1. An Act of RemembranceIn memory of Douglas Elliott Berry By Jeffery Soy
2. Personal Information• Son of Gordon Roe and Ruby Isabel Berry, Douglas Elliott Berry was born on July 9th, 1920• Lived on 792 Somerset St.• On his interview papers, Douglas was described as being 5”7 and a healthy young man who dressed neat and cleanly. His personality was described to be confident and mature.• Married on June 25th , 1941 to Margaret Isabel McCagg• Spoke high school French
3. 792 Somerset St.
4. Education• Douglas attended Devonshire Primary school from 1924 to 1935
5. • For high school, he attended Glebe Collegiate Institute from the years of 1935 to 1940
6. School Activites• Douglas Elliott Berry had various hobbies, including, baseball, football, and swimming.• He also played trumpet in the school band.
7. Military Information• Berry enlisted in the military on October 20, 1940• 428th Squadron• He was an air gunner and air observer for the RCAF• Official number: J/• Rank: Aircraftman – 2nd Class, Flying Officer, Flight Lieutenant
8. Cause of Death• On February 2nd 1945, at around 11:30pm, Berry’s aircraft Burst into flames and exploded in mid-flight over Wiesbaden, Germany• Parts of his aircraft were scattered all around the area and his body was never found.
9. Burial• Berry has a gravestone in the Durnbach War Cemetery in Germany