We’re here to talk to you today about how Informatica can help you maximize the business value of your enterprise data through a concept we call “Integration Everywhere™.” Data is the lifeblood of any organization. But it is often underutilized. What this presentation will show you is how Informatica can help you best use and extract the most business value from all your enterprise data.
We’re here to talk to you today about how Informatica can help you maximize the business value of your enterprise data through a concept we call “Integration Everywhere™.” Data is the lifeblood of any organization. But it is often underutilized. What this presentation will show you is how Informatica can help you best use and extract the most business value from all your enterprise data.
This presentation is divided into six sections: A high level overview of the company The data fragmentation challenges that companies face The solution to these challenges, which is data services A brief overview of Informatica’s product platform How Informatica demonstrates commitment to its customers And we’ll conclude by describing how Informatica is different and better than any other data integration software vendor Transition: The slide footer contains a series of (graphic) dots that will advance in highlight as we move through the presentation. There are just 16 slides, so it is a way to gauge how far along we are at any point.
Here are some brief statistics about Informatica: We’ve been in business for 13 years , headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA. We’ve shown a very strong financial performance ; a testament to the success our customers have seen with our product platform. Informatica is acknowledged by industry analysts, such as Gartner, as a market share leader in enterprise data integration. We have thousands of customers , representing large and small businesses in a wide variety of industries and government and public sector organizations around the world; we have a global presence . Informatica is singularly focused on data integration . Data integration is all we do, and that’s what we do best. We know of no other company that has more dedicated resources focused on solving data integration problems, or advancing data integration capabilities. Our mission with data integration is to help customers implement a data services architecture to gain maximum business value from their data assets (more on this concept later in the presentation). Transition: Our mission is so valuable because of the significant data fragmentation problems that exist in the enterprise …
In the 40-year history of computing —dating back to the mainframe, client-server applications, and major ERP applications—data has been conjoined with/tied to/trapped inside a larger application, such as a finance or CRM application. When data is conjoined with an application , it limits the data’s productivity . It’s not accessible outside that application, i.e., financial data living inside your finance system may be needed in other areas of your business, but you can’t easily access it outside the system in which it’s housed. It’s not flexible because it’s tied to the functionality and logic of its originating application, so the data is only as useful as this application allows. It’s not certifiably accurate , particularly across different contexts (e.g., different business units or different systems define/look at data differently), so it’s difficult to ensure that data is complete, current, consistent everywhere in your organization. It’s not reusable outside the context of its specific application or in any other business process or project (e.g., master data hub, data warehouse, etc.) The fundamental challenge organizations face is to free the data from its originating application , which will allow the organization to cultivate data as an asset within an enterprise that delivers maximum business value.
The data fragmentation challenge gets worse over time . As applications/systems have proliferated (most enterprise companies run hundreds, if not thousands of applications and systems), the challenge of data fragmentation has intensified. With the proliferation of applications and systems , companies find that they must grapple with: Multiple data silos Multiple data formats Multiple data definitions (e.g., many different ways to define “customer data”) Highly varied data quality The volumes of this data are huge. Ventana Research estimates that 1.5 billion terabytes of new data is created every year . This means that the problem of data fragmentation is only getting worse because of both the volume of data and the cost of maintaining this fragmented environment.
