Be the first to like this
What do you know about your Documentum system? Learn how to prevent Documentum downtime with deep visibility and with three key insights.
First though, do you know:
- Your processor load, memory usage & disk space?
- Your overall server health?
- If your Documentum system is available?
- How many users are on it?
- What transactions are they executing?
- If your system is operating at peak performance?
- How long it takes to check out a document?
- If you are meeting your SLAs?
Without Deep Documentum Insight...
- Firefighting & lengthy troubleshooting becomes the norm
- Users become disenchanted due to missed SLA’s & productivity suffers
- App support is stuck in reactive mode & planning is difficult
In a Reveille survey of Documentum users at EMC World 2014, preventing downtime was cited as a top concern - 50+%!
3 Metrics to Prevent Downtime
1. Server Health Metrics
- Repository space available
- CPU Usage
- Memory Consumption
Managing underlying server metrics ensures a solid physical/virtual foundation for your Documentum environment
Note: Reveille Scorecards show server health over time – watch for upward trends to prevent downtime
2. System Usage Metrics
Understand all end user activity & system processing, such as:
- Content Server Active/Total Sessions
- Content Server App Activity Count
- ACS Requests
- BAM Job Counts
- BOCS Request Counts
- CTS Queued & Total Task Counts
- xPLORE Pending & Processing Counts
- JVM Session Counts
Note: Understand distribution & peak times for both users & processes to ensure system availability
3. Response Time Metrics
- End User Response Times for your key client apps such as D2, xCP, WebTop, Mobile
- API Performance
- Database Query Response Times
- Repository Transaction Performance
- Document Transformation Times
Understand expected response times for both user transactions & common processes
Note: Investigating the cause of slowing response times can prevent larger system down situations
Take a Product Tour: http://reveillesoftware.com/product-tour/