1. Partnership with PatientsA presentation before CMS/Partnership for Patients June 13, 2012 by Regina Holliday
2. Two Measurable GoalsKeep patients from getting injured or sicker.By the end of 2013, preventable hospital-acquiredconditions would decrease by 40% compared to2010. Help patients return home without complication. By the end of 2013, preventable complications during a transition from one care setting to another would be decreased so that all hospital readmissions would be reduced by 20% compared to 2010.
3. CMS Innovation Center is investing up to $1 billion to two Partnership for Patients initiatives:(HEN’s) Hospital Engagement NetworksOrganizations awarded funding by CMS toCollaborate with hospitals to find solutions toImprove patient safety and quality1.HAC (Hospital Acquired Condition) 2.HAI(Hospital Acquired Infection) 3.OB adverse events 4.Reduce Readmissions
4. CCPT Community-based Care Transitions ProgramTo aid in care transitions from inpatient hospitalto other care settings, improve quality and reduceReadmissions.
5. What can patients do to reduce health care harm?
6. Pop culture FriendsPatient, Family & Community-Driven Care Neighbors Family Civic organizations Caregiver Religious Institutions Self Social Media Informed Prepared, Activated Proactive Patient Practice TeamCommunity Health SystemResources &Policies Health Care Organization Delivery System DesignSelf-management Support Decision Support Chronic Care Model Clinical Information Systems
7. PEN’s Patient Engagement Networksa PEN is really good at writing about injustice and then telling the whole world.
8. Street ArtinHealth Care?
9. Free to downloadJoint Commission ~Patient Safety Posters as Art Set of 10 of these ~Funded Art Competitions to design 18x24$99.00 eye catching posters to address Joint Commission ~Artist donate designs for the cause
10. If we want to address harm we must be able to report it… 1-800-Number for Health Care Harm This 1-800 vender is contracted with over 800 facilities for reports of violations from patients or providers Pro-Publica Patient Harm on Facebook Over 700 members are members of this online Group reporting instances of harm nationwide. When Twitter Attacks When we have no recourse we will complain online QR Code Guerilla Action Could placement of a QR direct patients to help?
11. A name tag defines us
12. What if we had a resource that depicted the reality of care visually?
13. Patient EducationWho taught you how to be a patient? Look at children as they play They play “school.” They play “house.” They play “store.” And they play “doctor?” How can we own our patient Experience we are not included?”
14. Include the Patient VoiceWe must encourage every committee,sub-committee, and hospital boardto actively recruit and include patientsin every aspect of the care process fromdesign to implementation to resolution.SpeakerLink.orgFrom the exam room to the board room.
15. Welcome to the Walking Gallery.Telling the patient story one jacket at a time.
16. Social Media ~ HIT ~ UX design ~ Meaningful Use ~ Venders ~ Programmers ~ Patient Portals Technology and Design should be the wind at your back, not your face.
17. Patients are really goodat connecting the silos of careTo make this goal we must all worktogether hand in hand.It is a partnership for all.