The cost of this data fragmentation is extremely high. The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI) estimates that poor data quality costs U.S. business a staggering $600 billion a year due to inefficiencies in business processes, poor business decisions based on bad data, simple errors and mistakes. And IT organizations are dedicating a large number of their limited resources to the problem of data fragmentation, as TDWI estimates that 55% of organizations devote a high level of staffing and budget to data integration . Ventana Research estimates that 60% of IT budgets are spent on data integration . That’s budget that could be better spent on delivering new systems and innovation that can advance and grow their business. As the Gartner quote illustrates, any point-to-point approach that IT organizations use to tie together applications and data within those applications are costly and ineffective. Sources Source for Bullet 1: Eckerson, Wayne, TDWI Report Data Quality and the Bottom Line: Achieving Business Success through a Commitment to High Quality Data , February 2002 Source for bullet 2: TDWI report &quot;Data Integration: Using ETL, EAI, and EII Tools to Create an Integrated Enterprise,&quot; November 2005 Source for Bullet 3: Ventana Research, “Adopting and Governing Information Management” presentation, June 2006 Source for bullet 4: Gartner
There are market forces that are compounding the data fragmentation problem , which will only get worse over time. There are many market forces at play, but let’s examine three in detail here. <click> Business trends are compounding data fragmentation. Mergers and acquisitions are commonplace, as are the converse of M&A activities – spin-offs and divestitures. As corporate entities come together or break apart, data must also come together or break apart. Companies are now focusing more on their core competencies (e.g., designing a product, manufacturing a product, distributing a product), so they’re partnering more with other companies, both upstream and downstream, to create a seamless value chain. For example, chip companies like Intel don’t actually do their own manufacturing. They may design and market their chips, but they contract out the actual chip production to manufacturers. Intel has to work closely with their contract manufacturers to have a seamless value chain. This requires value chain integration . Another example: pharmaceutical companies now outsource the management of clinical trials. But they need to make sure that they maintain a holistic view of their data across the entire value chain – even those pieces of the value chain that they’ve hired other companies to manage. <click> Socio-economic trends are compounding data fragmentation. Globalization means that more companies are doing more business in more places across the globe. Companies have customers, suppliers, partners, employees, offices all over the world, which can add to the data fragmentation problem. This bigger world in which more companies do business can be an unpredictable place. Examples of geopolitical instability include war, terrorism, demand for natural resources, acts of nature (e.g., hurricanes, earthquakes). While these phenomena are completely outside companies’ control, companies need to be able to react quickly to them. When data is fragmented across more applications, systems, geographies, this inhibits a company’s ability to act quickly and respond effectively to these geopolitical issues. Outsourcing is a growing economic trend. Many companies are outsourcing non-core competencies to partner companies to address pieces of the value chain. And many companies are outsourcing business functions to companies in different countries, or “ off-shoring .” Both outsourcing and off-shoring can increase the data fragmentation problem. <click> Finally, there are important technological trends that are compounding the data fragmentation problem We’re in the third wave of the “ three waves ” of software applications. The first wave was the major ERP and CRM application that lived inside company firewalls. The second wave started nearly ten years ago when first generation Internet applications enabled companies to communicate and collaborate with suppliers, partners, and customers over the Internet and across the firewall. We’re now in the third wave of applications. It’s been called “The Age of the Business Web” or “Web 2.0,” and it involves more and more communication and collaboration across and outside the firewall. Web applications now can be “mashed up” or combined to form new applications and data types. Mobile devices of all types are just as commonly the expected end point as a desktop or laptop computer. In short, the use of the Business Web to drive communication and information sharing is exploding in new ways and the business and socio-economic trends we discussed earlier are giving rise to more technology in more places, and the need to communicate with more companies, and hence more data of different types both inside and outside the firewall. Companies are adopting technology standards like services-oriented architecture, or SOA , as a core architecture approach. SOA itselft can either help solve the data fragmentation problem or it can make it worse. If not properly governed, SOA can rapidly proliferate data in multiple silos in an SOA, which exacerbates data fragmentation. Software as a Service or “ SaaS ” is an emerging technology trend in which software applications are available to companies over the Internet on an “on demand” basis. An example of SaaS is salesforce.com’s on-demand CRM systems. The rise of SaaS means that companies must find a way to make their data doesn’t become more fragmented as it resides both inside and outside the firewall. Finally, there are new data sources that companies must now take into account. Some of these sources companies weren’t able to access before now, and some are net-new. These sources include unstructured data, email, new geo-spatial data, new standard messaging formats that industries use to exchange information. All these trends create more and more complex data fragmentation problems for companies.
