FINAL FANTASYErika ForteNuove Tecnologie dell’arteAccademia di Belle Arti, Brescia
• ‘Final Fantasy’ is a popular series of Japanese roleplaying game produced by SquareEnix one of the major Japanese game studios.• Final Fantasy is a game of great historical importance for the world of interactive entertainment. It is especially Final Fantasy VII, which rapresent the turning point for the series, that brought what was a niche game to become popular around the world today. The seventh chapter is still the best-selling of saga.
• ‘Final Fantasy’ has reached the selling of more than 85 million copies in April 2009 .• The success of the series is undoubtedly due to the winning matching of script and soundtrack.With the release of Final Fantasy VII, videogame magazines began to talk about video games that have achieved the status of ‘art’.
• Although the plot is always different from one chapter to the other, the universe of the games is always familiar with the following recurring elements:• Magic, which is almost always a leading role in the story. The spells almost always bring the same names in every chapter. The summons, especially Shiva, the spirit of ice in the guise of a woman, Ifrit, the fire demon, and Bahamut, the king of the dragons.
• The Chocobo, big yellow bird like an ostrich, which can be riden for long distances without the danger of encountering monsters, or even to search for hidden treasures. In some chapters have different colors according to their special abilities (flying, walking on water, etc. ...). The Moogles (appeared for the first time in Final Fantasy III), little white/pink-furred fairy, half bat, half-mole, with a characteristic red pom-pom on the head. They may be useful to deliver mail and saving the game, or as a real team members. Appear for the first time in Final Fantasy III. The airships, large flying ships and the best means to move around the world map.
• Some musical themes such as the victory fanfare at the end of battle and the prelude. The types and names of weapons, ranging from Masamune and Murasame katana, swords Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon. The system of classes which are divided into different roles and abilities is a recurring one. Even the magic classes are always divided in the same way. In some chapters, the classes are fixed, others may be varied at will. A large world map to explore in search of secret locations. Money is almost always the same, Guil (Gil in some versions).• In 1986, Mr. Sakaguchi (creator and game designer) explained to Mr. Miyamoto an idea, a new video game that was called "Final Fantasy" because if the project had been a failure that would be his ultimate fantasy. But the opposite happened: it sold millions of copies and the name, which seemed to bring good luck, was not changed.
• Final Fantasy X is the tenth title in the saga of the Japanese role- playing game Final Fantasy, the first of the series to be landed on the PlayStation 2. From the technical point of view this chapter marks the final transition to fully three-dimensional graphics, made possible by the technical capabilities of Play Station 2 engine.
• Final Fantasy X marks the first time regular series composer Nobuo Uematsu has had any assistance in composing the score for a game in the main series. His fellow composers for Final Fantasy X were Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano. They were chosen for the soundtrack based on their ability to create music that was different from Uematsus style while still being able to work together.• The game features three songs with vocalized elements, including the J-pop ballad "Suteki da ne", which translates to "Isnt it Wonderful?". The other songs with lyrics are the heavy metal opening theme, "Otherworld‚.
• Final Fantasy X is the first chapter in the saga where the characters have their own voice played by professional voice actors.
• Set in the fantasy world of Spira, the games story centers around a group of adventurers and their quest to defeat a rampaging monster known as "Sin". The player character is Tidus, a blitzball star who finds himself in Spira after his home city of Zanarkand is destroyed by Sin. During the game, Tidus, along with several others, aids the summoner Yuna on her pilgrimage to destroy Sin.