Hr education institutes & professional associations of hrPresentation Transcript
HR Education Institutes
Professional Associations of HR
Pooja R Patil
Prithvi Lingh Honnesh
Chartered Institute of Personnel
• Chartered Institute
• Founded in 1913 as Welfare Workers’
• Headquartered in Wimbledon, London,
• The organization has over 135,000 members
across 120 countries
• Building teams' HR capabilities HR Planning &
• leadership development programs
• HR consultancy
• learning and development solutions
• in-house training programs for HR teams and
• in-house delivery of CIPD qualifications
• case studies of work with organizations
Society for Human Resource Management
• We can contact society members for any
queries related to HR issues in your firm.
• Through e-mail, online live chat or by calling.
• These members are experienced and certified
• SHRM offers a website where anybody can ask
questions and get answers.
HR related queries
• Stimulate positive forces and enable people
contribute their best.
• To develop knowledge and skills relevant to
• To gain knowledge through research and
• To strengthen the HRD movement in the
CIPD VS SHRM
• CIPD membership provides direct access to
certification for those people who have
appropriate strategic level experience of HR
• SHRM certification is available based on a
minimum number of work experiences in
human resources and passing scores on a US
National Human resource
• 12,500+ Members
• 30 Chapters
• 9 Online Communities
• Headquartered in Hyderabad, India
• Institutional membership
• Individual membership
• To generate, acquire and continuously develop
new knowledge and skills related to HRD
through research and development.
• To disseminate HRD knowledge and skills
among HRD professionals and practitioners,
and share information and experiences
relating to HRD.
To strengthen the HRD movement in the
• Assisting organizations and agencies in
designing and implementing HRD systems,
evaluating the impact of HRD systems and
processes, and feeding back the results for
• To act as a clearinghouse for all referrals
related to HRD activities in the country.
HRD Excellence Awards
Academy of HRD
Research and publication
Newsletters, Journals, Podcasts
The Indian Society for
Established in April 1970
is a national level professional & non-profit society registered
under the Societies Registration Act, 1860
has a large membership of individuals and institutions involved in
the area of training and HRD from Government, Public and Private
Sector Organisations & Enterprises, Educational and Training
Institutions and other Professional Bodies.
Affiliated to: the International Federation of Training and
Development Organisations (IFTDO), Geneva
and Asian Regional Training and Development Organisations
Diploma in Training & Development :
•introduced in April 1979
•is the only professional course for Training of Trainers in the country and is
designed to meet today's training / HRD challenges.
Best CEO award
National Award for innovative Training Practices
Best Member Award
To bring together individuals from Government, industry, education and
such other institutions to evolve and develop improved and effective
HRD/Training practices tools and technologies.
Promote a better and more effective utilization of human resources
through education, training and development
Stimulate thought and efforts for the dissemination, exchange and
furtherance of information, knowledge, research, techniques, materials,
aids, skills and attitudes in the field of training & development
Promote an understanding of training and development as a basic
responsibility of management and administration.
Encourage or assist in the promotion of professional school and other institutions allied with
the objective of the Society and other professional degrees, diplomas and certificates
To institute and establish scholarships, grants, awards, and prizes to encourage study and
research in the field of training & development
Establish, organize or assist in setting up professional institutions, libraries, laboratories and
Co-operate with institutions, bodies and agencies having similar objectives, for the
promotion and development of the training & development movement in the country
Foster a feeling of fellowship among its members and to promote understanding and
goodwill among all persons, working in the field of training & development.
Assistance for organisation of need based in company
training & development programmes.
Assistance in identification and selection of resource persons.
Consultancy in designing and conducting training programmes.
Assistance in the study and analysis of organisational problems with special
reference to training inputs.
Consultancy in HRD structure, systems, policies and processes.
Opportunities for collaboration in HRD/Training
Training for Trainers
Finance for Non-financial Executives
Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
Project Identification, Formulation, Approval and Appraisal
Manpower Planning and Career Development
Technologies and Production Management
Finance, Marketing and Personnel Management
Evaluating and Bench Marking HRD
ISO-9000, Total Quality Management
Coping with Change for Working Women
Managerial Leadership and Team Building
National Institute of Personnel Management
• Registered under Society’s Registration Act
• It is an institute of professionals engaged in
personnel management, industrial relation,
labour welfare and human resource
• Est. 1980.
• Located in Kolkatta
What NIPM does?
• NIPM develops skill and expertise of the
professionals and executives.
• Through regular lectures, seminars, training
courses and conferences.
Who is benefited?
Extremely useful for:
• Working executives
• Self employed
• Job seekers
It provides essential management techniques
which are needed for industrial requirements.