SOFTWARE SPO™ ON-DEMAND
AS A SERVICE
SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE (SaaS), an on-demand Web
services delivery model, has become an increasingly popular
implementation choice for companies looking to lower infrastructure
cost and complexity. With a hosted version of its Service Planning
& Optimization (SPO™) software suite, MCA Solutions now
offers its industry-leading service parts planning solution with the
benefits of SaaS implementation.
T H E S a a S A DVA N TAG E
With mounting pressure to reduce the implementation risks and complexity
of behind-the-firewall enterprise projects, it comes as no surprise that more
companies are considering SaaS. Such solutions require little in terms of
infrastructure commitments beyond an Internet connection. And, as opposed
“THE SaaS MODEL … to customer-managed solutions, SaaS allows companies to shift IT resources
away from application maintenance and into other vital projects. Other
[is] an attractive, lower risk advantages of the SaaS model over traditional software implementation
option for small and large methods include:
LOWER UP-FRONT COST. Because software is not purchased and services
– RO B E RT B O I S are provided on-demand, costs are spread out and can be budgeted accordingly.
QUICK DEPLOYMENT. SaaS applications require little or no set up and
only minimal configuration.
AUTOMATIC UPGRADES. Upgrades are automatically pushed to end
CASE STUDY: T E L L A B S users, reducing their effort and allowing vendors to deliver more targeted
• PARTNER SOLUTION WITH DHL GREATER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. SaaS vendors will sustain high
• OUTSOURCED INFRASTRUCTURE levels of customer satisfaction to ensure broad user adoption and continued
• 2 MONTH IMPLEMENTATION
renewal of term contracts.
• INTEGRATION WITH SAP FLEXIBLE MODEL. Subscription license can be converted to a traditional
perpetual software license if and when it makes sense for the customer.
• IMMEDIATE ROI
• 60% REDUCTION IN INVENTORY