Remya N Sankar
• Essentially a table used for positioning objects
in rows and columns
• It can have multiple children, and acts rather
like a spreadsheet.
• It acts much like HTML's table tag and allows
data and controls to be arranged in a tabular-
• A row is the same height and a column is the
same width across the entire Grid,
• But elements can be made to span multiple
• .Cells can contain more than one item.
• The placement of an element in the Grid is
specified using attached
• The size of rows and columns may be specified
exactly, set to "auto", or use "star-sizing".
• f a row or column is set to "auto", it will be just as tall
or wide as its tallest or widest child.
• In proportional sizing the value of a column or row is
expressed in Xaml as *.
<RowDefinition Height="*" >
• you can give twice the space to one column or row as
another by using 2*