers.
• Hosted in the corporate challenge tent on race day.
• Priority line up during Great Delhi Run.
• Individually personalized and interactive page to raise online support on the
Concern India Foundation website.
• Charity certificate to each of the team members.
• Award for the top 3 fundraising teams.
• Invitation to the pasta party – Top two teams raising highest amount on or before
• Event T- shirt for the top four teams raising highest amount on or before Nov 8th
• Processing, reconciliation and acknowledging all pledges /cheques
received, issuing receipts and 80G certificates as may be applicable.
• In addition Indian Cancer Society will give certificates of appreciation to all youth
challengers who run and raise money for Indian Cancer Society.
YOUTH CHALLENGER- Registration Process
• Youth Challenger team can register with a cheque of INR 5000 drawn in favour
of Concern India Foundation along with an indication of his chosen charity or
• No additional amount needs to be paid by youth challenger team members to
participate in the Delhi Airtel half marathon 2013.
• Concern India Foundation will give a soft copy to pledge kit along with a
password for opening a webpage on the charity partner site. Both instruments
will help the youth challenger to get started in putting efforts towards fulfilling
the objective of raising INR 50,000. No additional amount needs to be paid by
youth challenger team members to run in the ADHM 2013.
• Concern India Foundation will give a soft copy of pledge – kit along with a
password for opening a webpage on the charity partner website. Both instrument
will help the youth challengers to get started in putting efforts towards fulfilling
the objective of raising INR 50,000 and beyond for your chosen charity.
What needs to be sent to Concern India
Duly filled youth Challenger registration Form and the event entry form – both
Each member of the team has to fill individual entry form.
Delhi payable or at par cheques favouring Concern India Foundation for INR
Last date for submission of first INR 50,000( qualifier to be a youth challenger) is
8th Nov 2013. if the youth challenger continues to raise pledges for Indian Cancer
Society, then the last day for submitting the pledges in 31st Dec 2013.
Imp – Please make sure that the event entry /race form is complete in all aspects
like date of birth, contact no. emergency contact no etc or else it will be rejected
by the organiser.
Important Dates for youth challengers
16th August 2013
31st October 2013 Last date for youth challenger
8th November 2013 Last date to achieve min target
of INR 50,000.
31st December 2013 Last date to receive pledges
beyond the minimum target.
Running for Indian Cancer Society
• Indian Cancer Society will give all the Youth Challengers who run
for us a certificate of appreciation.
• The teams photo will be put on Indian Cancer Society – Delhi’s
face book page as well as on our website.
• The Youth Challengers will be invited to attend some of the mobile
screening camps as well as the detection centre so that they know
where the money which has been raised by them is being utilized.
• The youth challengers can become our brand ambassadors
motivating and mobilizing the youth to volunteer with Indian Cancer
• Invites will be sent to all activities/ events organized by Indian
Cancer Society- Delhi
1. If as a youth challenger team your team is unable to raise Rs 50,000 by 8th
Nov 2013, the team members will be allowed to participate in ADHM 2013
as individuals and all privileges available to the youth challengers will be
revoked. After deducting Rs 5000 from the total pledges raised by the team
the rest will be given to the charity the team was running for.
2. For any donation above Rs 10,000 it is mandatory for the donor to mention
his /her Pan No along with details of his address and contact no.
3. The pledge summary sheet is to be submitted to Concern India Foundation
along with all the payments.
4. Incase of cash donations Concern India Foundation will not be able to accept
amounts beyond Rs 10,000 from a single donor.
5. No 80 G receipts will be issues unless the form has full details of the donor.
6. For donations received from corporate challenge a declaration shall have to
be filled as per FCRA Regulation.
• Priya Parmar – Indian Cancer Society
• We look forward to seeing you run for us.
• CEO – Mrs Jyotsna Govil( hon secretary)
• Society registration No – 2983
• FCRA No – 083780209.
• PAN No – AAATI0001K