So what’s the solution to this complex problem? The solution that Informatica posits is data services , which will help untangle the complexity. So what are “data services?” They are a set of services or capabilities that allow an organization to: Access data within all your sources, both inside and outside the firewall, and make your data widely available across your organization. A key notion of data services is decoupling the data from its originating application so that it can be made available outside the context of the application. <click> Reconcile data definitions across multiple applications and silos to enable consistency in how data is defined and to enable the reuse of data across the organization. <click> Certify the quality of data , ensuring that the data is correct, complete, conforms to standards, and is consistent throughout your organization. <click> Transform data from all formats , regardless of source system, into a productive asset that can be used and reused across multiple systems in your organization. <click>
So how does having your flexible, reusable, and productive data help your company address business imperatives you might be facing? Common business imperatives include: Improving decision-making and ensuring regulatory compliance Modernizing the business to reduce costs Merging and acquiring Increasing business profitability Outsourcing non-core business functions to be able to focus on your company’s core value proposition <click> Each of these business imperatives requires support via substantial IT initiatives . Common IT initiatives include: Business intelligence initiatives Retirement of legacy systems Application consolidation initiatives Establishment of data hubs for customer, supplier, and/or product data Business process outsourcing (BPO) and/or Software as a Service (Saas) <click> For these IT initiatives to be successful, you must be able to integrate data from a variety of disparate systems . The form of those data integration projects may vary. You may have a: Data warehousing project, which enables new business insight usually through business intelligence Data migration project, where data sources are moved to enable a new application or system Data consolidation project, where certain data sources or applications are retired in favor of another Master data management project, where multiple data sources come together to form a more complex, master view of the data Data synchronization project, where data between two source systems need to stay perfectly consistent to enable different applications or systems Traditionally, data integration projects have been handled as one-off exercises with individual project teams using different data integration tools. In these cases, each data integration effort is seen as a discrete project. <click> The data services layer provides a common set of complementary, extensible, and integrated tools that can be used consistently across all of these different data integration projects and therefore serve all kinds of business imperatives and IT Initiatives. A unified data services layer that is reusable across multiple projects : Increases productivity and efficiency , helping companies respond more effectively to rapidly changing business needs Is cost-effective Ensures data consistency, accuracy, and overall quality <click> Informatica’s product platform is the foundation of this data services layer . The Informatica product platform has been designed and architected to specifically enable an enterprise to create a sophisticated data services layer within its IT architecture.
So how does the Informatica product platform help you create a sophisticated data services layer within your IT architecture? Our platform is comprised of four products that, together, automate the entire data integration lifecycle . These four products are well-integrated, complement one-another, and can be extended through a number of add-on options (from Informatica and others) to deliver the best overall data services functionality within the enterprise’s IT architecture. <click> You start by accessing data. With Informatica PowerExchange , you can access data in any system, in batch or real-time, in a very flexible manner, so your data is more usable. <click> The next steps in the data integration lifecycle are discovering what’s in those data sources and cleansing the data. With Informatica Data Explorer , you can profile and search your data to understand what your data issues may be. With Informatica Data Quality , you can by validate, correct, and standardize all the types of data you have. <click> The final two steps in the lifecycle are integrating and delivering the data. With Informatica PowerCenter , you can transform and reconcile all data types from all different sources, and then deliver that data to the right place, at the right time, and in the right format. <click> From an IT perspective, it’s important to have robust, easy-to-use development and management capabilities that can be used in each of these five steps to help your IT teams develop logic around your data and to better collaborate with each other. By leveraging a common repository and shared metadata , enterprise data is made more consistent, productive, and reusable across many different integration projects. <click> This Data Integration Lifecycle emphasizes that data integration is not a project , but an ongoing process . An important part of this process is to audit, monitor, and report on your data to ensure its consistency, perform impact analysis, and continuously monitor data quality . Any problems you find and resolve are then fed back into the data integration lifecycle. As such, Informatica has invested in developing a product platform that supports this entire data integration lifecycle so that you have the most robust set of data services that you can use to support your business imperatives .
What makes the Informatica product platform different? Our platform delivers benefits to all the different constituents in an organization who need data: To the business users , who are the primary consumers of data To IT management and developers within the IT organization , who have stringent technical requirements to be able to deliver the data that the business demands quickly and cost-effectively Our product platform has several unique capabilities : Delivers high quality, holistic information with the broadest data access available on the market. Our products allow you to access any and all data in your environment. Cost-effectively scales and delivers robust, enterprise-class performance – so that you can rely on the Informatica platform as your core data integration infrastructure. The data service layer is foundational to many critical business processes, so it’s extremely important for it to be based on a product platform that delivers enterprise-class performance and reliability. Helps you leverage all your existing technology investments —your hardware, your applications, business systems, all your data sources in your environment—and helps you mitigate risk because our products are platform-neutral. As your environment changes (e.g., add new database systems, new infrastructure software such as application services, new business intelligence tools, or even new applications), the Informatica platform will be able to support any software system or any data sources you choose. Reduces time-to-results with single architecture designed for reuse that helps your IT teams be much more productive and responsive to rapidly changing business needs. This flexibility becomes a the key business advantage to a data services layer built on Informatica’s product platform. These are some of the unique capabilities of the Informatica product platform.
