3. 3. Be acreative sponge. Never stop feeding your mind.
4. Must reads.
5. One of the best. wideas.com www.directne
6. nline.comwww. creativity-o
7. 6.Don’t polish turds. Best to move on as soon as you can.
8. 7.Does it smell? Play with the senses.
17. Now subtract.
18. 9.Workwith thebest.And letthem dotheir job.
19. onFind a great writer and hang e.to him or her for dear lif
20. 11.Takethe timeto learnorigami.
21. Personalise your campaigns.
22. V isit this site and have a play. ntro.php itlist.com/i www.thedexterh
23. The Picasso fake
24. ‘Ascending & Descending’ - M.C. Escher 1960
25. ‘The Treason of Images’ - Rene Magritte 1928
26. 15.Grids are good.The GoldenSection andthe theory ofcomposition.
32. Follow thesebasic rules and you’llbe on your way.
33. Same pic, just different lines.
34. The classic postcard is thecheapest form ofdirect mail. But it can still deliver great ideas.
35. Coupons can still be relevant.
36. 20. Inspiration is allaround you. Keep it safe.
37. 21.“If it looks right. It is right.” Mr. Robert Waters My High School Art Teache r
38. Try differe nt view. Look at nyour work i a mirror.
39. 22.Colour is anArt Director’ssecret weapon.
43. The Economistmasthead may havebeen the inspirationfor the campaign look?
44. 24.Haveanothercreative outlet.
45. 25.Watch theWebbys.
46. 26.Avoidvisual cliches.
47. The exception
48. The real deal
49. The exception
50. The exception
51. A good camera hasalwa ys been an importantto ol for Art Directors.
52. 28.Alwayshave theproduct onyour desk.
53. And eatthe product.
54. 29. Don’t fear white space.
55. App le are the masters ofcontem porary white space.
56. 30.The bestpath to the latest design trends is in your hands. Magazine design.
57. 31. What to show Don.
58. 1. Be on time, be enthusiastic and positive. Be yourself.Read Don’s site and have a few solid questions to ask him.2. Begin with a great idea, and end with an even better one.3. Turn good ideas, into great campaigns. 4. BE BRUTAL: Three great ideas, always beats thirty three average ones.
59. 5. You’re an Art Director, so presentationand style are very important. Portfolio Vs iBook Vs iPad? (Remember Don was a writer, so consider your audience carefully.)
60. 6. Show a good range of work, across multiple channels, products and brands.7. Always adapt your book for your audience and rehearse your presentation.8. Show at least one fully art directed campaign. 9. Talk about your creative interests outside of advertising. 10. Listen carefully to all the feedback and act on the advice that feels right for you.
61. 32.And neverforget. ‘Big ideas are your last legal means of an unfair creative advantage.’ D. Bell
62. 33.Lov e your job.
63. Just like thenew iPhone 5, ‘33 things I know about Art Direction’ was updated 12 Sept 2012. ow-about-art-direction /Reosurfer/33-things-i-kn e.net www.slideshar