2. Main Points Importance of reading, Advices for learning, Possibilities for ebooks in learning process, Examples of ebook services.
3. Read and learn! To learn is to read – to read is to learn, Teachers goal : develop motivation to read and to implement necessary skills among students , Librarian <> teacher.
4. Eight principles for best practices Immersion, Demonstration, Engagement, Expectations,
5. Eight principles for best practices Responsibility, Approximations, Employement, Responce.Brian L. Cambourne (1988)
6. Five areas of focus Phonemic awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, Comprehension.
7. Ebooks in learning process1. Engaging and developing readingSpecial services created for childrens education: Scholastics BookFlix Tumble Books Big Universe International Childrens Digital Library
8. Scholastics BookFlix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJP1k88SqrI Many options supporting fluency of reading, vocabulary, phonics, visual awarness of words by usind different media. It is a service for children as well as for teachers and parents.
9. International Childrens Digital Library http://en.childrenslibrary.org/ It is free!! Support for cultural exchange and learning global understanding In many different languages Develop fluency and vocabulary.
10. Ebooks in learning process2. Older readersMotivation to read more often and widely: New technology Different devices Interactive
11. Etextbooks Digital version of printed textbooks Easier is to learn from printed ones Cheaper are electronic versionsWhat to do to make etextbooks more popular and effective?
12. EtextbooksImplement additional options, which traditional textbooks dont have. builtin dictionaries and links to recommended pronunciation guides, readings/websites, bookmarking , Multimedia, keyword searching, interactive games / quizzes, annotating/highlighting, integration with online shared notes, course management Readaloud, systems.
13. Ebooks implement Cambournes eight principles and five areas mentioned by NRP. Especially on field of engagement, interaction, approximation and response. They are helpful in learning process.