Informatica is not only addressing the data fragmentation challenges of today. We’re also developing data services solutions that will solve the data fragmentation problems of the future . We are continuously evolving and improving our platform to address future needs. We are known for providing data services to help integrate the many data silos within the enterprise . <click> We are adding new platform capabilities that support cross-enterprise data integration to enable a data services layer to easily access external data sources . As more businesses rely on business process outsourcers, or SaaS vendors, or Business Process outsourcers, more of their enterprise data is going to reside outside their corporate firewall. Companies need to be able to seamlessly integrate this external data with their internal data so they have a holistic and useful view of their business. Informatica has made specific investments in solving this cross-enterprise data integration issue (i.e., integrating data both inside and outside the firewall), and we will continue to build on this capability in our product roadmap. The result is that an enterprise can integrate its data, making it more productive, regardless of where it is located. <click> Finally, Informatica sees the future of data services headed toward on-demand data integration , where the data services layer is available on a hosted basis . In the future, your data services layer may reside insides your firewall, or it may reside outside your firewall. You will be able to tap into this hosted data services layer to integrate both your internal and external data. This data services layer will be deployable on your premises or managed by a third-party hosting provider. On-demand data integration, shown in this slide as a cloud, becomes perhaps the most flexible way to manage data services. We’ll be announcing more about On-Demand Data Integration services from Informatica during 2007. This is our vision for the future of our data integration products.
But Informatica also realizes that dealing effectively with the challenges of data fragmentation requires more than just technology. It demands outstanding services. Informatica’s commitment to our customers is to provide best-in-class services, support, and education to ensure that our customers are successful with our products, and successful in turning their enterprise data into a productive asset that delivers business value. The Informatica Professional Services organization uses proven best practices. Velocity SM implementation methodology refined through our experience helping hundreds of customers implement our software. We’ve done 150+ Integration Competency Center implementations, which are large scale, Center of Excellence-type implementations that help centralize data integration skill and capability, allowing best practices to emerge within an enterprise much more rapidly. The Informatica Global Customer Support organization delivers award-winning, “follow the sun” support. Proof that our Customer Support team is world-class: this Informatica team was recently a finalist in the very prestigious 2006 Stevie Award, awarded by the American Business Awards. Delivering great service and support is one of our core competencies. The Informatica Global Education Services organization delivers a comprehensive learning strategy to enable each customer to rapidly gain expertise in a way that is tailored to its needs. We offer a range of education offerings, including eLearning modules, Informatica Virtual Academy (which enables comprehensive web-based training), instructor-led, and custom on-site training to help you successfully deploy and use our software.
Informatica’s commitment to your success extends beyond our boundaries . We offer a broad ecosystem of partners, developers, and customers to support you. Partners Informatica has 300+ consulting, technology, and service provider partners to provide you with maximum choice and flexibility. You work with the partner who knows your environment and business the best. Developers Informatica’s Worldwide Developer Network ensures that Informatica developer resources are available where/when needed . Customers The Informatica worldwide User Group Program is a “no sales spin zone.” Unlike many software companies’ user group programs, Informatica’s is for users, run by users. Users can get together to share their best practices and maximize the return on their investment in Informatica. my.informatica.com is our robust customer portal that delivers 24x7 worldwide support in seven languages to help your company, wherever it is located, be successful with our products.
One of the important ways that makes Informatica is different from any other data integration software vendor is the range of our partner ecosystem. Here are just some of the companies that comprise our partner ecosystem . It’s important to note that because Informatica is singularly focused on data integration , we are able to build strong partnerships with a wide variety of companies. This is because our partners are not threatened by a competing product or technology agenda . Therefore, both Informatica and its partners are focused exclusively on your success with data integration through the use of data services. In turn, Informatica’s neutrality benefits you. You can work with the company of your choice —the vendor or service provider that suits your business best and minimizes your risk . Informatica doesn’t pigeonhole you into a technology or service provider decision. Regardless of the technology you currently have in your environment, or the service provider you want to work with, you can be confident that Informatica and our software will work with what and whom you want to work.
