The Right Medium
• The medium is the message
• Co-evolve the medium and its message
and the product and its context
• Experiment to find new mediums
• Think about how to get your innovative
product out to your customers in
Uberfication means bridging
the gap between consumer
• When social media is no longer a shiny
object how does it actually MATTER to
• Make an impact on your business with
• You CAN source leads on social media.
Super valuable content + landing pages
Find Your Niche
• Social accounts need a mission. Who
are your people.
• What are you sharing? Does it serve
that audience? Does it serve that
• Every social account should have a
mission, and then sharing content is
CONTENT IS KING
• Blend content with lifestyle information
AND your information
• Show what you know AND your
• People want to know EVERYTHING
• People want hyperlocal information
• Everything is connected
• People want control
• Create the BEST consumer experience
• Actively create the context for your
consumers to understand how your idea
fits into their lives
• Content marketing helps a company
stay TOP OF MIND, so when the
consumer is ready to buy, they turn to
you without being forced
• People want to see THEMSELVES in
YOUR work. NOT YOU
• Build trust, credibility, & goodwill
client | presentation
And Some More
• Solve people’s problems. Don’t just
solve for their happiness, solve for their
• Your marketing materials should be
what people would pay you for
• What marketing content will your
customers THANK you for?
• Be USEFUL in every update
If you have a good enough
piece of content, THAT
becomes the influencer
• Influence (is) PROVIDE attention and value
• Be generous. The more you give, the more
• Build relationships
• Take some time to help the influencer first
• Show people you are promoting THEIR stuff
• If you are mentioned anywhere- reciprocate!
• Influence has completely inverted with social
media. Provide value to others. Shine
attention to others
• Everything is about the audience
• Are you attracting the right following?
• You need people who love how much you
• Know how these people are thinking about
your industry. That drives every decision
about what to share
• TREAT THE FOLLOWERS YOU HAVE
In marketing, you want to
have as much information as
possible. A lack of information
slows down marketing.
• Provide context to your data=
• Pulling analytics is a great way to
enhance your consumer experience
• Don’t just look at vanity metrics
(impressions & reach). Measure what
you are actually trying to accomplish
(leads & conversions)
Something happens when
traditional thinking stops and
innovative thinking takes over,
• It STARTS with the consumer
• Mobile is causing a major shift in the
• User experience creates business
• Create true synergy with the
consumer…make it WE centric not ME
• Customer’s expect “frictionless”
• Are you trying “every” possible tactic on
FB to generate leads? Knock it off and
• If you are in doubt, don’t do it.
• We are constantly obsessed with the
next “big” thing. Focus on where you
• Don’t fear technology
• When you are starving, everything looks
• What fuels your brand?
• Do you trust them?
• Are they excellent at what they do?
• Do they care about me?
• As the world gets smaller, branding is more
important than ever.
• People buy from people
• Brands are made up of people. The people are the
“We partnerwith people that
we feel are brand right for us”
Change people’s hearts,
minds, and actions.
• Always default to yes. How can I help you?
• The eyes are the key to a great smile. (No
• Become a baker, not an eater.
• Baker’s do not see other people’s gains as
• Accept others for what they are
• Enchant ALL of the influencers
• If all else fails, get on your knees
Canva is amazing.
For all of the “amateur” graphic
designers of course