The success of microsite marketing strategy
- 7,474 views
What are Microsites? ...
What are Microsites?
- Microsites, sometimes known as minisites, are one or more Web pages that function as an independent Website
- They are off-shoots of a parent site, usually employed on a temporary basis to promote a new product, promotion or even advertising campaign
- Some companies use microsites as an opportunity to be more creative or “fun” than they are on their company Website
Common Characteristics of a Microsite…
1) Focus on a single main topic or theme
2) Target specific audience group
3) Target a new market
4) Target a new market
5) Story Telling
Do You Really Need A Microsite???
- Let’s start by asking the following questions:
1) What is the goal of the Microsite?
2) Will the microsite contain unique content not duplicated on your main site?
3) Will you be competing with your main website?
4) Will the microsite be on for a long time or short time?
5) Do you have the resources to implement and properly maintain the microsite?
Principles of Microsites…
1. Each microsite should have a single purpose
2. Microsites should improve confidence
3. Microsites should be small but meaty
4. Microsites should provide instant gratification
5. Microsites should allow users to find information on their own
6. Microsite navigation should be intuitive
7. Microsites should be economical and agile
Steps to create a Great Microsite
- Creating a sticky website comprises of many different elements:
1.Content – By giving customer correct information and quality content, it is more likely that they will be either a returning customer, or a referring one
2.Design & Aesthetics – The design of a website will help you to get the customers you are after and appeal to the right audience of people
3.Usability – Visitors should be able to navigate through your microsite easily. You should not design a microsite where your visitors guess how to get to the section they want
4.SEO Friendly – A SEO friendly website will make a huge difference to how well search engines will find your business website
5.Good Branding – Your microsite should have a name easy enough to remember, or related to your services, or a logo that is easily recognisable which will get customers coming to you
Benefits from Microsites…
1.Branding – They help to brand your product or service in a way that is unique from your parent brand while presenting it to a new audience
2. Details – A separate section on the product or service makes it easy to clarify the offer
3. Provides a Clear Path – Laser focus on an idea or product makes the microsite the perfect online tool for leading visitors to a call to action
4.Address the overcrowding issue – At times we see sites where visitors are given too many choices and no obvious path. If a visitor takes a long time to find what they want, they will become frustrated and leave
5. Communicate with the target audience – Visitors will stick to your site longer if the informa
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views