Ultimately, Informatica’s most important differentiator is its customers . Informatica is the market leader in enterprise data integration with more than 2,600 customers worldwide . This is a small sampling of our global customer base. Our customers are leaders in their industries. 83 of the Fortune 100 companies and more than 80% of companies represented on the Dow Jones Index 18 of the top 22 telecommunications companies 44 of the top 60 financial services companies 9 of the top 11 healthcare companies 25 of the top 34 energy & utilities companies 18 of the top 22 insurance companies 100+ U.S. Federal and 80 state and local government agencies; government agencies in 20 countries Informatica’s data integration product line benefits these customers—through both cost savings AND revenue growth (via business process improvements, for example). For example, Motorola : In its migration to grid computing, Motorola’s 14-member Engineering Data Management (EDM) team is using Informatica PowerCenter to ensure 24x7 availability of data integration processes that support a data warehouse used by more than 5,000 Motorola engineers and managers in 20 countries worldwide . Failover to a backup node guards Motorola against downtime that could trigger costly interruptions in time-sensitive engineering and customer support functions. Using PowerCenter, Motorola has reduced development and maintenance time by at least 15 percent . Over three years, Motorola estimates ROI of more than $2.5 million from three of the largest data marts, for change management ($870,000), test management ($1.27 million), and inspections ($409,000).
So why should you choose Informatica ? There are five major reasons: Versatility. Our customers have more than one kind of data integration problem. They may be migrating off legacy systems, consolidating application instances, or synchronizing data between multiple operational systems. Regardless of the size or the complexity of the data integration challenge, Informatica has an elegant and versatile solution: we provide a single data services layer that is flexible and can adapt to meet your changing business needs. Since data integration is about making the most of a company’s data—in every part of the enterprise and over the long term—Informatica’s product platform is versatile in its ability to scale and handle the most complex data integration initiatives. Our flexible platform reduces risk by leveraging work on current projects and applying it to future projects. In this way, Informatica expands the benefits of data integration to the future , accommodating the demands of our customers’ businesses as they grow and change. Innovation. Consistently, Informatica has been ahead of the technology curve. When we started our business, Informatica pioneered a whole new market by automating the process of building data warehouses. Today we have a singular focus on data integration, and we’re offering a next generation product platform that’s ready for mission-critical, enterprise-wide deployment. We listen to our customers and respond to both their current and future needs with innovative solutions. Whether we build the technology ourselves, acquire it, or partner with other companies to build it, we continue to create the innovative products and services that help our customers solve the data fragmentation problem . We’ve been recognized for this innovation with hundreds of industry awards. In the first 6 months of 2006, Informatica has already won 11 top awards , showcasing the innovative work our customers and also our own IT department have done using Informatica’s solutions, including the TDWI Best Practice Award, Ventana Research Performance Management Award, CIO Enterprise Value Award and the DM Review World Class Solution Award. Quality. Quality is paramount in all areas of our business —products, services, and support. We strive to be measured against the very best our industry has to offer and set new standards for the industry to follow, including new records for product performance and scalability. * As testimony to the quality of our products and services—including our proven implementation methodology, Velocity, and our award-winning customer support—our customers continue to do more and more business with us, year after year. More than 90% of Existing Customers renewed maintenance. 90% of Customers plan to increase investment. We take customer satisfaction seriously and track it through assessments and metrics at every stage of implementation. Neutrality. Informatica’s allegiance is to our customers. We have no hidden agenda to sell you a specific database license or middleware stack or business intelligence tool - and no proprietary system to push and protect, no set of standards to impose. In short, we are on your side and simply want to help you solve the enormous data integration challenge. And from this position, we can objectively help you find and implement optimal solutions. Informatica’s neutrality also means that our solutions help you to leverage your IT infrastructure not just as it today, but as it changes in the future. By remaining neutral, Informatica expands your choice and minimizes your risk. You aren’t “locked in” to products offered by any one vendor because our solutions interoperate with all the different enterprise databases applications, operating systems, and application servers and hardware. Furthermore, our neutrality has allowed us to create a broad partner ecosystem that make you successful , so you work with the company and technology that best serves your needs. Dependability. Informatica is a company that does what it says it will do. Our customers can depend on us to deliver solutions that work right the first time—on time and within budget. Our customers know that they can depend on not just our products, but on the services we provide to ensure they are successful with our products. Our professional services organization offers unmatched expertise, training, and support to customers at every stage of their data integration projects. While we have the industry’s highest ratio of “go-lives,” we know we aren’t successful as a company until our customers are successful. And our customer are successful. In fact, Informatica customers have won the TDWI Best Practice Awards for 10 years running . These five attributes describe our commitment to your success and best demonstrate the Informatica difference. * Recent benchmark testing with partner HP shows an exceptional 117 percent performance improvement – 43 minutes 45 seconds vs. 95 minutes for PowerCenter 8 and PowerCenter 7, respectively – continuing a release-to-release trend of double- and triple-digit percent performance gains recorded for PowerCenter on HP since Informatica and HP began benchmark testing in 2000. In addition, near-linear scalability achieved with a 1TB load across 16-, 32-, and 64-CPU HP systems reaffirmed PowerCenter’s ability to scale to meet the performance and throughput requirements of the most demanding enterprise data integration deployments.
We’d like to help make you successful in transforming your data into a productive asset that can deliver business value throughout your organization. Thank you for this opportunity to introduce you to Informatica and “Integration Everywhere™.”
2. Integration Everywhere ™ Как Informatica ще Ви помогне да извлечете максимална полза от данните във Вашата организация
3. Съдържание <ul><li>Поглед върху Informatica </li></ul><ul><li>Предизвикателствата произтичащи от разпръснатите данни </li></ul><ul><li>Решението : Data Services </li></ul><ul><li>Продуктите на Informatica </li></ul><ul><li>Ангажираността на Informatica към проблемите на клиентите </li></ul><ul><li>Защо решенията на Informatica са различни от всички останали </li></ul>
4. Поглед върху Informatica <ul><li>Основаване : 1993 </li></ul><ul><li>Централен офис : Redwood City, California </li></ul><ul><li>Служители : 1,100+ </li></ul><ul><li>Офиси : North and South America, Europe, Asia Pacific </li></ul><ul><li>Приходи : $267 млн. (2005) </li></ul>Основни факти <ul><li>Клиенти : 2,600+ </li></ul><ul><ul><li>83 от Топ 100 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>80%+ от Dow Jones </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Правителствени организации в над 20 страни </li></ul></ul>Мисията на Informatica Да помогне на големите организации да внедрят Data Services Architecture , с цел извличането на ценната информация от потоците с данни Основната цел на Informatica Data Integration продуктите и услугите
5. Предизвикателството Фрагментация на данните <ul><li>Повече от 40 г. , данните бяха свързвани посредством различни приложения </li></ul><ul><li>Вече не е достатъчно продуктивен метод </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Не осигурява лесен външен достъп до данните </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Не позволява гъвкаво използване на данните </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Не позволява да се докаже достоверността на данните </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Не осигурява възможност за многократно използване на данните </li></ul></ul>Приложение Данни
6. Предизвикателството Фрагментация на данните <ul><li>Много различни хранилища на данни </li></ul><ul><li>Многоформатни данни </li></ul><ul><li>Много различни дефиниции за данни </li></ul><ul><li>Различно качество на данните </li></ul>Годишно в света се създава 1.5 билиона терабайта информация ( Ventana Research)
7. Предизвикателството Фрагментация на данните <ul><li>Лошото качество на данните струва на американския бизнес ~$600B годишно (TDWI) </li></ul><ul><li>55% от организациите отделят високо квалифицираните си кадри за частични решения за извличане и обединение на данни от различни приложения (TDWI) </li></ul><ul><li>Днес 60% от ИТ бюджета на организациите се изпразходва за частични решения за извличане и обединение на данни от различни приложения (Ventana Research) </li></ul><ul><li>“ Без ефективна цялостна стратегия разходите по извличане и обединение на данните ще бъдат твърде високи ” (Gartner) </li></ul>
8. Предизвикателството Фактори усложняващи проблема с фрагментацията на данни <ul><li>Делови фактори </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Уедряването и придобиването </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Ограничение на правата </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Деловите контакти във вертикална и хоризонтална посока на пазара </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Социално- икономически фактори </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Глобализацията </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Геополитическата нестабилност </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Аутсорсинг </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Технологични фактори </li></ul><ul><ul><li>3-те IT технологични “вълни” </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Появилите се стандарти : SOA, SaaS </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Нови източници на данни : неструктурирани данни, гео структурни данни , email, нови индустриални стандарти за комуникация </li></ul></ul>
9. Решението : Data Services <ul><li>Унифициран достъп до данните </li></ul><ul><li>Възможност за многократна употреба </li></ul><ul><li>Данни с доказано качество </li></ul><ul><li>Общ “актив” от данни на организацията </li></ul>
10. Решението : Data Services Data Services Data Services Решения свързани с интеграцията на данни ИТ инициативи Делови задачи Data Warehouse Data consolidation Data Migration Data Synchronization Data Management Подмяна на старите системи BPO SaaS Център данни клиент , доставчик , продукт и т.н. Интеграция на приложенията BI Решението Informatica Аутсорсинг Повишаване на ефективността и приходите Сливане и уедряване Модернизи-ране и нама-ляване на ИТ разходите Подобряване вземането на решения Informatica PowerExchange Informatica Data Explorer Informatica PowerCenter Informatica Data Quality Продуктите на Informatica
11. Продуктите на Informatica Автоматизация на целия цикъл за интеграция на данни Одит , Наблюдение , Представяне Осигуряване последователността на данните , представяне на динамични анализи и непрекъснат мониторинг на данните Разработка и Управление Разработка и комуникация с Repository и Shared Metadata Data Explorer Data Quality PowerCenter PowerExchange Достъп Всяка система в batch или реал тиме Доставка Интегриране Доставя правилните данни в точното време и формат Трансформира и ресонсилира данни от всякакви източници Изчистване Намиране Валидира , коригира и стандартизира данни от всякакви източници Търси и профилира всякакви данните от всякакви източници
12. Продуктите на Informatica Позволяват универсална интеграция Платформата на Informatica <ul><li>Осигурява всеобхватност на информацията, високо качество и универсален достъп до данните </li></ul><ul><li>Рентабилност, ефективност и висока производителност </li></ul><ul><li>Дава възможност за максимално оползотворяване на вече направените IT инвестиции при намален на риск чрез прилагане на решение, независещо от съществуващите платформи </li></ul><ul><li>Съкращава времето за реализация на всяко IT решение чрез уникална универсална платформа </li></ul>Потребители ИТ Мениджмънт Разработ-чици Informatica PowerExchange Informatica Data Explorer Informatica PowerCenter Informatica Data Quality
13. The Solution: Data Services Enterprise Data Integration Организация SCM HR Custom PLM CRM ERP Външни данни Data Services The Solution: Data Services Cross-Enterprise Data Integration Бъдещето на Data Service Интеграция на данните според търсенето SaaS BPO ITO
14. Ангажиментите на Informatica към клиентите Най-добри услуги, поддръжка и обучение <ul><li>Доказано най-добрите практики </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Velocity SM методология за внедряване </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Повече от 150+ Integration Competency Center внедрявания </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Награди за поддръжката </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Финалисти за американската награда “ Stevie Award” 2006 </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Подробна стратегиз за обучение </li></ul><ul><ul><li>eLearning, Informatica Virtual Academy и обучение на място за клиенти </li></ul></ul>Informatica Professional Services Informatica професионал-ни услуги Informatica поддръжка Informatica обучение
15. Атгажиментите на Informatica към клиентите Добрата система за подбор на персонал осигурява успеха <ul><li>Повече от 300 консултантски , технически и ресурсни партньори </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Осигурени максимални възможности за избор и мобилност при избор на консултанти </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Световна мрежа от програмисти </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Осигурени програмисти навсякъде и когато е необходимо </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Световна мрежа за потребители </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Без забранени зони в сайта за различните поитребители </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Максимално възвръщане на направените инвестиции </li></ul></ul><ul><li>my.informatica.com </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Доставя 24x7 подръжка на 7 езика </li></ul></ul>Партньори Програ-мисти Клиенти
16. Защо Informatica е различна ? Широката партньорска мрежа увеличава избора и намалява риска Големи системни интегратори Операционни системи Платформи и технологии Бази данни и инфраструктира BI HP-UX IBM AIX Приложения
17. Защо Informatica е различна ? Нашите клиенти са лидери в индустрията Финанси и застраховане Телекомуник-ации Производство Търговия Здрав-еопазване Енергетика и услуги Правителство и публичен сектор Транспорт и дистрибуция
18. Защо Informatica е различна ? Осигурен успех при интеграцията навсякъде Надежност : Изключителните продукти и доказаната методология дават на индустрията доволни клиенти и световно признание за тях Неутралност : Фокусиране върху интеграцията на данни и създаването на водещи партньорства, които разширяват избора и намаляват риска за клиента Иновативност : Решенията на бъдещето в областта на интеграцията на данни , с над 100 награди Гъвкъвост : Лесно приспособими решения, адаптирани към различните делови изисквания Качество : Ангажимент за предоставяне на висококачествени продукти и услуги, включващи новите стандарти за работа и мащабност